Best cooling pad for 2014 razer blade 14"?

Hey,
I've recently purchased the new razer blade and it's getting a little too hot for my liking. what would you guys recommend as the best form of external cooling? i know most of them are cheap rubbish, but i'm wondering if anyone happened to come across a fan pad or something that would be good for the blade, given that the air intake is underneath the laptop. (seriously, why don't they learn from that?) I'm fine with it being a usb connection, but considering that it will be permanantly chilling at my work station and the blade only has 3 USB ports, i'd rather something with an A/C power adapter. P.s i live in Australia. Thanks heaps.

Thermaltake and cooler master make some decent ones

I use one at home on my little laptop, works great. for my m18x I use a laptop riser from ikea for £3 and drilled holes in it :)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

doesnt linus have adverts on his videos for a laptop cooler?

it has a 17cm fan and a 4 ports USB hub if im not mistaken

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Keep in mind that the Blade uses its aluminum shell as a partial heatsink, it does get quite warm.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

What is your budget?

No budget really, just looking for good design and laptop compatability. don't want to spend 100 dollars for a pad thats fans run in the opposite direction to the blade though, haha

doesnt linus have adverts on his videos for a laptop cooler?

it has a 17cm fan and a 4 ports USB hub if im not mistaken

yeah, that's what initially made me come to the forums. although the one advertised on his latest video, is too big for the razer. i only want something small, like 15".

Thermaltake and cooler master make some decent ones

I use one at home on my little laptop, works great. for my m18x I use a laptop riser from ikea for £3 and drilled holes in it :)

yeah, i was looking at the cooler master U2 notepal. it's the right colour and alluminum body with movable fans. only downside is the usb only power connection. Although, it does act as a 2.0 usb power jack, which isn't perfect cause i'll be scaling down from the razer's 3.0. but surely the deathadder wouldn't make a difference, right?

• 1 month later...

regarding the cooling, should i buy the cooler which able to flow air upward towards the bottom of laptop or the one blow the air exhaust from the laptop. since only part i can see is grill bottom the laptop. 

wonder where the intake n exhaust for this laptop. please advise.

Get the Cooler Master Notepal U2. :P

System 1: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus AT5IONT-I mini-ITX - Intel® Atom™ D525 onboard 1.8GHz Dual-Core HT - Integrated NVIDIA® ION™ - 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

System 2: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus E2KM1I-DELUXE mini-ITX - AMD E2-2000 onboard 1.75GHz Dual-Core - Integrated AMD® Radeon HD 7340 - 2x 4GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

Building: Bitfenix Prodigy Black - Corsair AX860i - Asus Maximus VII Impact - Corsair Hydro Series H100i - Intel® Core™ i7 4790K - Asus Matrix Platinum GTX 980 4GB - Corsair 16GB Dominator Platinum 2x 8GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 - Samsung 1TB EVO 840 Series

yeah, i was looking at the cooler master U2 notepal. it's the right colour and alluminum body with movable fans. only downside is the usb only power connection. Although, it does act as a 2.0 usb power jack, which isn't perfect cause i'll be scaling down from the razer's 3.0. but surely the deathadder wouldn't make a difference, right?

Yeah, using your mouse in a USB 2.0 port shouldn't make a difference.

The U2 is a pretty decent cooling pad, and I wish more laptops made it easier to move the fans around so that they're positioned right under the intake vents. I bought one myself, but I've since moved to a 17" laptop, so it's just collecting dust right now. If there's one drawback I can think of, it's that the angle is steep. There's rubber on the corners so that your laptop is less likely to slide down, and I'd imagine with a Razer Blade, it's light enough to be okay. Still, with my previous 14" laptop, I had to stack a bunch of cardboard under the front end of the cooling pad because the angle was so ridiculous for my (relatively) heavy laptop.