USB C devices consistently develop issues connecting to cables, is there anything I can do?

jriver

So I have a weird problem with USB C on my phones, and it does not feel as straight forward as it should. Let me explain:

So I was excited to switch off of Micro USB. Since USB C started making it to phones I have had a Moto G, A Nexus 5x, a Pixel 4a, and a Pixel 6, while my wife has rocked an LG, and a Samsung G10. Now I can be a bit of a Linus, hence why my current phone is newer then my wife's, but I have consistently run into a problem with my devices that my wife has not shared. At some-point all of my devices stop being able to connect properly to their charging cables, even ones my wife has no problems with.

As a result I have gone through the trouble of 1 buying brand name cables (Ankers are my go to), 2 buying high wattage chargers, 3 aggressively cleaned my charging port, and 4 started using wireless charging to reduce the wear on my port. I often have to twist my cables a few time to connect (especially when I need a faster charge, or use Android auto), and even then the connection is unstable. However my wife who is on a 4 year old phone has had none of these problems with the same cables. I can be rougher on my phones, but if I am wearing out my phone port I would expect new cables to have trouble, but that isn't what I see, and if it was the cables wearing out then I would expect my wife to have the same issues, but she doesn't.

I am not sure what to do, and am wondering if anyone here has seen similar issues and might have tips for how to address.

Thanks

I constantly have to pick out lint from my phones charging port as it will eventually prevent the cable to plug in properly over time.

I gave up and switched to wireless charging.