I think I broke my headphones.

NinjaPleze
Go to solution Solved by creatip123,

Your next step is to plug other headphones into your onboard sound  ;)

I don't think that's really needed. The facts are:

- Headphone plugged to PC, in the past = working

- Headphone plugged to PC, now = buzzing

- Headphone plugged to other sources = working greatly

From that 3 points alone is enough to conclude that the problem comes from the PC, not the headphone, and not because that particular headphone can't 'connect' with the PC, because it worked before.

Most likely mobo's problem. Get an external DAC for replacement. 

Cmon, "half arsed"? Suggestions for a dac/amp were asked for and that's what I gave.

If you're had read any of the replies posted before yours, you would have seen that I already suggested to test out another pair of headphones and it got shot down in the best answer in this thread. My replies were helpful, but what would you consider yours?

Like everything in life, utterly pointless. 

I read them all, per usual, though I like to pretend that my name still carries weight around here, so I stated it again. 

(For clarification, I was using "you" in a generalized term, not directed at you in particular.)

I read them all, per usual, though I like to pretend that my name still carries weight around here, so I stated it again. 

(For clarification, I was using "you" in a generalized term, not directed at you in particular.)

Fair enough, I would've like to see more testing as well. C'est la vie  :rolleyes:

Fair enough, I would've like to see more testing as well. C'est la vie  :rolleyes:

Vita e cazzi (can't be assed to accent)

You'll get use to the disappointment around here, because its seldom anything but. 

Cmon, "half arsed"? Suggestions for a dac/amp were asked for and that's what I gave.

If you're had read any of the replies posted before yours, you would have seen that I already suggested to test out another pair of headphones and it got shot down in the best answer in this thread. My replies were helpful, but what would you consider yours?

Ok, just to clarify things, in case anyone got the wrong idea, I didn't say 'absolutely don't do the extra testing', I said it shouldn't be necessary, because it could mean putting more efforts than needed. Not everybody have spare headphones laying around to test. If not, then OP might have to borrow one from his friends, and the other option is buying another one for testing, which is a total overkill. But if OP can spare the efforts, then yeah, why not? 

So I came back to check on the post and apparently I've been missing a ton. So I decided to run some extra tests just to be sure. Have some cheap ies laying around you I tried those (hope you guys are happy cause I hate having to move everything just to get to the back of my case :P). IEs struggled in the same place (test was done at the 2:00 mark on this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co4YpHTqmfQ). Testing both pairs then on my HTC One M8 and found that the sound was much louder on the M8 as well as being clearer and (I guess) punchier. I ordered the sybla 'cause it's only a few bucks more and doesnt fill up one of the two slots on my mobo. 

CPU - AMD 6800k; Mobo - ASRock FM2A88M-HD+; RAM G. SKill 8GB(2x4gb); GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580; Case - NZXT H230; Storage - Toshiba 1tb HDD, OCZ Agility 3 120 gb; Silverstone 600w 80+ bronze; Display - Dell 24 in., Generic 20 in.; Cooling - Antec Kuhler H20 620; Keyboard - Genereic Dell; Mouse - Logitech m510; Sound - Syba USB 2.0 DAC

I appreciate everyone's help.

CPU - AMD 6800k; Mobo - ASRock FM2A88M-HD+; RAM G. SKill 8GB(2x4gb); GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580; Case - NZXT H230; Storage - Toshiba 1tb HDD, OCZ Agility 3 120 gb; Silverstone 600w 80+ bronze; Display - Dell 24 in., Generic 20 in.; Cooling - Antec Kuhler H20 620; Keyboard - Genereic Dell; Mouse - Logitech m510; Sound - Syba USB 2.0 DAC

So about 6 months ago I bought a pair of ath-m30s. I like to listen to my music loud but I don't listen to a whole lot of music while I'm on my computer. Today, Played a clip with music and I turned up the volume only to get buzzing. 

Guess I blew out the drivers?

I don't know much about audio so I have no clue. 

What can I do?

Do I buy a new pair? 

What set of headphones will last me forever that allow loud music and decent base?

Koss if you just want retarded loud and somewhat decent base for 20$ :P