I got a free server - need advice on testing and selling it

(not trying to directly sell here and break any rules)

Huge newbie here - I got my hands on a cisco c220 m5 with 320 gigs of ram, 4tbs of sas ssds, and dual xeon golds. Would it be better to sell the ram and storage separately? Is ebay the best place to sell this kind of stuff?

Also, how do I test the thing? What's the easiest way to sure that it works as it should (at least the ram and storage)?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks for the help!

Sell the RAM and SSDs seperately.

Sell the "body" with CPU and motherboard as well.

Not sure about testing, but just boot it up really and see if it boots and check some settings that's really about it.

You might need to read a manual real quick but it should offer how to boot into the device and all that jazz and set it up.

But honestly sell the DDR4 ram sticks in pairs or singles, make dough like that, SSDs can also be sold individually. Price them approritately like 60 or 70$ a piece or something along those lines.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Second gen Xeon Scalable still holds its own, and those servers haven't bottomed out in price yet by a long shot.

You'll probably get the most out of it if you sell the RAM and SSDs separately. Save a pair of DIMMs for the chassis if you want to sell it as a working system. (You need at least one DIMM per installed CPU.)

Keep the drive trays with the chassis instead of the drives. As somebody who's homelabbed with enterprise servers, it's always disappointing when you have to acquire drive sleds separately, or buy used drives that come with sleds you can't use because they're a different manufacturer than the chassis you've got. It feels like all of the server recyclers on the secondhand market don't bother separating the drives from the sleds because it takes a little time.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.