Question about Corsair RM650 (2021)

ArcticApe

Hello! I'm building a PC and I have 10 SATA devices. On the store I want to buy from, its listed as having 7 sata power slots. But I also know that Corsair sells cables you can buy, so my question is; Can I plug in 4 of these SATA power cables and itll all be fine, or is it just meant as a replacement if the one that comes with your model breaks?

Something like this: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/p/pc-components-accessories/cp-8920186/premium-individually-sleeved-sata-cable-type-4-generation-3-black-cp-8920186

i think it should work to add one more of these cables, i think the RM650 has 3 plugs for these sata cables and it only ships with 2 cables included, but make sure that the cable is specifically compatible with the exact PSU.

What you could do as well is use the included PATA/molex connectors and get PATA/molex-to-sata cables.

5 minutes ago, _Omega_ said:

i think it should work to add one more of these cables, i think the RM650 has 3 plugs for these sata cables and it only ships with 2 cables included, but make sure that the cable is specifically compatible with the exact PSU.

What you could do as well is use the included PATA/molex connectors and get PATA/molex-to-sata cables.

Im not comfortable using converters with power supplies, but thanks for the suggestion 🙂

1 minute ago, ArcticApe said:

Im not comfortable using converters with power supplies, but thanks for the suggestion 🙂

Is there a specific reason you don't want to use converts? They work fine and are used in huge amounts of systems without issues.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Is there a specific reason you don't want to use converts? They work fine and are used in huge amounts of systems without issues.

Paranoia, I'd rather use a standard SATA cable if possible rather than rolling the dice on converters. My country has weird vendors that I have no reason to trust

39 minutes ago, ArcticApe said:

Can I plug in 4 of these SATA power cables and itll all be fine, or is it just meant as a replacement if the one that comes with your model breaks?

The PSU only has three 6 pin ports, so you could plug in 3 of them. You won't be able to plug in any Molex 4 pin connectors, if you need those. 

:)