consols delema what to do...

thrasher_565

so a few years ago i was getting back in to setting up my consoles as i sold some. and at the time was looking for an auto switching rca switch. well there some out there they are pricy.

anyway i did buy some bnc extron things as they said auto on them but to make em work i think i need custom cables or something. so at that point i stopped with consoles and got back in to pc stuff and argb... well now im trying to set it up agan. the plan  was to buy hyperkin hdmi cables for snes,n64,ps2,gc,wii then go thow a tsmart 8 hdmi auto switcher then to tv. well i won a tv for xmiss and well its cheaper then my lg its bigger by a bit. well now im having lag problems to were i can get pass the big bullet in smw the first level. ya i been on pcs and are use to the 120 fps but i cant be that bad?

so i dont no what to do or were to start. keep the consols use the native componit cables thow a av slector thow a retro tink to the hdmi switcher then to the tv?

consols i own:

nes fc toploader with everdrive : with cheap rca to hdmi adapter

snes with everdrive hyperkin hdmi cable

sega genis with everdrive hyperkin hdmi cable

n64 with everdrive hyperkin hdmi cable

gamecube hyperkin hdmi cable

wii with hyperkin hdmi cable

wii u i think with some other hdmi cable? 🤔

360 hdmi

ps2 slim with hyperkin hdmi cable (cable was broken so i got another hdmi adapter MAYFLASH )

ps3 hdmi

switch hdmi

later on ill probly get a ps4

other consoles i dont have atm but at my dads place. ps2 fat, xbox, ps one.

1x tesmart 8 hdmi auto switcher

1x tesmart 16 hdmi auto switcher

tv: 49inch tcl tcl 50s434-ca

some lg smaller tv like 35ish to 40ish modle dont no

and some i think plasma tc ok size dont rember the specs

i also got a bunch of 8bitdo mod witless mod kits for nes,snes,n64,sega genicis as well as wired controllers

consotlers:

8Bitdo Sn30 2.4G

8Bitdo Pro 2

8Bitdo Adapter 2 USB

8bitdo Receiver for SNES

8bitdo Receiver for ps1/2

8bitdo Receiver for genisis

8bitdo Receiver for nes

8Bitdo M30 2.4G Wireless

8BitDo Mod Kit for Original SNES/SFC

8BitDo Mod Kit for Original NES

8BitDo Mod Kit for Original Dogbone

8BitDo Mod Kit for Original N64

8BitDo Mod Kit for Original MD

i have all origanl wired controllers for the consols as well.

2x extron sw4 ar hv xi

extron mav1616 series switcher

bnc to rca adaptors and phenix plug things for audio thow kinda dont fit right.

2x gernric rca slectors have a better one on the way. with componit composit svidio as well as digatal audio LE316R.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

7 hours ago, jaslion said:

Ok so on the older lg tv everything was fine then?

i dont no i havent played consols for a long time. i no i was trying to play mario 3d land on wii u and was having problems. and i cant rember if that was on the lg or plasma tv. but it was using that hdmi adapter witch i heard adds alot of lag so...🤷‍♂️

i do need to do some more testing fist.

so long time ago like 15+ years i had a haris tv that had rca and all the consils used there native cables so i dont think there was problem with lag. i had a wii at that time and played new super mario bros and dint get past the second act. ethere i was rusty using the wii as i mostly played pc. and mostly played ps3 with lbp even thow i had all the systems all hooked up with rca switch.

then before that i had a really big crt tv but played mostly ps3 lbp on it. before that it would have been emulators on pc and befor that was crt tv/ emulators. so i could be rusty at playing but i fell i sould not be that bad...

so it probly the tv and hdmi cable adaptor or just the hdmi cable adaptor. the wireless controller i heard are good and dont had much lag. posable im not use to playing a nes game on a big 49inch witch stretch image and the timings can be off🤷‍♂️

i will test my controllers on my pc and try and emulator to see if i am runsty...that will atlest rule thow out.

Picture 255.jpg

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

• 2 weeks later...

so update for anyone that cares...🤷‍♂️

long time ago when i was thing on hooking up my consoles to tv by hdmi i think i did a lot of research but i guess i forgot about it and decided to just emulate (witch is what i justest you do)

so i tested the console on a small tv/monitor thing i have with rca and i can play games just fine so im not the problem a bit rusty but ya.

so the problem is analog to digatal. they hyperkin are cheap and they add alot of inputlag just like alot of the knock off ones  not targeted at consoles but do work for other things.

so you need a good analog to digital. and thows are retro tink, radx (witch has some of retrotink software) and ossc and the old framemister witch i think ossc is better but they all have pros and cons per system.

other option is use a crt or but and hdmi consol like the av1 or classic and mod them for more games.

rgb/hdmi moded console will be the best it can get but cost alot like $500+ per console but its the best...

tvs that have rca on the back are not vary good and still add input lag

the 8bitdo controller are well built and might a some lag its vary small fine for most non speedruners.

so what did i do? i was building on a retrotink 5x but got out bid so i went the ossc and ossc add-on thing and got a bunch of component cables. still cost alot. i got 4x av to composite/svideo for the nes,snes,n64 and gamecube for now. i got a  HD Retrovision PlayStation 2 cable and Nintendo Wii Licensed Component cable, xbox Component cable, Tomee AV Cable for Genesis 1 not the best but will do for now. the LE316R  switch looked like it was used but looks new in box so i lucked out and it dose have auto switching on it. but it only hooks up 4 consoles thow.

svideo is the best you can do with out moding the consoles and Component for the other newer consoles

there a few other ok analog to digital convertors like eon for gamecube and n64 and xbox, few other like bitfenix and so on.

anyway gl and dont wast moeny like i did...