My PC Runs Most Benchmarks Great But Won't Play Games Anymore???

486DX Win3.1

Display Output is either Black or Monitor says "no signal" on About half of the Games I try to Run. It's not immediate. Most games load to the title menu then crash to black screen when you start them up.

I thought my GPU was going Bad, but Some Benchmarks run flawlessly for an hour. MSI Kombustor and Artifact Scanner runs fine at high frame rates with 0 Artifacting. GPU stress tests- just fine on PassMark Free Trial. PassMark Benchmark shows no problems with the GPU same for MSI Kombustor.

I upgraded to Windows 11 from Win 10. After I did that, some games either load and then turn to a Black Screen With Audio or Black Screen Without Audio, OR ELSE they load and go all the way through the Menu Screen and then Fail when actually Starting the Application (as in pressing "play now" from the game title page)

Some games just won't "go," like Borderlands Wonderland, Fallout 76, and Mass Effect.
But I played a really intensive demanding session of TABS (totally accurate battle simulator) without a single glitch.

Unigen Superposition Benchmark Crashes and Gives the Black Screen of Death. PassMark Benchmark runs Great!

THINGS I TRIED:

Reinstalled Nvidia Drivers/GeForce Experience
NV CleanInstall
Direct X Troubleshooting Tool
Direct X Reinstall
Bios Update to the Latest Bios for my MB
Deleted Game Temp settings in the File Trees
Visual C++ reinstall 2015-2022
Downgraded my CPU Overclock for more stability
Set GPU to factory settings in MSI Afterburner
Disabled MS Defender
Disabled Norton Antivirus/Malware
Verified Game Files Install using Steam

This is crazy

i7 8086K
Aorus Z370
GSkill RAM 32GB
RTX 3080

Uninstall Norton, Why do you even HAVE that?

Sounds like a driver issue or a windows issue. I would just reinstall windows 11 from a fresh install, or go back to windows 10 Windows 11 is only useful for your system if you use HDR.. Back up the important stuff and start anew. Since those issues started after you upgraded from how you phrased it.

Other then that its going to be a few different things, i doubt its the GPU failing since its not that old. Did you mine Crypto on it at all?

Just now, Schnoz said:

That's definitely a Windows 11 issue. You should upgrade back to Windows 10, and you should be fine.

Also, definitely get rid of Norton. That stuff's actual malware.

I was rather disappointed with the purchase of Norton. It has SO MANY ADD ONS. Jeeezus......... it is OK as long as I CAREFULLY pick what to let it have running, but at first Norton was a goddam popup nightmare. 

2 minutes ago, Schnoz said:

That's definitely a Windows 11 issue. You should upgrade back to Windows 10, and you should be fine.

So windows 11 huh? It's been out like forever figured they fixed it

4 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Seconded. Windows defender, plus the occasional malware scan from something like Malwarebytes (free), is basically all you need in addition to good Internet safety practices, and maybe an adblocker.

While this does sound like a software problem, I wouldn't rule out hardware issues. Power delivery/stability, a vram problem, these things will need tracking down if you exhaust the software troubleshooting that you can do.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

12 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Sounds like a driver issue or a windows issue. I would just reinstall windows 11 from a fresh install, or go back to windows 10 Windows 11 is only useful for your system if you use HDR.. Back up the important stuff and start anew. Since those issues started after you upgraded from how you phrased it.

Other then that its going to be a few different things, i doubt its the GPU failing since its not that old. Did you mine Crypto on it at all?

No, I don't mine crypto. Bought the gpu brand new direct from the manufacturer. And I don't even game that much eitehr

6 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Seconded. Windows defender, plus the occasional malware scan from something like Malwarebytes (free), is basically all you need in addition to good Internet safety practices, and maybe an adblocker.

While this does sound like a software problem, I wouldn't rule out hardware issues. Power delivery/stability, a vram problem, these things will need tracking down if you exhaust the software troubleshooting that you can do.

I just had a previous antivirus and let it expire and then one day noticed that I really had not checked for viruses in quite a long time. I found a very good deal on Norton, so I switched to that. 

However after seeing Norton, I disabled about 80% of what it "can" do because it was creating processes and stuff and giving me popups and I legit feel like asking NOrton WHY I AM THE ONE THAT PAYS THEM, they should be paying me for all the Shit that they pop up on me

11 minutes ago, Schnoz said:

Haha, nope! Every Windows 11 system I've seen has been...just... how the hell do they make it this bad?!

I see...... 

I HATE the right click options! like WTF WHY do that to the perfectly goood right click and I found a workaround for it but it still Sux

23 minutes ago, 486DX Win3.1 said:

Display Output is either Black or Monitor says "no signal" on About half of the Games I try to Run. It's not immediate. Most games load to the title menu then crash to black screen when you start them up.

I thought my GPU was going Bad, but Some Benchmarks run flawlessly for an hour. MSI Kombustor and Artifact Scanner runs fine at high frame rates with 0 Artifacting. GPU stress tests- just fine on PassMark Free Trial. PassMark Benchmark shows no problems with the GPU same for MSI Kombustor.

I upgraded to Windows 11 from Win 10. After I did that, some games either load and then turn to a Black Screen With Audio or Black Screen Without Audio, OR ELSE they load and go all the way through the Menu Screen and then Fail when actually Starting the Application (as in pressing "play now" from the game title page)

Some games just won't "go," like Borderlands Wonderland, Fallout 76, and Mass Effect.
But I played a really intensive demanding session of TABS (totally accurate battle simulator) without a single glitch.

Unigen Superposition Benchmark Crashes and Gives the Black Screen of Death. PassMark Benchmark runs Great!

THINGS I TRIED:

Reinstalled Nvidia Drivers/GeForce Experience
NV CleanInstall
Direct X Troubleshooting Tool
Direct X Reinstall
Bios Update to the Latest Bios for my MB
Deleted Game Temp settings in the File Trees
Visual C++ reinstall 2015-2022
Downgraded my CPU Overclock for more stability
Set GPU to factory settings in MSI Afterburner
Disabled MS Defender
Disabled Norton Antivirus/Malware
Verified Game Files Install using Steam

This is crazy

i7 8086K
Aorus Z370
GSkill RAM 32GB
RTX 3080

A Guy Said that it Could be that Windows 11 is craving a TPM module for the TPM header and when signing on to games that load onto a network - Windows 11 PUKES me out of it because of TPM

21 minutes ago, Schnoz said:

Could it be TPM header?

53 minutes ago, Schnoz said:

Haha, nope! Every Windows 11 system I've seen has been...just... how the hell do they make it this bad?!

Me using Windows 11 Pro at home and Enterprise at work just fine for over a year:

Monkey looking away template [HD] | Monkey Puppet | Meme template, Blank  memes, Monkey puppet

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580