Computer won't start, and I have error codes on the LED debugger

Cocoj2001
Go to solution Solved by bmx6454,

trying re-seating the ram sticks, and trying with just one stick at a time(trying both individually).

Hello,

I have the following configuration:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650M MORTAR WIFI

RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 2x16GB 5600 MHz

SSD: WD_BLACK SN850X 1TB

GPU: ASRock Radeon RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming

Cooling: NZXT Kraken 240mm

Power Supply: DeepCool 850W PM850D

Here is my problem: My computer suddenly shut down. I restarted it, but after more than a minute, there was still no display. I then checked if there was an error code on my motherboard. I noticed that the LED for RAM and CPU was lit (see photo 1).

r/computer - My computer won't start, and I have error codes on the LED debugger

In the documentation, it indicates (see photo 2) that one of the components has a problem. Initially, I performed a Clear CMOS and then restarted. After that, still no display, but only the error code for RAM. To be sure, I restarted again, and this time the CPU + RAM code is back.

r/computer - My computer won't start, and I have error codes on the LED debugger

This is where I am currently. I don't know what else to test at the moment before starting RMA for the RAM, CPU, or motherboard. Of course, the BIOS is up to date, as is Windows.

trying re-seating the ram sticks, and trying with just one stick at a time(trying both individually).

Remove your CPU cooler, reseat your CPU and try without the CPU cooler mounted.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

The most common cause for this same error in the past for me has been faulty ram. Try booting with just a single stick of ram installed at a time. That will let you know if one of the sticks are bad, if neither post, if possible try a completely separate kit for ram. If you still aren't getting a post after that, then motherboard would be the next most likely. A failing CPU is less likely than either MB or Ram which is why I always have people test them first.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

-= Cleaned =-

If you are unwilling to provide helpful commentary then please move on.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I will check after work to test, initially, the RAM, following the suggestion to install one memory module at a time in different slots.

14 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

The most common cause for this same error in the past for me has been faulty ram. Try booting with just a single stick of ram installed at a time. That will let you know if one of the sticks are bad, if neither post, if possible try a completely separate kit for ram. If you still aren't getting a post after that, then motherboard would be the next most likely. A failing CPU is less likely than either MB or Ram which is why I always have people test them first.

I will check after work to test, initially, the RAM, following the suggestion to install one memory module at a time in different slots.

Unplug cord from your PSU wait a bit then then try again.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Great news! After changing the position of each RAM module several times, ensuring that each one was functional beforehand, I managed to successfully start my PC with both modules. I reinstalled the latest BIOS update to be certain. I conducted some checks with HWinfo and CPUZ, but found nothing abnormal, and I regained the same performance as when I initially installed them. So, I want to thank you for your advice that helped me solve my problem!!!!

Image (2).jpg