can usb to sata converted board resused with other hdd after opening the external hdd?

external hdd gives clicking so will the board work with other hdds?

its a seagate 2 tb exhdd

If it actually has a SATA to USB board in it, yeah. Most 2.5" external hdds have disks with USBs straight on them nowadays.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

16 minutes ago, Levent said:

If it actually has a SATA to USB board in it, yeah. Most 2.5" external hdds have disks with USBs straight on them nowadays.

opened it its a seperate board and hdd is dead.

can the board fry a new hdd if it is failed too? eg it gives more voltage

Just now, 220VoltsallCore said:

opened it its a seperate board and hdd is dead.

can the board fry a new hdd if it is failed too? eg it gives more voltage

The HDD may have died by itself or the board may have killed most likely the former, as drives just die sometimes (back up your data) anyhow.

Now for your first question! The answer lies to the board itself some models the answer is yes it will work just fine, others the drive and the board are paired at the factory with an encryption key for "Security reasons". The only way to find out other than looking the model up and whatnot is trying it yourself.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

External and HDD is a fragile combo as HDDs are very sensitive to shocks while running. Probably the reason why your HDD failed.

You should consider replacing that HDD with an SSD (or even an USB Flash Drive ?) .

But that enclosure should still work.

Edited by leclod

I'm willing to swim against the current.

1 hour ago, Levent said:

Never heard of that. I'm not even sure I understand it. Can you post a picture ?

I'm willing to swim against the current.

Just now, leclod said:

Never heard of that. I'm not even sure I understand it. Can you post a picture ?

this has been the case for over a decade.

https://goughlui.com/2021/02/13/fail-teardown-wd-elements-se-4tb-2-5-usb-3-0-hard-drive-wdbjrt0040bbk-0a/

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

41 minutes ago, leclod said:

External and HDD is a fragile combo as HDDs are very sensitive to shocks while running. Probably the reason why your HDD failed.

You should consider replacing that HDD with an SSD (or even an USB Flash Drive ?) .

But that enclosure should still work.

yes, it may died due to shocks. died in 4 years

got a 1 tb ssd

1 hour ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

The HDD may have died by itself or the board may have killed most likely the former, as drives just die sometimes (back up your data) anyhow.

Now for your first question! The answer lies to the board itself some models the answer is yes it will work just fine, others the drive and the board are paired at the factory with an encryption key for "Security reasons". The only way to find out other than looking the model up and whatnot is trying it yourself.

will try on some old drives of my friends then