Building CRM/Workshop management app. Where to start?

Mehcanic

Hey guys.

I hope everyone is excited for tonight's WAN Show.

I decided to ask this question here as stack overflow is a bad place to be. I want to build small crm/workshop management software using TS, node, express, postgresql, react (maybe), etc. My main concern is about backend. I know how CRUD REST api's work. Also I tried websocket server for markdown app. I'm not sure how the backend should work. Should it just be simple CRUD api with a lot of endpoints for each type of operation? I'm kind of lost at the moment and would really appreciate some pointers what should I learn/study/read about to avoid waste of time.

Thans all, Lukasz

I work in a company that has developed its own CRM solution. The thing is MASSIVE and its scope is strictly aimed at software development. What you are trying to do is not an easy task. I hope you did your analysis well.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I know, right 😅

Right now I'm focused on schema. It will be build using Typescript as it's the only thing I know well. If it will start growing then I'll see. But potential of time waste is something that holds me back.

• 2 weeks later...

You should start with writing every functionality/page down and doing some wireframes of the whole web app. Then you can think about technologies to be used. It can have a SPA frontend + REST endpoints but it's not mandatory and can be more vanilla, especially when simpler.

The thing is making a somewhat usable MVP for an app of this type will take months, and that's assuming you know all the tech and soft skills to design and implement it. Even more to make it production-ready... unless it's something super simple and not a typical CRM.