Will there ever be a LTX event in the us?

Grant M

I'm a teenager so it's rather hard to travel. Especially to Canada. I was wondering if there will ever be a Lan event in for say north Carolina or around that. Definitely will be attending in the future though (If its still a thing).

Sorry if i misinterpret or say something rude, i'm on the spectrum and have a hard time with anything social. I do my best to make sure i don't but sometimes i just cant tell.

SYSTEM SPECS

ASUS ROG STRIX B450F-II Gaming

AMD Ryzen 7 5700g

8GB Trident Z Neo RAM - 3200 MHZ

2 TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe SSD + other ssd drives totaling to 2 tb

Seagate 750W PSU Platinum Rated

Gigabyte RTX 3060 Gaming OC 12G rev 2.0

VERY FIRST COMPUTER SPECS

Broadcom BCM2711, Quad core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.8GHz

2GB LPDDR4-3200

2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11ac wireless, Bluetooth 5.0, BLE
Gigabit Ethernet

yeah it was basically a raspberry pi 4 model b 2gb. I do have a 4gb now cause the 2 gb one shorted out. Still love absolutely everything about that tiny computer as its the reasons i like computers so much now and the reason i know so much about computers and how to use them.

"If debugging is the process of removing software bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in." - Edsger Dijkstra

I didn't wanna haul my PC internationally for the WHALE LAN at LTX last year, and now I fear there will never be any in-person events for non-Canadians anymore (unless you can deal with hauling your PC on a plane and back, maybe). LTX wasn't perfect, but at least it was something 😔

LTX was like 20 miles from the US border and I had absolutely no issue getting my mid tower PC across the border

On 1/5/2024 at 2:30 PM, Grant M said:

I'm a teenager so it's rather hard to travel. Especially to Canada. I was wondering if there will ever be a Lan event in for say north Carolina or around that. Definitely will be attending in the future though (If its still a thing).

i hear ya i live in virginia and im also a teenager and my parents dont let me travel without theem

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!

15 hours ago, Jordaneer said:

LTX was like 20 miles from the US border and I had absolutely no issue getting my mid tower PC across the border

ahh, I forgot that every American lives on the US-Canadian border, my bad

On 1/9/2024 at 7:22 AM, djksm said:

i hear ya i live in virginia and im also a teenager and my parents dont let me travel without theem

it really does suck. Really not much you can do about it. They have their own schedules and stuff they need to do. Not really much room for anything else. And the factor of having to travel.

Sorry if i misinterpret or say something rude, i'm on the spectrum and have a hard time with anything social. I do my best to make sure i don't but sometimes i just cant tell.

SYSTEM SPECS

ASUS ROG STRIX B450F-II Gaming

AMD Ryzen 7 5700g

8GB Trident Z Neo RAM - 3200 MHZ

2 TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe SSD + other ssd drives totaling to 2 tb

Seagate 750W PSU Platinum Rated

Gigabyte RTX 3060 Gaming OC 12G rev 2.0

VERY FIRST COMPUTER SPECS

Broadcom BCM2711, Quad core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.8GHz

2GB LPDDR4-3200

2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11ac wireless, Bluetooth 5.0, BLE
Gigabit Ethernet

yeah it was basically a raspberry pi 4 model b 2gb. I do have a 4gb now cause the 2 gb one shorted out. Still love absolutely everything about that tiny computer as its the reasons i like computers so much now and the reason i know so much about computers and how to use them.

"If debugging is the process of removing software bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in." - Edsger Dijkstra

On 1/9/2024 at 11:37 PM, BeefSupreme said:

ahh, I forgot that every American lives on the US-Canadian border, my bad

As a European: Boo-hoo. I would have to entrust my PC to TSA, you could drive to BC if you are on the West Coast (okay yeah, it is a two-day drive from San Diego, but that is just how it do be sometimes). Sounds like a fun roadtrip you have friends coming along, you could even do it in one dash if you were to swap drivers and go through the night. Petrol might be something to consider, but planes are not free either (and you are less likely to have a random crying baby right behind your seat)

On 1/9/2024 at 1:22 PM, djksm said:

That is a different story though, I will admit. Would be neat to have LTX West, East and maybe Europe? That seems very unlikely though

Trans Rights!
Please tag me or use the "reply" function so I get a notification

I will find your Laptop thread and I will recommend an ITX build instead

Sure would be neat if there was something useful here, eh?

On 1/9/2024 at 7:22 AM, djksm said:

convince them to drive to BC.

Road trips are a great experience. 

Maybe plan a route with some spots a long the way you are interested in visiting. 

Or plan a big trip with a group of friends for when you can drive as a graduation reward or whatever.

"I can't do this :("  or "I will find a way to make this possible, even if I have to wait, save, or work for it"

Where's that guy who wanted LTX to be held in "a city between south Georgia or north Florida" at? He'd probably have something to chime in here.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

On 1/5/2024 at 11:30 AM, Grant M said:

Linus and the LMG team probably aren't keen on handling potential shooting incidents, haha! Linus made it clear that he wouldn't consider moving it too far from his province in Canada, so I'd suggest waiting until you're old enough to travel solo, without any parental involvement. Generally, it's unlikely that the LMG business and team would contemplate relocating a significant amount of tech and infrastructure to the USA, given the complexities involved, including border checks, extensive paperwork, transport fees, and the like!

🔧 Project: DIVINITY 🔧

[Parts List Updated]

⚙️ Currently on a mission: Full-time 12-hour shifts ⚙️

🕒 Patience is a virtue! Your response is in the works. 🕒

20 hours ago, ToboRobot said:

convince them to drive to BC.

Road trips are a great experience. 

Maybe plan a route with some spots a long the way you are interested in visiting. 

Or plan a big trip with a group of friends for when you can drive as a graduation reward or whatever.

"I can't do this :("  or "I will find a way to make this possible, even if I have to wait, save, or work for it"

my family drove from las vegas to page, arizona and then to las vegas and then back to page, and then we went to las vegas for our flight in november

10 hours ago, djksm said:

my family drove from las vegas to page, arizona and then to las vegas and then back to page, and then we went to las vegas for our flight in november

Well, I don't see what the major problem is. You inquired about LTX hosting in the US, and the straightforward answer is a big fat NO. If your family is up for the travel, start stashing some cash for a plane ticket and everything else needed, and head over to BC. You'll find the plane ride isn't as bad as it might seem.

🔧 Project: DIVINITY 🔧

[Parts List Updated]

⚙️ Currently on a mission: Full-time 12-hour shifts ⚙️

🕒 Patience is a virtue! Your response is in the works. 🕒

21 hours ago, ReidOnly said:

Well, I don't see what the major problem is. You inquired about LTX hosting in the US, and the straightforward answer is a big fat NO. If your family is up for the travel, start stashing some cash for a plane ticket and everything else needed, and head over to BC. You'll find the plane ride isn't as bad as it might seem.

i litterally never inquired about ltx hosting in the us your pulling this out of thin air