Toyota Corolla 1979 KE30 - Build log *for some to enjoy*

PBaines

Cheers lads, will get a few more photo's shortly. Am coming to a completion of the project, and am very much looking forward to starting on the next! Then it will be time to uncover the old watercooled desk and remaster that. If only money grey and trees and time was endless

Cheers lads, will get a few more photo's shortly. Am coming to a completion of the project, and am very much looking forward to starting on the next! Then it will be time to uncover the old watercooled desk and remaster that. If only money grey and trees and time was endless

Oooh, hehehe. *remasters evil laugh* oh yes.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

• 1 month later...

So it's been quite busy for me in the past few months. And they were not exactly trouble free months either!

Firstly an overcharging alternator at the 'Hanmer Meet' which blew all my relays and destroyed my little tacho circuitry. Resulting in an unexpected weeks stay in CHCH (which turned out to be awesome, expensive... but awesome)

But now we have her up and running sweet. Just need a new diff head because my one has a slightly bent pinion but that's not a biggie.

She drives like a dream and has a big power increase over the ol' 4K

109.jpg

110.jpg

111.jpg

112.jpg

113.jpg

114.jpg

115.jpg

116.jpg

117.jpg

118.jpg

Awesome people should post more stuff like this.

im actually gonna do one about completely rewiring a custom 1980's ford pinto now that i have seen this thread. though mine will probably take the rest of the year and half of next year since im working on it in school. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Nice work^^ 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Wow, that is one beautiful car. Great work!

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Chur! Looks awesome bro!

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

• 2 years later...

Pretty sweet build, i noticed you took out windscreens, just curious as to how you got them back in? Did you reuse the seals? If not where did you get them? Right now i am working on sanding everything down to metal but not sure where to get seals for windscreens when it comes time for reassembly. Hopefully someone has some info that could help me. Thanks in advance