I Scammed Myself on eBay - $300 Mystery Crate

AlexTheGreatish

Looking to get a deal on eBay, Linus purchased an assorted box of high end components. It didn't go well.

Buy an Intel Core i9-13900K CPU: https://geni.us/ZApWp

Buy an ASRock Z790 Taichi Lite Motherboard: https://lmg.gg/F4H6p

Buy an NZXT H6 Flow Dual-Chamber Mid-Tower Case: https://lmg.gg/kCDuu

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

Fun fact, those rezerators like in the video are quite popular for people who have a small lasercutter that needs to be watercooled.

Since they are a all in 1 solution, they are easy to use and quick to install [if they are clean]

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

Instead of making these I bought a bag of trash videos why not make an genuine budget water cooling video? $350 should be enough for a none janky setup.

Btw. If somebody wonders what the price tag on the custom copper GPU RAM-cooler would be? approx. $200 (Canadian company would probably quote somewhere closer to USD 500). [CAD work, printed prototype and milled copper deliverable).

People never go out of business.

"It's not the worst deal we've gotten on old tech crap lately."

*cut to buying the guy's store*

Stay classy, Linus.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

I am still kind of disappointed why we steered off from the external cooling solutions. I give that they weren't "elegant" solutions and there was certain problems with them and back then liquid cooling itself was exotic already. But considering todays power requirements and cooling needs, I would say stuff like Zalman Reserator and Alphacool Eiswand could actually make a comeback, especially if the cooling requirements keep getting crazier and people notice the 4-slot GPU is just idiotic and you could just as well use one PCIe IO cutout to get tubes out and so remove the space restrictions from the cooler (thou that would need a company to use actually good quick connectors and not the cheapest designs they can find, as it seems to be the PC company goal these days when it comes to connectors).

External liquid cooling should be a thing again. 

All the radiators internally in the case actually is kind of stupid if you do water cooling.

1 hour ago, Spindel said:

All the radiators internally in the case actually is kind of stupid if you do water cooling.

Especially stupid considering option for longer runs and dumping heat outside of the room.

Although Thermaltake have something a little like that - Core P200 which is a pedestal designed for mounting radiators, pumps and PSU.