Just a question I've been meaning to ask

Legendario1973

Are mars gaming psus reliable because I think they're not and im thinking to upgrade to a MSI MPG A850G PCIE5 850W and I want to know if I'm just worrying about nothing and might sped 150 euros on something thats unnecessary

4 minutes ago, Legendario1973 said:

Are mars gaming psus reliable because I think they're not and im thinking to upgrade to a MSI MPG A850G PCIE5 850W and I want to know if I'm just worrying about nothing and might sped 150 euros on something thats unnecessary

Very little information about the Mars Gaming PSU's.  Thats a red flag in my opinion!  The MSI MPG A850G PCIE however is a very solid PSU with 10 year warranty.

I see 2 units from MarsGaming with 10 year warranty so thats at least something ( Both Silver, not Gold 80 Rated.. This is efficiency and not a sign of reliability but you know.. Why aren't they Gold? ), but I would go with something that is known and tested.

I'd never heard of this brand until recently. They aren't on any tier list, and the only review I can find of any of their units is a single one on YouTube of a 550W model from a couple years ago. 

I must say that while it could be coincidence, the name "Mars Gaming" is close enough to Aresgame (which are known as absolute dogshit) to give me pause. 

Edit: misunderstood the part about 150 Euros

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

If you understand spanish there may be some reviews in spanish if not I could send some links to similar psus to the one iv'e got

For me... I don't think it is worth the risk... 

I mean, if the PSU shits the bed, they may honour the warranty, they may not, who knows. But what if it kills your motherboard or GPU? You would be very much out of pocket for something. Where you can spend the money on a known good model from a well-known brand and rest easy that you have what is at least a decently supported GPU. 

For me, I'm running highly respected EVGA PSUs that are getting a little old now (5 years or so) and feel confident that they will last at least a few more years if not significantly longer. (That's not to say EVGA is the only good brand) But when you have a component that can literally shit the bed and kill your other much more expensive parts I personally feel it is the last place you should be looking for cost savings 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Mars Gaming is trash. 10 year warranty on a PSU that does not have a full range input is rare. 708w @12v on a 750w Silver rated PSU seems like a group regulated unit.

If you're in Spain: https://es.pcpartpicker.com/product/phVmP6/thermaltake-toughpower-gf3-tt-premium-850-w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ps-tpd-0850fnfagu-4 is as good as the MSI A-G PCI-e5.0 for a lower price.

2 hours ago, Legendario1973 said:

Id the Nzxt reliable?

Yes, it's great.

2 hours ago, Legendario1973 said:

I don't really know what atx 3.0 is actually for

For the latest and upcoming GPUs. ATX3.0 can handle powerspikes a lot better and the requirements for protections increased also.

I know the rmx series is good it's just that I don't think my case can have the rmx she series which is the one with atx 3.0 and pcie5 

59 minutes ago, Legendario1973 said:

That's the 2021 model with maglev fan. Far from the best quality and pretty loud. Better get the RM850x Shift I recommanded earlier or the GF3 or NZXT C850 Gold V2.

And I don't know if the rmx shift series works with my case since it's got the sideways connectors (msi mag forge m100r)

1 hour ago, Legendario1973 said:

And I don't know if the rmx shift series works with my case since it's got the sideways connectors (msi mag forge m100r)

No, the case has to be at least 210mm wide.

1 hour ago, Legendario1973 said:

I don't know the difference between the 2

Of the NZXT C850 Gold? The V1 is made by Seasonic with the known Seasonic shortcomings. The V2 is made by CWT and is better on any aspect.

I bout my m100r on the same web refurbished and It was to my CSI level inspection new