Just a question I've been meaning to ask

Legendario1973

I don't know which psu to pick becuase I don't know if my case can have the rmx shift series or not and i've looked into it and I would like to have pcie5 and atx 3.0 the shift series has all of this but their weird sideways thing makes me question

My budget is around 200€ now and I think that's enough to get a pretty good PSU here in Spain and probably in the rest of the world 

• 3 weeks later...

I have questions about the hx1000i/1500i since it isn't directly a 12vhpwr cable it's 2 pcie 8 pin slots

Dont skimp on your psu, it just brings headaches and CC bills with it when it pops. @GOTSpectrum post above is real world truth and a great post. Youre two most important parts are the PSU, cause EVERYTHING lives behind it and runs from it and your mobo, which controls ALL those things your psu is powering. They are vital to your build.

When you go to pick a psu take into consideration where you live, where the company is HQed, what their warranty is like and whether they actually honor them or do they pull the Gigabyte and Asus kinda crap. Brand reputation matters, like Corsair for example. Theyve been around a long time and have been making psu's for probably 20 years almost at this point and even their lowest end units arent that bad. They also hired Jonnyguru to work for them too, and he def knows a thing or two about psu's and electronics.😉 Theyre HQed in California and have a very good warranty track record over all these years. All those little details count and sometimes its the reason you pay ten bucks more, or whatever it is, for their units than the other guys.

Ive never encountered one of MSI's psu's in a build so cant recommend anything about them and from what ive read about Mars psu, dont ignore your gut. 🤔  Those Mars units are poorly made, cant get certified in the us, no voltage protection on the 5v rails which is really disturbing since usb usually use that and they are a always on connection that can be accidentally reversed. So id say stay away from them!

I know the hx1500i is a lot of watts for a rtx 3060 but I want to use this psu for a very long time for my current build and future ones so... I know it's excessive but it's currently at 280€ and hx1000i is 228 so 

Because my ethernet sometimes randomly stops working but my phone which is conected to the same wifi does

3 hours ago, Legendario1973 said:

I have questions about the hx1000i/1500i since it isn't directly a 12vhpwr cable it's 2 pcie 8 pin slots

The PSU side of the cables don't matter, and it's not PCIe ports on the PSU. So by that logic, the PSU also doesn't have a 24 pin motherboard cable, 8 pin CPU power cable or PCIe cables either. The 12VHPWR cable is just as native as on any other PSU with a 12VHPWR cable. 

:)

Is there a problem on getting that many watts for my system