How would you spend $1000 as a store?

The store I work at was nominated for Store of the Year in Customer Service, and even though we didn't win the grand prize, the nomination still netted us $1000 for our social fund. The social fund acts basically as a holding pool that we draw from for quarterly Appreciation Days, our summer and winter events, along with small holidays like Easter or Halloween.

What activity/event/adventure would you plan with $1000 in a group of ~30?

We're more looking to spend the money on an activity, outting, or event rather than a physical object.

We've done activities like skating, bowling, restaurants, and of course a yearly outdoor summer event before; and definitely will take suggestions on ways to improve those with the money. But on the other hand I'm looking for some more... elaborate ideas to just plain have a good time. The only rules to the suggestions would be that there are people of all ages from 14 to 60 at our store, so no skydiving or rave parties. :( Let's get creative! I'll start:

Rent a limo, get dressed up, take a walk on the Nanaimo waterfront, fancy restaurant, limo drops everyone off.

EDIT: we know each other well enough that we "youngin's" have our own bonfires regardless of age, but as a whole group all ages included, things can be kept appropriate and still feel like we're enjoying a neighborhood backyard BBQ as old friends.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

what type of store first of? would somthing techy work well?

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

what type of store first of? would somthing techy work well?

We sell everything from computers to office supplies to business cards, so it could vary, but as I have edited my above post, it's more an experience we're looking for rather than buying an object. What did you have in mind?

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

I'd probably host a large paintball game. Excellent for team building, but not everyone enjoys it.

Between 30 people though, you can't do as much -- that's still only $30 / person.

Depends on the general likes/dislikes of the people, maybe give them a few choices and see which ones are the most well received.

a camping weekend?

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

Also, you said they're aged 14-60 - but how well does the crowd know each other? Are you co-workers or friends?
Camping weekend might be good if you know each other really well, but if you just work together maybe your best bet is really something simple. How big is your store? Maybe hold a celebratory evening with free food/drinks and get a bar and set up tables/tabs and just have a good chilled time?

a kickass bowling and beers night for sure. 

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

Another vote for Airsoft or paintball, great team building exercise and its fun! 

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Also, you said they're aged 14-60 - but how well does the crowd know each other? Are you co-workers or friends?

Camping weekend might be good if you know each other really well, but if you just work together maybe your best bet is really something simple. How big is your store? Maybe hold a celebratory evening with free food/drinks and get a bar and set up tables/tabs and just have a good chilled time?

Editing the post to reflect this, but yes, we know each other well enough that we "youngin's" have our own bonfires regardless of age, but as a whole group all ages included, things can be kept appropriate and still feel like we're enjoying a neighborhood backyard BBQ as old friends.

For those suggesting camping, I personally love the idea, and know many others who would as well, but as we're only closed 2 days of the year, it wouldn't be easy. Perhaps on a Saturday night so there's ample time to open Sunday might work; I'll throw the idea around.

Wait a month go to newegg hq. Get a new haswell 4770k, mobo, and psu. Integrate the rest of my current sys

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

we did a white water rafting excursion once. it was a beginner river so it was exciting for both young and old. 

paintball is always awesome for me and the people I hang with but I'm not so sure it would be universally as fun. 

skydiving was another thing but we had to kick in some money of our own to do it. 

we did a white water rafting excursion once. it was a beginner river so it was exciting for both young and old. 

paintball is always awesome for me and the people I hang with but I'm not so sure it would be universally as fun. 

skydiving was another thing but we had to kick in some money of our own to do it. 

Not that it would ever happen at our store, but I am curious as to how much Skydiving costs for a small group?

Wait a month go to newegg hq. Get a new haswell 4770k, mobo, and psu. Integrate the rest of my current sys

Considering I'm selfish and don't have 30 friends that get along... Thats what I would do with 1k

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

oh dear lord.... that was almost 10 years ago. now I am depressed. but it was $150-180 each for 1 solo drop with 4-5 hour "crash" course. I think for us we only had to kick in $80 then again this was a year or 2 after they had a fatality at that skydive center. 

just looked at a few websites. its not about $250+

Considering I'm selfish and don't have 30 friends that get along... Thats what I would do with 1k

Well, I'd do the same, but of course I'd spend it at NCIX instead on one of their warehouse sales.

oh dear lord.... that was almost 10 years ago. now I am depressed. but it was $150-180 each for 1 solo drop with 4-5 hour "crash" course. I think for us we only had to kick in $80 then again this was a year or 2 after they had a fatality at that skydive center. 

just looked at a few websites. its not about $250+

Hmmm.... Interesting. I thought it would be much more than that, but I guess as a crash course that's pretty darn good.