2Gb or 4Gb for 1440p?

mapexlegend

Ive seen some other posts from you where you said the same thing, is everything that you dont know about a marketing ploy? Good luck to you if you have a 2gb card trying to play games which will come out, in 1440p 

Performance does not go down when Vram buffer is filled up. It's a simple concept you see.

Antec 100, Msi 870 G45, Asus Xonar DGX, Creative Inspire T10 2.0, Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D, 4gb Corsair ram, Gigabyte HD 7850, AMD Phenom II x4 B55 @ 3.6Ghz, Cooler Master Hyper 212+, 500GB WD Caviar Black, Cooler Master RX 460, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw

Performance does not go down when Vram buffer is filled up. It's a simple concept you see.

What you are saying is that when that 2gb is full, that performance wont go down? You mean when the card has to send data to write to the HDD/RAM because the video card buffer is full? 

Sorry to break it to you but if that happens the game will be unplayable.

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Not all the time but it can...

What you are saying is that when that 2gb is full, that performance wont go down? You mean when the card has to send data to write to the HDD/RAM because the video card buffer is full? 

Sorry to break it to you but if that happens the game will be unplayable.

Funny cause I max out BF3 on 1GB 7850 no problem and it play's smooth as a babies ass.

"In Battlefield 3 at 1,920 x 1,080, the MSI HD 7850 1GB was actually able to outperform the 2GB version thanks to its factory overclock, albeit by a single frame per second on the minimum frame rate. This suggests that the 2GB's extra 1GB of GDDR5 is all but useless at this resolution."

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2012/11/05/msi-radeon-hd-7850-1gb-review/10

Antec 100, Msi 870 G45, Asus Xonar DGX, Creative Inspire T10 2.0, Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D, 4gb Corsair ram, Gigabyte HD 7850, AMD Phenom II x4 B55 @ 3.6Ghz, Cooler Master Hyper 212+, 500GB WD Caviar Black, Cooler Master RX 460, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw

Not all the time but it can...

Not in the games I play I have never ran into a problem when the Vram buffer fills up.

Funny cause I max out BF3 on 1GB 7850 no problem and it play's smooth as a babies ass.

"In Battlefield 3 at 1,920 x 1,080, the MSI HD 7850 1GB was actually able to outperform the 2GB version thanks to its factory overclock, albeit by a single frame per second on the minimum frame rate. This suggests that the 2GB's extra 1GB of GDDR5 is all but useless at this resolution."

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2012/11/05/msi-radeon-hd-7850-1gb-review/10

Just google what happens when vram is full, 1 and 2gb is still fine for 1080p ( depends on the game ) And i mean when theres not enough Vram, not just reaching its limit

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Just google what happens when vram is full, 1 and 2gb is still fine for 1080p ( depends on the game ) And i mean when theres not enough Vram, not just reaching its limit

Don't need to google as I have shown you proof from reliable sources and I have my exsperience where you just have expressed your opinion.

Not in the games I play I have never ran into a problem when the Vram buffer fills up.

Once it fills up it comes down to whether the ram is quick enough or not, if the card has more VRAM it doesn't have to be as quick because the information it needs is there. When i try to run Crysis 3 maxxed at 1440P with 8X MSAA it wont even run, the game just crashes yet at 4X i get very playable FPS, i'm almost certain its the 2 gig of VRAM on my 670 SLI setup that's the problem. That's my understanding of it anyway from what i researched, i could be wrong though. 

Once it fills up it comes down to whether the ram is quick enough or not, if the card has more VRAM it doesn't have to be as quick because the information it needs is there. When i try to run Crysis 3 maxxed at 1440P with 8X MSAA it wont even run, the game just crashes yet at 4X i get very playable FPS, i'm almost certain its the 2 gig of VRAM on my 670 SLI setup that's the problem. That's my understanding of it anyway from what i researched, i could be wrong though. 

I don't know because I have not tested it myself but at Ultra HD+ resolution the story could be different than @ 1200P and under. I also think that imo you would have been better off with HD 7950 for Ultra HD+.

Don't need to google as I have shown you proof from reliable sources and I have my exsperience where you just have expressed your opinion.

xJwPg0s.jpg

ignorance coming from your posts is too damn high

ignorance coming from your posts is too damn high

LOL from the one who does not provid any sources to his claims but a troll picture and his opinion.

I don't know because I have not tested it myself but at Ultra HD+ resolution the story could be different than @ 1200P and under. I also think that imo you would have been better off with HD 7950 for Ultra HD+.

I will believe tabuburn and Lukiose much more than you as they have 92 and 69 marks and you have only 15. I am starting to think that there is reason for that.

Sorry if my English is not perfect, but it isn't my native language :)

LOL from the one who does not provid any sources to his claims but a troll picture and his opinion.

Its okay, i guess even Linus is wrong and you are right, because he said it too, but hey what does he know 

The 2gb card does not have enough memory to display that high resolution. Stick with the 4gb 670.

The 2gb card does not have enough memory to display that high resolution. Stick with the 4gb 670.

Cite links from reputable sources to back up your claims please.

Its okay, i guess even Linus is wrong and you are right, because he said it too, but hey what does he know 

What Linus knows...check G.Freeman forum and youtube channel...(a lot of irony if not obvious)

Sorry if my English is not perfect, but it isn't my native language :)

BF3 MAXED 4XAA on my old 5850 would put the 35fps & ram usage at 1012MB used, the game would run fine, however hitch or stutter at random...but hardly noticeable.

Turning AA to 2xAA and leaving everything else alone it used the same just a tad over 1000MB, less noticeable hitching of the FPS.

0xAA 990MB Vram used and Perfectly fluid FPS, no hitching or stutters.

While being "on the or "at the" limit of your VRAM can produce almost no bad effect on your gaming, but when it swaps out textures there can be hitching as well (however due to happening in only certain games its not conclusive)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

At 1080P it runs fine with 8X MSAA, i imagine it would be fine at 1200P as well... as far as a 7950 goes, when i got my cards AMD didn't have their drivers worked out very well and the 680 was still beating a 7970 back then on 90% of games, not only that Crysis 3 is the first game this has happened to me on.

He said it yes just like allot of people but he did not prove it just like allot of people. Perhaps something we could ask Linus to prove with tangible real time benckmarking in games in the future.

He said it yes just like allot of people but he did not prove it just like allot of people. Perhaps something we could ask Linus to prove with tangible real time benckmarking in games in the future.

For him to say that, do you think he just thought of it? Or that he has experienced it? I think he has seen it happen

At 1080P it runs fine with 8X MSAA, i imagine it would be fine at 1200P as well... as far as a 7950 goes, when i got my cards AMD didn't have their drivers worked out very well and the 680 was still beating a 7970 back then on 90% of games, not only that Crysis 3 is the first game this has happened to me on.

The only time the GTX 680 beat the 7970 is when nobody had access to them except for the deveopers that nvidia payed off to review them with a pair of rossey glasses included because of silicon shortage so I smell BS marketing again on nvidias end.

For him to say that, do you think he just thought of it? Or that he has experienced it? I think he has seen it happen

To what degree ? 1fps ? LOL we need some proof with hard parmeters set to really see and prove withou a shadow of a doubt that Vram at any given resolution is the difference between playable, smooth or degenrated framerates.

Depends on the games you plan on running but for higher than 1080P gaming egt as much ram as possible. Yes GPU performance matters but fi you run out of GPU ram it does not matter how fast your GPU is it will tank.

I will believe tabuburn and Lukiose much more than you as they have 92 and 69 marks and you have only 15. I am starting to think that there is reason for that.

Perhaps it has to do with the fact I havent been here a week and they have been here much longer LOL.