Anyone heard of Teucer? A Chinese fan brand

Filingo

Hello,

Has anyone heard of Teucer from AliExpress or had experience with their fans?

I wonder if I should even give it a try or just skip it. I know that sometimes there are decent surprises from China (i.e. high quality items)

ty

Looks like some unifan clones.

Any reason you want em specifically?

Keep in mind they are quite low end fans so don't use em for an aio or something

20 hours ago, jaslion said:

Looks like some unifan clones.

Any reason you want em specifically?

Keep in mind they are quite low end fans so don't use em for an aio or something

thank you. there is not specific reason, it was just on the front page of AliExpress and for me it looked like one of those higher end fans like Noctua so I thought maybe it might be close in performance?

Just like my Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 turned up being one of the best air coolers for its price, better than coolers double in price, and I bought it for like $35? something like that, can't remember already xD

1 hour ago, Filingo said:

thank you. there is not specific reason, it was just on the front page of AliExpress and for me it looked like one of those higher end fans like Noctua so I thought maybe it might be close in performance?

Just like my Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 turned up being one of the best air coolers for its price, better than coolers double in price, and I bought it for like $35? something like that, can't remember already xD

Yeah but thermalright has been in the game for a loooong time and is usually well reviewed.

Teucer quite literally only has clones and seems to be quite new (arctic p series clones and generic fans) so I doubt they are any better than other generic rgb fans

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Teucer quite literally only has clones and seems to be quite new (arctic p series clones and generic fans) so I doubt they are any better than other generic rgb fans

If you are able to buy from Amazon at reasonable price, Arctic P12 5 pack and Thermalright TL-C12C 3 pack are safer to go with as cheap fans. 

It's possible Teucer may have some decent fans, but also keep in mind AliExpress may have fake sellers that imitate another manufacturer with similar store names so it's difficult to distinguish what is good or bad. I haven't bought any Teucer fans, but I have kept an eye on it for a over year now and even check Amazons cheap fans. I spotted some fans on Amazon that looked identical to a variation of the 1800 RPM Teucer fan, but had a different brand. The Amazon reviews said the fans have rubber corner pads and were quiet, but did not move air well so not recommended for radiators or heat sinks.

I do have some Teucer fans in my cart to check prices, but I decide against it at the time even though the price looked good during 11/11 sale. These fans would have been the +2100 RPM that looked like Noctua or Gentle Typhoons with the visible brass like looking disc in the center and notches on the fan blade. I figure maybe the higher RPM could compensate for lack of air movement if the price was right and if I didn't care about the noise level if things didn't work out as I had hope.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

The Antec Storm 5-pack is also a decent deal. I'm boycotting my employer, Amazon, for violating many labor and safety laws, so I can just recommend looking elsewhere. 😉

You're more likely to end up with counterfeit products on AE if you search for famous brands. If you want to experiment, that's your choice, but also keep in mind that they share data with the DRC and the CCP.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂