HP Victus 4060 laptop question!

Go to solution Solved by Birblover12,

It's kinda hard to say without actually hearing it, but generally a little bit of fan "whine" is normal. To what extent the pitch goes varies from laptop to laptop. I found this video which isn't your exact laptop model but is pretty similar, and the fans sound to me normal. Is it similar to what you're hearing?

If the fans sound basically anything other then the video above, then I'd probably go to wherever you bought it from and exchange it for a new one. If the new one is bad too, then it may be that perhaps it is a normal thing, though I'd let other people chime in as well.

Hello everyone, i just joined so let me know if i ask this wrong but i just got this laptop, great deal for a 75W 4060 mobile gpu laptop.
Unfortunately the fans have a high pitch that's really annoying, even on low speeds, do you think i should replace it right away or is there something i can do (like tighten the screws on a fan or something) if anyone had experience with this problem before. 

Thank you in advance!
https://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Victus-15-6-FHD-144Hz-Gaming-Laptop-Intel-i5-12500H-RTX-4060-16GB-DDR4-512GB-SSD-Win-11/2879058590?athbdg=L1800&from=/search
The model is 15-fa1xxx

It's kinda hard to say without actually hearing it, but generally a little bit of fan "whine" is normal. To what extent the pitch goes varies from laptop to laptop. I found this video which isn't your exact laptop model but is pretty similar, and the fans sound to me normal. Is it similar to what you're hearing?

If the fans sound basically anything other then the video above, then I'd probably go to wherever you bought it from and exchange it for a new one. If the new one is bad too, then it may be that perhaps it is a normal thing, though I'd let other people chime in as well.

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

Do the fans always go full speed and whine a lot? If so, either something is wrong with it, you're really good at loading the utter crap out of it, or if you've only just started using it and it's been less than 24 hours, it could be running an absurd amount of updates. Often updates will cause the fans to go full blast, particularly the HP software updates. It will definitely go full blast on CMOS/BIOS updates, and other major firmware updates, but that's outside the normal Windows environment. I hope your first steps with your new laptop were to 'decrapify' it (uninstall all the bundled extraneous software and free trials), then run updates on Windows and all software you keep before installing your own software choices.

Thank you for the responses everyone, i really thought the laptop was at a good price so i didn't give up and opened it and sure enough it was one of the two fans installed, luckily i had another HP victus laptop laying around so i opened them both matched the serial numbers and measurements for the fans and swapped them! it runs 10C lower at max now and no thermal throttle, thank you! that whine was more of a whistle not like the video so it was for sure a hardware issue and one fan was doing it and the other wasn't.