Want to make a diy 3d printer

Go to solution Solved by Needfuldoer,

For the budget, I think you'll have a hard time beating an Ender 3. $200 USD gets you an "Ender 3 V3 SE" with auto bed leveling and (allegedly) 250mm/s print speed. 

I have an older Ender 3 Pro without those features. It's been a slow but reliable bed-slinger, but I just picked up a K1 on sale to replace it. (Haven't tried it yet though.)

Toward the higher end of your budget, they have the "Ender 3 V3 KE", which is faster with support for Klipper.

If this is your first foray into 3D printing, you really want a machine that's as close to turn-key as possible. Diving right into building your own printer from scratch (or even Voron plans) is like going straight for the high dive.

For the budget, I think you'll have a hard time beating an Ender 3. $200 USD gets you an "Ender 3 V3 SE" with auto bed leveling and (allegedly) 250mm/s print speed. 

I have an older Ender 3 Pro without those features. It's been a slow but reliable bed-slinger, but I just picked up a K1 on sale to replace it. (Haven't tried it yet though.)

Toward the higher end of your budget, they have the "Ender 3 V3 KE", which is faster with support for Klipper.

If this is your first foray into 3D printing, you really want a machine that's as close to turn-key as possible. Diving right into building your own printer from scratch (or even Voron plans) is like going straight for the high dive.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

DIY printers are for 3D printer enthusiasts that want either unbeatable performance, speed, or want to go BIG.

The lack of details in your post leads me to believe you are just starting. Stick to a prebuilt; this isn't like the PC market, where building one yourself will be cheaper.

Also, you would be missing out on something really important: a community of people around your same model all working and sharing knowledge on how to make it work as best as it can.

Qoute my reply if you want me to answer back. 

Konnichiwa. It's not likely that you'll be able to build a full fledged 3d printer for 300 bucks all alone.

If by DIY you mean "printers that need to be assembled", just grab Prusa-kinematics printers (Elegoo Neptune 3/4, Ender 3 (Only those that got a direct extruder, Aquillas, etc.). They're pretty easy and cheap to maintain, and most of them have a giant community.

Main features, that you should look for is: A direct extruder (motor on the head itself, not on the frame, so no E3, E3 Pro, E3V2, etc with bowden extruder), an auto-leveling feature (it won't save you from not manually setting your bed to level, but i'll help with small inconsistencies).

If it's possible in your area, just grab and Ender 3S1, buy a bimetal heat brake off amazon/aliexpress and replace the stock one. You'll be pretty much ready to go.

If ain't workin', break it and then call the tech support

11 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

Thanks

11 hours ago, Yua said:

DIY printers are for 3D printer enthusiasts that want either unbeatable performance, speed, or want to go BIG.

The lack of details in your post leads me to believe you are just starting. Stick to a prebuilt; this isn't like the PC market, where building one yourself will be cheaper.

Also, you would be missing out on something really important: a community of people around your same model all working and sharing knowledge on how to make it work as best as it can.

Thanks

11 hours ago, Sipuha said:

Konnichiwa. It's not likely that you'll be able to build a full fledged 3d printer for 300 bucks all alone.

If by DIY you mean "printers that need to be assembled", just grab Prusa-kinematics printers (Elegoo Neptune 3/4, Ender 3 (Only those that got a direct extruder, Aquillas, etc.). They're pretty easy and cheap to maintain, and most of them have a giant community.

Main features, that you should look for is: A direct extruder (motor on the head itself, not on the frame, so no E3, E3 Pro, E3V2, etc with bowden extruder), an auto-leveling feature (it won't save you from not manually setting your bed to level, but i'll help with small inconsistencies).

If it's possible in your area, just grab and Ender 3S1, buy a bimetal heat brake off amazon/aliexpress and replace the stock one. You'll be pretty much ready to go.

Konnichiwa. Thanks