Broadwell release date by Xmas, or Q1 2015

ViruZ_HUN

Hi!

UPDATE!

Found some fresh meat leaks about Broadwell release date. I found 2 new articles about it, i dont know what is true.

Sources: 

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-intel-ceo-promises-broadwell-185312069.html

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/388783/delayed-intel-broadwell-chips-will-be-in-pcs-by-christmas

Better information:

specs

screen_shot_2014-04-24_at_4.33.17_pm.png
Broadwell will be available in time for Christmas 2014, promises Intel CEO

Intel's ongoing quest to prove there is life in Moore's Law continues, as the firm gears up to introduce its next generation processor, Broadwell.

What is Broadwell?

This is the codename for Intel’s fifth generation Core processor series.

Broadwell marks a “tick” in Intel’s development cycle. This means it shares the same microarchitecture as its predecessor (Haswell) with performance and efficiency improvements provided by the reduced chip size.

Intel CEO confirms 2014 release date
"I can guarantee for holiday, and not at the last second of holiday," Krzanich toldReuters at the Maker Faire in San Mateo, California.

This contradicts previously unconfirmed reports from the supply-chain which suggested Broadwell would not be ready to ship until 2015.

Broadwell chips will be 14nm in size, a significant reduction from the 22nm Haswell processors.

Release date

Broadwell chips were orginally expected to be made available at the beginning of 2014.

“This is it folks. 14nm is here, it’s working and we’ll be shipping by the end of this year,” Brian Krzanich, CEO at Intel, said at IDF in September 2013.

However, scaling from the existing 22nm chips to smaller 14nm size proved to be more difficult than Intel anticipated.  

Krzanich warned of a “small blip in the schedule” in October, resulting in a three-month delay. However, in January the CEO told investors that yields improved significantly in Q4 and Broadwell production was on track for Q1 2014.

What type of chips can we expect?

Broadwell chips will be found in everything from tablets and 2-in-1s to Ultrabooks, desktops and high-performance workstations.

screen_shot_2014-04-24_at_3.02.49_pm.png

High performance - The ‘H’ series part will be designed for high performance systems and available in one or two chip configurations with a power draw of 47 Watts.

Quad-core variants are expected to support up to 32GB of DDR3L RAM.

8 and 10-core chipsets are set to be made available for enthusiast and workstation machines. Leaked slides suggest Intel is working on a mammoth 18-core processor that supports DDR4 RAM. This is expected to be released no earlier than 2015.

Low power - The "U" and "Y" system-on-chips (SoCs) are expected to come in dual and quad-core varieties and will be found in everyday devices, such as tablets and Ultrabooks. Power draw will range from 3.5 Watts for the tablet specific processors to 28 Watts for Ultrabook chips.

What benefits will Broadwell bring?

Intel claims Broadwell will provide a 30 per cent power reduction over the previous generation chip, while providing the same level of performance.

The low power consumption will also deliver a boost to the battery life of devices, although Intel has not provided any figures yet. Bearing in mind Apple’s MacBook Air laptops are able to provide up to 12 hours of battery life, Broadwell could see the uptime of Mac OS devices rise up towards the 15-hour mark.

Windows laptops are also expected to get a boost. Existing Windows 8 devices average between 6-to-8 hours on a single charge and they could finally crack the 10-hour barrier with Broadwell.

Broadwell chips can be plugged into existing sockets on motherboards. This specifically includes the LGA1150 sockets fordesktop motherboards and the mobile Socket G3.

Read more:http://www.itpro.co.uk/mobile/22111/intel-broadwell-release-date-specs#ixzz32LvwDRml

(Prepare your anus for new sata express)

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

If you really want to build a PC, just buy a CPU now, there are no proof that these articles are true and I would just wait for Intel to announce them officially, so don't wait, they might come out at the end of next year and waiting is just not worth it.

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

I wouldn't expect unlocked Broadwell CPUs until Q2/3 2015, honestly.

Maybe not, reportedly the unlocked HWR is coming only half a month after the locked ones.

You probably won't see any performance bumps from the new CPUs, and DDR4 (if it is going to be released with Broadwell) won't give much of a performance gain in everyday tasks due to the increased CAS timings.

Skylake is expected 2015. So no, Broadwell comes latest as Q1 2015

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

But why shoud i care, lol, I will buy haswell-e anyways.

Or "want" to buy:D DOGE!

Broadwell by back-to-school time? But...I'm IN school right now. :P

I know it probably won't be released by then, but I just felt like being silly.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

Well, Broadwell being availiable by christmas prolly just means you can buy ultrabooks with Broadwells in them... I suspect Q1/Q2 2015 for actual real z97 desktop CPUs.

Edit: spelling

I wouldn't expect unlocked Broadwell CPUs until Q2/3 2015, honestly.

Skylake isn't delayed. It's released Computext 2015 which is pretty much between Q2 and Q3.

this broadwell release date is becoming like GTA 5 PC release date.

Yeah, but at least the consoles are never getting it.

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

Yeah, but at least the consoles are never getting it.

i think they might, with PC release.

Updated info:D

(plz let this be on the WAN show)

doge

it will be released this year , whether we will get more than review samples with on shelf 2015 that remains to be seen

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85