GOG is considering an Early-Access section similar to Steam.

Rafy

It's against that backdrop that I raised the topic with Marcin Iwinski, co-founder of CD Projekt, the company that established and owns popular retro-game download shop GOG. He's considering Early Access, he said, but there are a couple of things GOG would have to change first.

"We're obviously looking at it," he begun. "As you know our concept is different; first of all it's DRM-free and second it's curated. I'm often very lost in a lot of stores - apps being my example today. Or even Steam. I don't know what's happening; there's hundreds of releases a month, and I really believe - and our community's clearly showing that - there is a place for a platform which is choosing the stuff.

"We would definitely consider it," he said, "but again it would be the GOG way. It would have to be curated and, we believe - we are always saying this very openly - we are responsible in front of the gamer for what they're buying on GOG."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-05-15-gog-on-early-access-definitely-not-every-game-should-be-permitted

NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO

did I say no?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Don't worry, GoG.com listens to the community feedback. If it turns out to be bad they reverse their decision.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Why not? GoG has better quality control, so stuff like what happened with Towns or mass flooding of sub par games won't happen.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Why not? GoG has better quality control, so stuff like what happened with Towns or mass flooding of sub par games won't happen.

There is no way to know if a dev is going to pull out. 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Good Old Games.

Emphasis on old.

The minimum requirement for being on GOG should be completion. (No more patches needed)

Please don't make GOG a cesspool of mediocrity like Steam.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

As much as I love the end result sometimes, Indie devs are becoming so fucking spoiled and entitled: "We want funding!" *successful kickstart* "We want special treatment on steaaam!" *successful greenlight program" "We're dipshits and already spend the money, we want MORE money! With even less strings attached and criticism!" *Early Access* "You still said mean things to me I'm canceling the game and quitting the internet forever No refunds I'm an artist I deserve this!"

Seriously where does it fucking end? When do we stop being suckers and keep funding this stupid fucking hipsters? You're ruining Steam opening the door to actual scams that rob people out of money and now you want to ruin Gog.com too? No! Have some fucking backbone accept at least SOME responsibility and finish your fucking games already.

-------

Current Rig

-------

There is no way to know if a dev is going to pull out. 

I agree with this. Yeah, GoG would probably do a better job checking out the games before making them available for sale, but there's too much unpredictability as to if the indie devs fall apart.

Money speaks louder than you guys.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan