My steam account got hacked ;.;

Samuroot1987

a few days ago my steam account got hacked, sent a ticket to steam support, and havent heard a thing. what should I do?

Buy all the planes! Im also bad at quoting!

Do you really mean hacked or the 'I left my computer logged into steam and someone else used it' hacked?

LOL, and to think people have access to SteamGuard for free in the frigging Steam application.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Do you really mean hacked or the 'I left my computer logged into steam and someone else used it' hacked?

I was on it, got logged out suddenly and had my contact E-mail changed to "youhack. 1@yandex.RU"

LOL, and to think people have access to SteamGuard for free in the frigging Steam application.

steam guard was on.

steam guard was on.

Someone close to you then.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Contact Steam and wait. If you contacted them on a friday they wont answer over the weekend.

I sent the ticket on the 15th. A thursday

Wait. Takes upto and over a week. DOn't fret about it. They will get it back really easy.  Your email was most likely taken advantage of. That completely bypasses every guard you have. Make sure every account associated with your steam has the strongest password. Never save passwords. Never tell them to anyone.  An account doesn't randomly just get "hacked".  99.9999% it's the owners fault.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Wait. Takes upto and over a week. DOn't fret about it

Ok, thank you.

Ok, thank you.

Edited my post. Make sure you do all that. Look in your email deleted section for sus emails and you'll probs find something about your steam account.  Happened to my hotmail.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Just hope that nobody used any cheats on it. If they get you VAC banned Steam wont unban it lol.

Usually takes a week to respond. There is a 7 day restriction on new devices logged in on trading so hopefully they can reply before the 7 days to avoid getting your items traded away.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Just hope that nobody used any cheats on it. If they get you VAC banned Steam wont unban it lol.

so if my account got hacked and the hacker used hacks steam won't unban my account?!?! that's kinda silly if you can prove it was banned during the time you didn't have access to your steam account :P

so if my account got hacked and the hacker used hacks steam won't unban my account?!?! that's kinda silly if you can prove it was banned during the time you didn't have access to your steam account :P

That's because you account never gets "hacked" without it being your fault in some way. You can't prove that it wasn't you hacking, so they won't unban your account, the burden of proof is on you, not Valve.The STEAM subscriber agreement clearly says account security is your responsibility, and STEAM is not liable for anything that happens on it. The only way your account can be "hacked" with STEAM Guard enabled is if you fell for the phishing scam that requires you to upload a file from your computer that provides the security certificate to the hacker. Or you downloaded malicious software via or torrent or an illegal website that was also able to obtain your e-mail log-in.

Either way, the only way someone can access your STEAM account is if you some how provided them the information by doing something wrong. A real "hack" would mean that someone forcibly by-passed Valve's encryption, in which case every STEAM account in the world would be compromised. 

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

That's because you account never gets "hacked" without it being your fault in some way. You can't prove that it wasn't you hacking, so they won't unban your account, the burden of proof is on you, not Valve.The STEAM subscriber agreement clearly says account security is your responsibility, and STEAM is not liable for anything that happens on it. The only way your account can be "hacked" with STEAM Guard enabled is if you fell for the phishing scam that requires you to upload a file from your computer that provides the security certificate to the hacker. Or you downloaded malicious software via or torrent or an illegal website that was also able to obtain your e-mail log-in.

Either way, the only way someone can access your STEAM account is if you some how provided them the information by doing something wrong. A real "hack" would mean that someone forcibly by-passed Valve's encryption, in which case every STEAM account in the world would be compromised. 

well it does make sense when you put it like that... 

this is one of the reason i only have steam on if i'm doing something with it, but still hope you get it back soon, is just a thing of wait now :/

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

this is one of the reason i only have steam on if i'm doing something with it, but still hope you get it back soon, is just a thing of wait now :/

Having STEAM running or not makes zero difference.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

Battle.Net has better Customer Service than Steam, Sadly.. I lost my Diablo 3 account after a year of not playing then they got it back for me in just 30 minutes intact with all my items and skills.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

Steam will reply in a week in you're lucky....... Expect closer to a month, if at all.

Last time I contacted support, it took two weeks for any kind of response.

If steam guard was on they had to have done some crazy key generator thingy or hacked into your email. 

Before you get your password back its a good idea to run some virus scans and remove anything suspicious.  Someone could have put a Keylogger in a Torrent or something or a Remote Access Tool into a Torrent or virus and you dont want those on your computer. 

I also recommend setting up 2 step verification on your email, change your email password.  

Sending an Email to Steam Support and waiting is about all the legal things you could do.  

Update:  they sent a E-mail to me today, and I got it back. the guy put some of my things on the comunity market, but they removed them

Update:  they sent a E-mail to me today, and I got it back. the guy put some of my things on the comunity market, but they removed them

That's good news. I'm starting to see more and more accounts getting hacked purely to sell things on the market.

IdeaCentre K450 Review - My favorite (pre-built) gaming desktop under $1000.

Gaming PC Under $500 = Gaming on a budget.