Would you buy a new electric razor/bodygroomer if it dropped on a very disgusting floor?

paulyron

So my floors are very dirty.  I do sweep occasionally but haven't cleaned or mopped it in some time.  I use a broom to sweep and the broom is very disgusting because I used it everywhere you can imagine... from the kitchen floor to the bathroom floor... and even the toilet.  The reason for this is because I saw a big cockroach and attacked it and then it was on the broom so I had to put it in the toilet and flush the toilet.  I did this several times.  Then after flushing it, I would then put the broom back in the kitchen.  Note my toilet is extremely disgusting as well.  It used to be very clean but then after it got dirty... imagine poop that you didn't clean fully and then you can't even remove it anymore after a while.  I tried vinegar and baking soda and even pine sol and it didn't seem to do anything.  Now imagine you dropped your electric razor/bodygroomer in a public bathroom and it fell on the floor where there is some poop remnants there.  Would almost all of you buy a new electric razor/bodygroomer and forget about just replacing the rotary head or the foil?  That answer is much different if it's in your own place right but there might been poop remnants on the floor where it touchedd?

Now a while back, while I was done shaving with my electric razor... I brought it to the kitchen and then dropped the rotary head part of the electric shaver.  I then went to clean it by wiping it with a clorox wipe and also cleaning it with dial soap and bounty towel.  So imagine pouring some dial soap on it and having water on bounty and wiping the rotary head.  Then just blasting the shower head water at the rotary head.  Note when I am doing this, I am only holding the rotary head and not have it attached to the electric razor.  Well after a while I then thought this is disgusting and eventually bought a new electric razor.  Now I could have just bought new rotary head replacement which would cost less than half of a new electric razor... but because I put the rotary head back into the electric razor... I thought now the electric razor is very dirty.  So even if I buy a new rotary head replacement which most people do after a year or so if they don't buy a new electric razor... well when you put the new rotary head into the electric razor it will still touch the top part of the electric razor so I would be having it touch my mouth when I use it.  So because of that, I bought a new electric razor.  Not the thing is I did have a case for it and when I put the old electric razor back in the case... well the rotary head is covered by that cover/protector.  Even though that is the case, I still didn't want to use the old case anymore.  Now is that going a bit extreme?

The other thing that happened was I was using a bodygroomer.  I have purchased this several times as either it broke it or it has issues.  Well the foil part of it fell on my dirty mop.  I have the dirty mop in my bathroom.  When this happened, I don't think I had an extra foil head with me and because of that, I remember getting some lysol wipes to disinfect it.  Then after doing that, I remember pouring some dial soap on it and spraying the shower head water at it as well.  After that I continued to use it.  However, the thought came to my mind it's not hygenic to use it anymore because it fell on a very dirty mop even though I disinfected it with lysol wipes.  This dirty mop has been all over my apartment and even my nasty toilet as well.  Now I read if you drop an electronic shaver and things like that in the toilet or dirty floor, you can use soap and water to disinfect it or hydrogen peroxide or boiling water.  However, would anyone here be bothered by this?  The thing is I wished when I dropped the foiling part of the bodygroom on the dirty mop in the bathroom, I wished I would have just thrown it away.  I do not remember exactly if I had an extra bodygroom foil with me at the moment though.  The thing is it's hard to purchase items where I'm located so when that happened, I thought okay just going to use lysol wipes.  My issue now is I haven't used the bodygroom in a while and am considering buying a new one... but also buying a new case.  The thing is I thought even if I buy a new bodygroom ... the same one... I can't use the same case because where the foil part of the bodygroom goes... well it would be touching the exact area where my current foil touched.  Right now at the moment... my bodygroom is still in the case.  So I had I just thrown out the foil that fell on the dirty mop and just replaced the foil with another one... then it wouldn't bother me at all.  But it is bothering me a lot where I haven't used it in a long time and thinking of just buying a new one and also a new case.  Now is this completely extreme when it comes to germaphobe or not?  When this happened to the foil with the bodygroom dropping on the wet mop, I just used lysol wipes on it and some dial soap and didn't think that much about it.  I remember continuing to use the same bodygroom with the same foil for a long time.  It still hasn't broken yet so that is why I continued to use it.  But I haven't used it in a long time because now I keep thinking about it dropping on a dirty mop and using it in my private area.  I also am OCD as you can probably tell from my post.  Are there people here that would buy a new bodygroom and case and electric razor and case in same situation?  Now I know I can replace the foil head and that is cheaper but I don't feel comfortable using the same case.  Now I also heard there are germs in worst places that you can imagine but is this too far?  

28 minutes ago, paulyron said:

I also am OCD as you can probably tell from my post.  Are there people here that would buy a new bodygroom and case and electric razor and case in same situation?  Now I know I can replace the foil head and that is cheaper but I don't feel comfortable using the same case.  Now I also heard there are germs in worst places that you can imagine but is this too far?  

I'd say you're obsessed with cleanliness or extreme germaphobe, but then again you're fine with -your own word- disgusting floors, brooms, mops, whatever.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

I didn't read the entire wall. But if you are fine with dirty floors, you should be fine with dirty razor. 

If you want it clean, clean with alcohol or similar. Professional hairdressers use the same tools on all clients and are fine just with alcohol cleaning.

And clean your apartment instead of writing these long threads....

AMD 9 7900 + Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

Seasonic Focus Plus 550W Platinum

W11 Pro

If you think about all the fungal spores and bacterial clouds being released into the air from your dirty floor and assorted 'cleaning' implements, I'd say the razor is the least of your concerns. Clean up your mess and then buy a new razor & ball shaver.

@paulyron I'm going to try to be delicate, but... you need help. I mean that sincerely.

First, your living conditions should scare the hell out of you. Why are you living with disgusting dirty floors that have poop on them? Why is your toilet filled with poop remains?

The FIRST thing you need to do, is clean your apartment from top to bottom, thoroughly. I'm talking a deep clean, elbow grease, and lots of scrubbing.

For your broom, you can wash a broom (I'm assuming it's a regular modern broom with black synthetic bristles). Get a bucket, fill it up with hot soapy water (or use floor cleaner like Pine Sol), and soak the broom in the water. Then, using a scrub brush, clean the bristles. Let it dry.

Also, clean your mop and sanitize it. If it's too far gone, throw the mop head out and get a new one from the grocery store.

Then sweep and mop your entire house, every room, and especially the bathroom. You might need to spot clean some parts of the floor with a scrub brush or a sponge.

After that, clean your toilet, man. Use toilet bowl cleaner if you can buy it. If that still leaves some remains, you might need to go above and beyond with a scrub brush and harsher cleaners. Make sure to wear appropriate PPE depending on the cleaner you're using.

The fact that you're so obsessed with the cleanliness of your razor that you've literally repurchased the thing multiple times, yet you won't clean up your apartment? Man. This is a cycle that you'll never get out of this way.

Lastly, you need therapy. If you're already in therapy, talk to them about the state of your home, the cleanliness of it, and the obsessive thoughts about the razor. They should be able to help you cope and actually deal with the issue, rather than just tossing out a perfectly good device and buying a new one.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

12 minutes ago, BrandonLatzig said:

Step 1. Call in a hazmat unit
Step 2. Get a new razor

Step 3. Get a new apartment.

You need a therapist... 

PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION...

EVGA X299 Dark, i7-9800X, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 SLI