i am completely new to mining. i have some questions

hi everyone!

so, i just downloaded nicehash on my pc. it's a pretty decent machine with 16GB of RAM, a 3050 and an intel 12th gen i5 12400F. it's making 30 cents a day! meanwhile i see people building mining rigs with GPUs and CPUs that are way worse than mine making way more than that. what am I missing?

and also... i wanted to build a proper mining rig with an NVIDIA Tesla. is that viable? what should I know before getting into that? thanks in advance for all advice!

What are you paying for power?

because 30cents a day for running a 3050 in almost any country is a NEGATIVE profit.

Also the 3050 is mining limited to prevent too many sales to miners.

Btw gpu mining is dead once more it's not profitable at all unless you have free power and hope your gpu doesn't die for a year or 2 to make the money for it back.

GPU mining makes no sense. If you get a 3080ti for example, it would take you more than 3 years to ROI just on the card alone. This is much worse for shittier cards too. Dont waste your time or your money.

11 minutes ago, milflover69 said:

proper mining rig with an NVIDIA Tesla

There approximately 40 Nvidia Tesla devices ranging from 2007 to 2023.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Your 2 years late, back then you should make $3-5 a day.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

32 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Your 2 years late, back then you should make $3-5 a day.

but people on yt are making 8 bucks an hour... damn 😞

43 minutes ago, Levent said:

GPU mining makes no sense. If you get a 3080ti for example, it would take you more than 3 years to ROI just on the card alone. This is much worse for shittier cards too. Dont waste your time or your money.

There approximately 40 Nvidia Tesla devices ranging from 2007 to 2023.

i found one with 32 GBs of vram for 200 bucks on ebay

11 minutes ago, milflover69 said:

but people on yt are making 8 bucks an hour... damn 😞

Those are called scammers, they're lying and showing fake numbers.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 hour ago, Lurick said:

Those are called scammers, they're lying and showing fake numbers.

This. Those people are likely trying to artificially inflate their otherwise worthless coin so they can finally get out and let someone else keep holding the bag.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply