Best HDMI 2.1 cables?

OverC1ockeD

Using LG CX, getting constant intermittent signal drop. It’ll flicker like go black then come back in and flash instant game response. Want to do rgb 4:4:4 with 4k@120hz without issues. Already tried monster cobalt blue and monoprice ultra hdmi certified, both 2.1 hdmi cables rated 48gbps. Suggestions? Need something you’ve already used in the same setup no issues (obviously not identical tv, just similar).

this for a normal size cable:

https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Support-Dynamic-Compatible-Nintendo/dp/B07Y825VFH/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2ZYMGIDQY2OB&keywords=hdmi%2B2.1%2Bugreen&qid=1700021528&sprefix=hdmi%2B2.1%2Bugreen%2Caps%2C306&sr=8-3&th=1

If you need a long cable just get any cheap Fiber Optic HDMI available, those work great so long as you buy them from a place you can trust and return if you had issues.

I've had excellent experience with the Zeskit Maya cables. I've pretty much replaced every HDMI cable that I need full 2.1 bandwidth with these. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08TQTYCYS/

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

Anything from a reputable brand (Cable Matters, Infinite Cables, many others) that's Ultra High Speed rated. 

Look for this. 

image.jpeg.b9f8da8b8c591f91a1541e5cdb61bf71.jpeg

4 hours ago, Jon-Slow said:

https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Support-Dynamic-Compatible-Nintendo/dp/B07Y825VFH/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2ZYMGIDQY2OB&keywords=hdmi%2B2.1%2Bugreen&qid=1700021528&sprefix=hdmi%2B2.1%2Bugreen%2Caps%2C306&sr=8-3&th=1

If you need a long cable just get any cheap Fiber Optic HDMI available, those work great so long as you buy them from a place you can trust and return if you had issues.

Really just need 10’. Would you consider that too long?

I'm using the Zeskit Maya, which was one of the first certified "Ultra High Speed" HDMI 2.1 cables and it's been working great on my C2.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

9 hours ago, tdkid said:

from my limited knowledge. all cables are the same, the "this cable is better than that one" is just marketing to get you to by their cables. HDMI Cables · AudioQuest

To be clear, not all HDMI cables are the same, but quality cables on the same version (eg hdmi 2.1) are all about the same.

I've had good luck with Zeskit Maya as many have said.

3 hours ago, da na said:

To be clear, not all HDMI cables are the same, but quality cables on the same version (eg hdmi 2.1) are all about the same.

I've had good luck with Zeskit Maya as many have said.

i said with my limited knowledge.  but if you look at places selling the cables i linked, the dragon 48/eARC cables are over $2500 each. 

On 11/15/2023 at 2:01 AM, tdkid said:

from my limited knowledge. all cables are the same, the "this cable is better than that one" is just marketing to get you to by their cables. HDMI Cables · AudioQuest

I actually have someone swearing up and down that these cables are the best. I don't know if it's a trick or not, but with the setup, it almost sounded clearer, with better bass / lows when he switched from your basic $20 HDMI 2.1 cable to the Audio quest version. Claiming that they put more on the eARC pins.... Would love to see Linus test more of these high-priced cables. 

Did you purchase the AudioQuest ones? did you notice anything if you did. 

The reason I ask, My Soundbar (Samsung Q800) seems to be causing my TV to short and turn off. As long as I don't have the soundbar plugged into the eARC port on my Samsung TV, the TV works just fine. He is blaming my Cable, which is a Startech HDMI 2.1 Certified. 6ft 2m Certified HDMI 2.1 Cable - 8K/4K - HDMI® Cables & HDMI Adapters | StarTech.com Canada

The TV is brand new this year. Soundbar is about 1.5 - 2 years old. IT will be fine for a bit, but when i start a movie with Dolby Atmos and turn it up, the TV will click and turn off. Soundbar stays on. I can watch the same move just fine without the soundbar. 

3 hours ago, sgtDiggle said:

I actually have someone swearing up and down that these cables are the best. I don't know if it's a trick or not, but with the setup, it almost sounded clearer, with better bass / lows when he switched from your basic $20 HDMI 2.1 cable to the Audio quest version. Claiming that they put more on the eARC pins.... Would love to see Linus test more of these high-priced cables. 

Did you purchase the AudioQuest ones? did you notice anything if you did. 

The reason I ask, My Soundbar (Samsung Q800) seems to be causing my TV to short and turn off. As long as I don't have the soundbar plugged into the eARC port on my Samsung TV, the TV works just fine. He is blaming my Cable, which is a Startech HDMI 2.1 Certified. 6ft 2m Certified HDMI 2.1 Cable - 8K/4K - HDMI® Cables & HDMI Adapters | StarTech.com Canada

The TV is brand new this year. Soundbar is about 1.5 - 2 years old. IT will be fine for a bit, but when i start a movie with Dolby Atmos and turn it up, the TV will click and turn off. Soundbar stays on. I can watch the same move just fine without the soundbar. 

well the only way to know for sure is to put the TV in a sound booth and test it which most companies dont do they just claim to be better than the competition so you will buy their product. its basic marketing  but know i havent bought them. for the dragon 48 for example a 5ft cable cost $3000. AudioQuest Dragon 5' 4K-8K-10K 48Gbps HDMI Cable Black/Gray HDM48DRA150 - Best Buy

So far I am testing out highwings hdmi 2.1 48gbps cable and no issues thus far gaming in UHD with everything totally maxed out. The fails were mono price hdmi certified braided and monster blue cobalt non certified and both of those failed and had drops. Pretty happy so far, another cable or two coming in the mail so I will check out quality and report back. Highwings works but packaging doesn't feel ver premium but cable is the quality of monoprice as far as how it feels and bends but at least it seems to be working.

On 11/21/2023 at 5:09 PM, tdkid said:

well the only way to know for sure is to put the TV in a sound booth and test it which most companies dont do they just claim to be better than the competition so you will buy their product. its basic marketing  but know i havent bought them. for the dragon 48 for example a 5ft cable cost $3000. AudioQuest Dragon 5' 4K-8K-10K 48Gbps HDMI Cable Black/Gray HDM48DRA150 - Best Buy

AFAIK anything above cinnamon is just an absolute waste of money and even then it's way to expensive for what it is. If you're spending $3k on the cable you'd better have something like martin logan monolith speakers to justify it. Even then I just cannot see wasting that much money on a cable.

On 11/15/2023 at 12:13 PM, Jon-Slow said:

Fiber Optic HDMI cable ??!!.........didn't know there's such a thing !.........are they fragile ?............if the HDMI cable needs to be 6 meters long - do i need to go fiber optic ?🤔

4 minutes ago, worstalentscout said:

Fiber Optic HDMI cable ??!!.........didn't know there's such a thing !.........are they fragile ?............if the HDMI cable needs to be 6 meters long - do i need to go fiber optic ?🤔

Yes, it's a thing. The longest commonly suggested max effective length for HDMI 2.1 has been no longer than 5m. And because of the amount of data it transfers, it's important to make sure the cable is certified. Fiber Optic however is a much more capable wire and a Fiber Optic HDMI is a lot more powerful and can go much longer. It's up to you but for 6m I would still probably go for the Fiber Optic since it's still longer than 5m

It's not fragile. Just Fiber optic wire cannot be bent or put in a 90 degree situation. Just don't snap it in half and it will be fine, there is light travelling in it.

11 minutes ago, Jon-Slow said:

Yes, it's a thing. The longest commonly suggested max effective length for HDMI 2.1 has been no longer than 5m. And because of the amount of data it transfers, it's important to make sure the cable is certified. Fiber Optic however is a much more capable wire and a Fiber Optic HDMI is a lot more powerful and can go much longer. It's up to you but for 6m I would still probably go for the Fiber Optic since it's still longer than 5m

It's not fragile. Just Fiber optic wire cannot be bent or put in a 90 degree situation. Just don't snap it in half and it will be fine, there is light travelling in it.

many thanks for the info..........is the fiber optic cable stiff, due to the position of my PC, it might have to make 2 turns.........

what if i use a 6-meter long DisplayPort-to-HDMI cable instead ?

9 hours ago, worstalentscout said:

many thanks for the info..........is the fiber optic cable stiff, due to the position of my PC, it might have to make 2 turns.........

what if i use a 6-meter long DisplayPort-to-HDMI cable instead ?

I don't suggest using a Display port to HDMI 2.1, You could try if you already have one . But I'm not sure everything is going to work correctly there.

at 4k 120hz VRR full RGB

Fiber optic isn't stiff, it just looks like a regulara HDMI cable.

11 minutes ago, Jon-Slow said:

I don't suggest using a Display port to HDMI 2.1, You could try if you already have one . But I'm not sure everything is going to work correctly there.

at 4k 120hz VRR full RGB

Fiber optic isn't stiff, it just looks like a regulara HDMI cable.

i wish i could get 120hz and 4K.............my monitor is just 75hz.......and only FHD..........😁

53 minutes ago, worstalentscout said:

i wish i could get 120hz and 4K.............my monitor is just 75hz.......and only FHD..........😁

You don't need HDMI 2.1. 2.1 is for 4K 120hz. you just need any regular cheap cable, HDMI or display

23 hours ago, Jon-Slow said:

You don't need HDMI 2.1. 2.1 is for 4K 120hz. you just need any regular cheap cable, HDMI or display

thanks for the info.............great news for cheapskates like me..........😁