carrier locked phone

Hiyato

Hello, my current s22 ultra is carrier locked by Verizon wireless, and I was wondering if there was a free or cheap way of network unlocking it. From what I can gather from reading is that it requires software to unlock it since it doesn't ask for an unlock pin. All the sites I visited wanted over $200 usd. Thanks, any info or help will be appreciated!

3 minutes ago, Hiyato said:

Hello, my current s22 ultra is carrier locked by Verizon wireless, and I was wondering if there was a free or cheap way of network unlocking it. From what I can gather from reading is that it requires software to unlock it since it doesn't ask for an unlock pin. All the sites I visited wanted over $200 usd. Thanks, any info or help will be appreciated!

Did you ask Verizon? Because carriers will unlock devices generally. They might have special conditions but many do unlock devices. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

If your phone is fully paid for, you can ask Verizon to unlock it. I don't know about Verizon, but the last carrier I asked to unlock a phone, did it for free. Just call them.

If the phone is NOT fully paid for, they will more then likely refuse or ask you to pay the balance.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

The person who had the account in their name stopped paying on the bill and they won't let me unlocked it dlfrom them till the bill is paid in full

Just now, Hiyato said:

The person who had the account in their name stopped paying on the bill and they won't let me unlocked it dlfrom them till the bill is paid in full

then you need to pay the bill
period.

1 minute ago, Hiyato said:

Then pay the bill in full.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 minute ago, Hiyato said:

Sounds like a problem that the account holder needs to solve. 

The problems is that 

1)paying the bill is that doesn't include the remaining left on the phone so I would have to pay over $1000 usd all together. For them to even think about it

2) The person on the account cut ties with everyone so I have no way of even getting ahold of her.

I just want to use the phone without paying an arm n leg.

2 minutes ago, Hiyato said:

The problems is that 

1)paying the bill is that doesn't include the remaining left on the phone so I would have to pay over $1000 usd all together. For them to even think about it

2) The person on the account cut ties with everyone so I have no way of even getting ahold of her.

I just want to use the phone without paying an arm n leg.

Well the device is not yours, its Verizon's until its paid off. Why should you get something for nothing? Also Verizon likely has black listed the IMEI number which the same black list is used by like all carriers. So regardless of if you get it unlocked there is a possibility the new carrier will not activate the phone. 

1 hour ago, Hiyato said:

You have answered your own question.

That said there is nothing we (the forum community) can do to assist you is going around this issue. And from my interpretation of the conversation this topic will be locked for the following reason.

• Bypassing security features, restrictions, or filters (including parental filters, school restrictions, or workplace monitoring), including on your own device.

~ LTT Forum Community Standards

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER