nvidia 8**s card

Th3Brofessiona1

my birthday is in about and i was going to buy a gtx 780 ti with the money and i was wonder if that would be a good idea or if i should just wait for the new series

Main Rig: i7 4770k @ 4.2Ghz, sabertooth z87, Gtx 980, hx 750 ,16gb vengeance pro, 120gb kingston ssd, 3tb segate

The new series is delayed till early 2015 according to reports.

Just buy a card now, no sense waiting for crap that has no release date.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Wow, people seem to be opening a thread about this every week. 

You must understand that we don't know more than you do.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

you can always wait for next generation, its up to you to get 780ti since its already the its the best card in 7 series and it will still perform good for few years.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Ask yourself if you're willing to wait another 90 days in case of 800 release, if not buy a 780Ti now from EVGA and if the 800 series comes in the next 3 months you can use their step up program to get one without losing money on your card.

Winning.

Wow, people seem to be opening a thread about this every week. 

You must understand that we don't know more than you do.

That requires common sense :P

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Buy a card now. The 800 series will just keep getting delayed to annoy the living shit out of us.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

The 780ti isn't going to turn shit just as the 800 series is released it is a monster of a card, just get it. 

So I spelt something wrong in my post... I don't care I don't read through what I write and I type very quickly.

Intel 3770k stock, MSI Z77A-GD65, MSI GTX 760, Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600Mhz 16Gb, Corsair RM 550W, Samsung 830 256Gb, some random hdds.

Waiting period for the next gen cards is currently sitting at waaaay too long.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

My birthday is in about 2 weeks and i was going to buy a gtx 780 ti with the money and i was wonder if that would be a good idea or if i should just wait for the new series.

^ Fixed the missed info.

WOW! You must get one heck of a birthday budget. :o

What country do you live in?

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

btw, does anyone know if nvidia will squeeze a 28 nm series in between the 20 nm releases? So we will have 800 series with 28 nm and 900 series will be first 20 nm? My GTX 580 is almost exploding and wants to be replaced. :D

who cares...

btw, does anyone know if nvidia will squeeze a 28 nm series in between the 20 nm releases? So we will have 800 series with 28 nm and 900 series will be first 20 nm? My GTX 580 is almost exploding and wants to be replaced. :D

not sure about those info but.

I say squeeze in more performance on  your 580 then just go nuts on what ever is the flagship of the 800 series.

Live your life like a dream.

NOONE KNOWS.............If you need a new card buy one.

NOONE KNOWS.............If you need a new card buy one.

ain't nobody got money fo dat. The current top tier cards are too expensive for the performance they deliver. I hope that 20 nm will be a bigger leap and overclock better.

not sure about those info but.

I say squeeze in more performance on  your 580 then just go nuts on what ever is the flagship of the 800 series.

It's already OCed to the max. :D I won't buy before 20 nm. I want a bigger performance leap. If we will see something similar like with the GTX 750 Ti, i will think about investing, but for now, the current cards are plain too weak for their money.

who cares...

That requires common sense :P

I feel the urge to quote.

"Common sense is not so common" -Voltaire

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

The only one sitting here with a GT 440. Drooling on the 7xx series let alone 8xx. :(

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

The new series is delayed till early 2015 according to reports.

I haven't herd anyone confirm that 

ain't nobody got money fo dat. The current top tier cards are too expensive for the performance they deliver. I hope that 20 nm will be a bigger leap and overclock better.

It's already OCed to the max. :D I won't buy before 20 nm. I want a bigger performance leap. If we will see something similar like with the GTX 750 Ti, i will think about investing, but for now, the current cards are plain too weak for their money.

They really arent. Maxwell isnt gonna be a huge leap. Yes its gonna be a difference but im betting we wont see huge increases until the 900 series when they make more improvements on the 20nm process.,

It's not confirmed its rumored type maxwell delayed into Google.

I guess they will release some 28nm Maxwell cards 

Here's a weird speculation I have. Since Nvidia is kinda getting weird about how they start to do shit, my best bets are to wait until about 15th June maximum and then get a 780Ti I'm, guessing that they might be releasing it on Maxwell's (The person's) birthday on 13th June. But its all just pure guessing so if it still isn't released, just get a 780Ti.

The only reason I'm waiting for the 8 series is because I've finally gotten enough money to build a $2000 gaming PC of my dreams, currently the system is going to use an I5 4670k and a 780 ti, but with the supposed leaked 880 specs it will have 4gb of vram , 3200 f'in cuda cores, thats almost 400 more than both the 780 ti and the titan black, and only supposed to be prices starting at $600!!! Thats $100 less than the 780 ti, and $400 less than the titan black, for a whole new more efficient gpu, and guaranteed compatibility with next years DX 12 games, and with the $100 less than the 780 ti I can bump my i5 up to an I7 and get a system thats $15-20 better for the exact same price if I just wait that little bit longer for the 8 series, just say'in.