I'm Finally a Proud Father - My Gaming Minivan is COMPLETE!

Shahrad

Thanks again to MSI for sponsoring this video and sending us their Stealth Series laptops to be used in this project! Check out their Stealth Series and more using the links below:

Check out the latest MSI Deals:

https://msi.page/3D59lj9

Check out more details for Stealth 14 Studio:

https://msi.page/3NNROke

Check out more details for Stealth 16 Studio:

https://msi.page/3NDLs76

After dreaming about it for YEARS I’ve finally finished the Ultimate Gaming Minivan.. and its better than I could have ever expected.

as a fellow CAD designer and solidworks user this irks me, did you really need that many centerlines alex LOL

image.thumb.png.79c36ab40917a82297f3b7aeea333f84.png

What are the model numbers for the charge controller/inverter and the battery's used? Unless I missed it that was never said in the video.

@RandomLegoBrick It's hard to tell, but I suspect most of them are automatically generated (Inventor user). What bothers me about this screenshot is that it used a rectangular pattern or mirror on a sketch. The better option would be to extrude it and then use the pattern/mirror on the 3D model/body.

At the end of the day, these parts are made in quantity 1 without documentation, and as long as it gets the job done, it's fine.

People never go out of business.

I actually built something very similar to this about 4 months ago but a much lower power version of it. 

I used an Aliexpress inverter which I connected to the cigarette lighter port in the trunk, nothing hooked up to the battery cost about $40 and advertised 300W which was way more than I needed. 2 Aliexpress 11.6" monitors for $45 each, an HDMI splitter and I hooked it all up to my Steam Deck which was neatly hidden away 

The experience was surprisingly good. It was mostly used to play Street Fighter 6

2 hours ago, Abc123RS said:

What are the model numbers for the charge controller/inverter and the battery's used? Unless I missed it that was never said in the video.

Check the last video on this minivan, I believe it's all there.

15 minutes ago, DANK_AS_gay said:

Check the last video on this minivan, I believe it's all there.

Yes good call thanks.

Maybe I missed it, but did they address the fact that this is an entirely different minivan? Part I is a Honda Odyssey and Part II is a Toyota Sienna.

20 hours ago, RandomLegoBrick said:

as a fellow CAD designer and solidworks user this irks me, did you really need that many centerlines alex LOL

image.thumb.png.79c36ab40917a82297f3b7aeea333f84.png

Hmmm that could be an interesting way to make content.

LMG gets professional training, and they make a video about it.

Solid-works, editing software, soldering, car driving course etc... LMG staff get training on how to do things better, and share their experiance with everyone.  Entertain, educate and encourage people to level up their skills.

EDIT: I FORGOT THEY WERE USING LAPTOPS

In regards to power switches:

ES02-USB (silverstonetek.com)

es02-usb-front1.jpg.8989d6be23ac985dd8d1b3fab24213d2.jpg

You'd probably only need one remote to control all the PCs too

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

I'm currently working on (re)designing a TV truck with live-and-drive capabilities. It just uses a huge Victron battery and inverter hanging off a high-amperage alternator, and with both bonded cellular transmission paths live the rack uses about 300 watts. Maybe a solar roof and Starlink Mobility could be in the cards for the next version, if only for aesthetics. (It doesn't have a traditional satellite uplink, and satellite Internet over Ka band from the traditional carriers is ludicrously expensive, so the dish it has is basically just for show.)

3 hours ago, aviettran said:

Maybe I missed it, but did they address the fact that this is an entirely different minivan? Part I is a Honda Odyssey and Part II is a Toyota Sienna.

??

image.png.eb9f751b97d46a1dcc5c0de78a8b18b5.png

I know minivans are basically interchangeable appliances, but c'mon son. 😛 

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

I would highly recommend to avoid buying any products from EcoFlow. Their customer support is dismal, and it takes weeks if you’re lucky to hear back from them. I’ve had some of the things that I bought from them need to be replaced multiple times because they’re defective and poor quality

On 10/8/2023 at 1:08 PM, FlyingPotato_is_taken said:

It's hard to tell, but I suspect most of them are automatically generated (Inventor user). What bothers me about this screenshot is that it used a rectangular pattern or mirror on a sketch. The better option would be to extrude it and then use the pattern/mirror on the 3D model/body.

At the end of the day, these parts are made in quantity 1 without documentation, and as long as it gets the job done, it's fine.

solidworks will not auto generate centerlines, under certain cases it will let you snap to the midpoint of lines, in this case alex is just using them instead of dimensions. there really isn't anything particularly wrong with it but it can be a pain later on. I was just giving alex a hard time, for a part like this that will likely never need to be changed, who cares as long as it works 😛

On 10/9/2023 at 7:09 AM, ToboRobot said:

Hmmm that could be an interesting way to make content.

LMG gets professional training, and they make a video about it.

Solid-works, editing software, soldering, car driving course etc... LMG staff get training on how to do things better, and share their experiance with everyone.  Entertain, educate and encourage people to level up their skills.

I'm sure they have had professional training, and it would be tough to make an interesting video about that...

1 hour ago, RandomLegoBrick said:

I'm sure they have had professional training, and it would be tough hard to make an interesting video about that...

not saying they haven't but generally professionals continually learn and take new training as new thinking or technology changes things.

Just because it would be hard, doesn't mean impossible nor does it imply they aren't worth doing, often the opposite.  

This was my $20 take on the headrest mount, since it only needs a saw and a quick welder zap (shaft collar is the keyword).  If you've got a CNC you should have a welder...doesn't take much effort to learn either.  This is also a repurposed VESA mount so it takes regular monitors up to 24".

image.png.01bf6483bf16b32341495a1cd45c5ad4.png

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

On 10/9/2023 at 11:41 AM, rcmaehl said:

In regards to power switches:

ES02-USB (silverstonetek.com)

es02-usb-front1.jpg.8989d6be23ac985dd8d1b3fab24213d2.jpg

You'd probably only need one remote to control all the PCs too

Right, so, I own these, though I own the PCIE versions.

First, these are not USB or PCIE devices.  They simply draw power from the USB or PCIE bus to let the device operate, that's it, they are functionally discrete from the main system, no bus connection exists.

Second, this devices only short the PWR and RESET pins on a desktop mobo when the remote buttons are pressed.  That's it.  That's all they do.  Super simple but how is that supposed to work on laptop?  You'd have to gut the laptop to get at the power buttons and that's assuming they work exactly like a desktop mobo's PWR pin when some laptops use touch sensitive buttons.

Third, drawing power from the USB bus requires a USB bus that supplies stand by power.  Not all USB busses do this, especially on laptops, because providing stand by USB power on a battery operated device is... Kinda dumb.

Fourth, these remotes and recievers rely on pairing.  You could pair multiple boards to the same remote, I own some and you can do it, but what do you do if you get into a dirty state?  If all the laptops are off, you press the remote, and all the laptops turn on right?  (Assuming you overcame all the other issues).  But what about when SOME laptops are on and some are off?  All this thing will do is press the power button on every laptop at once.  The ones that are on will shut down, the ones that are off will power up.  You're in a dirty state untill you manually get it back into a clean state.

In short, this is a terrible idea for solving this problem.

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

On 10/10/2023 at 4:34 PM, CerealExperimentsLain said:

Super simple but how is that supposed to work on laptop?

Ah yes.

I literally completely forgot they were using laptops. My bad.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

• 1 month later...

How does Linus have Internet while on the road? Because I’m trying to do that. Just to. Be more pacific. While driving.