Dell DIDN’T Screw Me Over - $1500 PC Secret Shopper 3 Part 1

Shahrad

Thanks again to UGREEN for sponsoring this series! Check out UGREEN Nexode RG 30 & 65W Chargers using the links below:
UGREEN Official Store (US) : https://bit.ly/3r0iBTh (20% OFF)
Amazon RG 65W US : https://bit.ly/3PrnRsq ( 20% OFF Coupon+Code: 05Ugreenkol 9.28-10.08 )
Amazon RG 65W Charger (CA): https://bit.ly/44Em5bH(20% OFF Coupon)

Check out UGREEN's 1st Nexode 300W GaN Charger using the link below:
Amazon US: https://bit.ly/3R3x4Z1

We’re secret shopping some gaming computers again! Time to find out who’s the best or worst system integrator in 2023.

Last year, when I needed to have a hinge on my laptop replaced, Dell was pretty quick in getting the shipping box in, and the turnaround. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

if the Cyberpower rep is WFH and has to setup their own "office", perhaps a LTT home office makeover with a new headset, Cyberpower can build a beefy PC for them, etc. 

Dell massively improved based on the secret shopper call.

I expected them to octuple down on the financing part. but not even once. Good job DELL.

Now I wonder if they also fixed their hidden monthly fee toggle as well

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

21 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

if the Cyberpower rep is WFH and has to setup their own "office", perhaps a LTT home office makeover with a new headset, Cyberpower can build a beefy PC for them, etc. 

You just broke the 5th wall. Sponsored video to build something for sponsors! "Our sponsor sponsored this build for our sponsors!!!!"

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

5 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

You just broke the 5th wall. Sponsored video to build something for sponsors! "Our sponsor sponsored this build for our sponsors!!!!"

Build an awesome home office for a good worker (who is probably a gamer).
Show off the products of their employer and get sponsored for it.
Get wholesome content of rewarding regular people for LMG and the audience.

Great sales tips from Linus, although sales are very regionally and culturally dependant and not everything works for everyone.

1 minute ago, ToboRobot said:

Build an awesome home office for a good worker (who is probably a gamer).
Show off the products of their employer and get sponsored for it.
Get wholesome content of rewarding regular people for LMG and the audience.

Great sales tips from Linus, although sales are very regionally and culturally dependant and not everything works for everyone.

And for the memes, get dBrand to do a partial sponsorship and wrap something for the home office in a "not logo" from a different prebuilt brand. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 minute ago, IkeaGnome said:

And for the memes, get dBrand to do a partial sponsorship and wrap something for the home office in a "not logo" from a different prebuilt brand. 

spacer.pnghaha

It’s great to see how many of these companies have improved in their sales processes, and how much better the sales representatives have gotten, at discussing configurations with a person that is not familiar with the components. 

I try and build my friends and family computers when they need them, but there are a ton of people that buy pre-built systems, so the companies need to do very good work for these customers as many of them need help choosing.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

Loved the Monk theme, as somebody that grew up with mental health issues, I was scared away from it thinking it was making fun of the mentally ill. But it's a realistic psychological light heated comedy crime drama. Didn't start watching it until Peacock was a thing.

I have a suggestion for a future secret shopper sketch, these were "dad shows" even when Linus and I were kids. But you could have one be an homage to the Rockford Files, I just discovered that show recently and it's a blast. Another suggestion is do a secret shopper with Shirley Curry as a guest (if health permitting, she's 87) and have her be playing a Jessica Fletcher inspired character.

As someone who is old and out of touch help me out here, are granny glasses in fashion now? Or is this some sort of meme I'm not getting?

9 minutes ago, poochyena said:

...what wrong with downloading music?

Well, you wouldn't download a car, would you?

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

40 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

You wouldn't go to the toilet in a policemans helmet.

1 hour ago, atxcyclist said:

if i could i absolutely would

but also 95% of the music i listen to is downloaded.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I went on Origin PC's website and played around with their build configurators for a bit, and yeah they aren't lying when they say they can't offer a computer for 1500 USD. Their cheaptest lineup, the Chronos, starts at $1669.

There was one specific customization for the Chronos that allowed the build to go under 1500 USD... but I had to remove the GPU entirely and use integrated graphics to get that price, lol.

Their high-end PCs do look incredibly cool, though. Man, I wish I had the money to buy one of those

My first labtop back in 2004 was an HP, and it was rock solid (until my bag broke and it fell to the floor 6 years or so later - RIP)

But im always lowkey rooting for HP for some reason, and they keep getting it almost right, and then do one major fumble.

IIRC they had the guy with the excited rooster (not an euphemism - that guy did great) back when Sarah was the secret shopper. 

Like, their people seem geniuen caring but then something goes wrong, either in the build or like here with a very nice sales rep who didn't really know enough about what she was selling.

It's kinda endearing although it may be my rosetainted goggles talking

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

7 hours ago, poochyena said:

...what wrong with downloading music?

nothing, but most people stream today. Its a bit archaic, like requiring an optical drive - valid reasons exist, but its not really mainstream anymore.

10 hours ago, Commodore256 said:

Loved the Monk theme, as somebody that grew up with mental health issues, I was scared away from it thinking it was making fun of the mentally ill. But it's a realistic psychological light heated comedy crime drama. Didn't start watching it until Peacock was a thing.

I have a suggestion for a future secret shopper sketch, these were "dad shows" even when Linus and I were kids. But you could have one be an homage to the Rockford Files, I just discovered that show recently and it's a blast. Another suggestion is do a secret shopper with Shirley Curry as a guest (if health permitting, she's 87) and have her be playing a Jessica Fletcher inspired character.

Or they make a Raymond Chandler theme and have Jake Bellavance co-host. He has a voice that almost competes with Frost from the Escapist.

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

No offence, but the problem is these callcentres are in 3rd world countries where they have no understanding of the products they are trying to sell.

44 minutes ago, GodAtum said:

No offence, but the problem is these callcentres are in 3rd world countries where they have no understanding of the products they are trying to sell.

Linus addressed this. It's not their fault that they do not have the documentation needed to serve their customer properly.

33 minutes ago, DANK_AS_gay said:

Linus addressed this. It's not their fault that they do not have the documentation needed to serve their customer properly.

If I take a job as a surgeon because I need a job and the hospital is willing to hire me for cheap, it's not my fault that I do a bad job.

Sorry, companies are responsible for being cheap and hiring the wrong people. 

Sorry, employees are responsible for accepting a job they are not qualified for, and failing to train themselves to the standard.

Sorry, nations are responsible for failing to set the right regulations.

Sorry, consumers are responsible for accepting this whole failure.

I say this as someone that has worked in customer support for big tech companies.

I'd be kind of curious to see how recommendations for pre-builts on forums or even from ChatGPT stack up against these systems. Though, that might be an unfair battle since they could look across multiple manufacturers and multiple retailers.

18 hours ago, DeerDK said:

nothing, but most people stream today. Its a bit archaic, like requiring an optical drive - valid reasons exist, but its not really mainstream anymore.

really? 🤔
How do people listen to music/bands that isn't on a streaming service? Streaming is great for discovering music, but I couldn't imagine not buying music I love. What if one day streaming services stopped hosting those songs? Or indie music that isn't on any streaming services? Buying a FLAC copy of my favorite band's new album on bandcamp seems like a no-brainer. I'm patiently waiting for Oct.27th to do that too.

2 hours ago, poochyena said:

really? 🤔
How do people listen to music/bands that isn't on a streaming service? Streaming is great for discovering music, but I couldn't imagine not buying music I love. What if one day streaming services stopped hosting those songs? Or indie music that isn't on any streaming services? Buying a FLAC copy of my favorite band's new album on bandcamp seems like a no-brainer. I'm patiently waiting for Oct.27th to do that too.

You are not wrong, and movies ect not being published traditionally makes them completely unavailable should the streaming service pull the plug. It's a huge issue. 

I also have a box of CDs and dvds I'm not getting rid of for the same reasons. And I'm in the middle of my 30s. 

But for the mainstream users, I honestly doubt that they care. Download is more a thing for the hardcore fans of a particular band or movie who needs forever access to the material. A bit like those fans who bought boxsets of TV-series back in the days