Apple pricing?!

Hey, I realised there is something wrong with Apple's pricing here in Germany. Take the iPhone 15 Pro for example. In the US, it costs 999USD (936EUR as of right now). In the German store, they are selling it for 1199EUR!!!! (1279USD) I don't know why that is (maybe you do?) but I assume it has partially to do with the shipping. Did you know that tere was a 280USD uplift in other countries?

10 minutes ago, tomatensaftliebhaber027 said:

Hey, I realised there is something wrong with Apple's pricing here in Germany. Take the iPhone 15 Pro for example. In the US, it costs 999USD (936EUR as of right now). In the German store, they are selling it for 1199EUR!!!! (1279USD) I don't know why that is (maybe you do?) but I assume it has partially to do with the shipping. Did you know that tere was a 280USD uplift in other countries?

Well, the fact is that the US pricing is almost always exempt tax

So, when you place an order on Apple US website, they will add tax on the checkout

I once asked my friend in the US to buy iPhone as well years ago, and I decide not to do so because of the additional tax pricing, which makes it not so far difference to the price on my local country

As far as I know, Europe market is always place price as is (no hidden fee crap or whatsoever)

Please correct me if I'm wrong

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

And Laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 for mobility

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

there's two things:

1: costs differ per region: shipping costs are different, handling costs differ as staff wages differ, shelf space value differs based on land value (for example, a hangar for stock costs more in belgium than in the american midwest), etc.

2: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Value-added_tax is legally required to be included on the sticker price here.

also, iphones dont ship "from" the US. they arrive in europe from china just the same as they arrive in the US from china, so us isnt cheaper "because shipping".

17 minutes ago, tomatensaftliebhaber027 said:

No, you aren't. I din't know that with the US taxes. That sounds really annoying xd.

Wait till you got to the USA, optional obligated tip, admin fee, VAT, you will get used to it.

And for your reference, here's Apple USA checkout box for iPhone 15 Pro, it cost $1101.4 (The cheapest variant, no Apple care or any accessories whatsoever, I entered Los Angeles Zip Code, result may vary depending on which state)

It's still cheaper than German official price as you have mentioned, but please don't forget that US iPhone is only eSIM (This trend started since iPhone 14 last year)

I'm not sure if EU also adapt to fully eSIM iPhone, but it's a good to know information

image.thumb.png.ab6d33a554da44e03785c8c0c5555a12.png

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

And Laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 for mobility

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

1 hour ago, tomatensaftliebhaber027 said:

$999 + 20% VAT = $1,198.8 -> ~1,123.52€, so pretty close to the 1199€

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

2 hours ago, tomatensaftliebhaber027 said:

No, you aren't. I din't know that with the US taxes. That sounds really annoying xd.

Yes, US sales tax is quite annoying because the way US tax law is setup, it's the Federal tax law, and then also 50 separate tax laws, and then if you have a large metropolitan area it gets even worse because they can have their own tax laws. Pennsylvania sales tax is 6%, except in Philadelphia where it's (8%?, 10%?) And then also (Allegheny?)county which is (7%?).

Or Virginia, where you have sales tax(6%?), and then entertainment tax (10%), and then if you are on Chincoteague island, you also have 12% island tax. 

And it's not like trying to read the tax code helps because it's a thome that's written like that scene in Shrek where they are asking Pinocchio where Shrek is. Please can we just have price-as-is🥺

also there is no "global pricing", if you live in a "rich" country you will pay higher prices, regardless of your own situation. 

this isnt like anything new either. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Man it's €1340 here for base Pro model in Croatia due to 25% tax, prices are insane in general.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

33 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

Man it's €1340 here for base Pro model in Croatia due to 25% tax, prices are insane in general.

That's just cruel and unjustified... I feel realy sorry for you 😞

The iPhone 15/Plus prices even got higher by 100EUR, last year it was 849/949EUR, but now it's 949/1049EUR, but therefore the iPhone 15 Pro/Pro Max prices were dropped from lats years's 1299EUR to 1199EUR...

12 minutes ago, tomatensaftliebhaber027 said:

That's just cruel and unjustified... I feel realy sorry for you 😞

Yeah, it sucks, average earn around €1000/month here. base Pro Max is €1600 and 1TB model is €2175 haha. Was just building my new PC and prices for some components are way more than they should be. Really insane how much everything tends to cost after tax and all. But man flagship prices for phones are uff.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

54 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

Hmm, last I checked it's €1,555 for the 128gb one in my country. 😂

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

3 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Oh that sucks where are you?

1 minute ago, tomatensaftliebhaber027 said:

Oh that sucks where are you?

Hmm? Indonesia.

Sucks for the peoples who likes iphones. (like my sis-in-law)
I'm glad I never liked using one.

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

8 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Yeah that's also bad, which is also odd because isn't tax low there?

4 hours ago, tomatensaftliebhaber027 said:

Good that I'm from Germany too, so the issue here it's called "Zollkosten" meaning anything that is above a specific price threshold needs a nice payment to the "Vaterland" making it 19% of the item price. So after you paid shipping and 19% "Zollkosten" then you're pretty close to the same price.

Intel NUC 13 | i3 1315U2x 8GB 3600/CL16

AMD 7950x3d | Sapphire 7800XT Nitro | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance 5600Mhz CL36 1R | MSI B650-P Pro Wifi | Custom Loop

AUNE X8 Magic DAC + SS3602

AUNE X7s PRO Class-A | Sennheiser HD58X

Schiit Rekkr ELAC BS243.3

4 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

Yeah that's also bad, which is also odd because isn't tax low there?

Well, some brands are basically considered and sold as SUPER PREMIUM items here.
example : ASUS PC Parts & Accessories (This includes TUF variant), Apple stuffs.

Even something that has lightning connector usually priced higher here.

I'm kinda glad Apple price got this high really, at this rate my sis-in-law may finally move to android for her new phone. 😂

I never really researched it but yeah, iPhones probably considered a luxury item here, and so, a higher tax.

Refresh before you reply

2 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Well, some brands are basically considered and sold as SUPER PREMIUM items here.
example : ASUS PC Parts & Accessories (This includes TUF variant), Apple stuffs.

Even something that has lightning connector usually priced higher here.

I'm kinda glad Apple price got this high really, at this rate my sis-in-law may finally move to android for her new phone. 😂

I think Apple's official store doesn't even have the new devices yet, see for yourself: Apple Indonesia; but iBox Indonesia seems to have it.

6 minutes ago, BotDamian said:

Good that I'm from Germany too, so the issue here it's called "Zollkosten" meaning anything that is above a specific price threshold needs a nice payment to the "Vaterland" making it 19% of the item price. So after you paid shipping and 19% "Zollkosten" then you're pretty close to the same price.

Do you mean the "Mehrwertsteuer"? Or am I just confused?

3 minutes ago, tomatensaftliebhaber027 said:

I think Apple's official store doesn't even have the new devices yet, see for yourself: Apple Indonesia; but iBox Indonesia seems to have it.

Yeah, it's currently on preorder still it seems.

Some local distributors got "early access" sometimes.
But yep, the "real release" price not gonna be much different, that's how it usually is.

Refresh before you reply

In Canada / Quebec :

Spoiler

image.png.2bc0986b27d59f8e071e2030d9c8ea08.png

15% tax, $1666 CAD ---> $1,234.75 USD
We're all getting fucked over by our local taxes + their other fees outside of the US. Base price of $1449 CAD is $1,073.93 USD.
Would probably be slightly cheaper for me to take 4 hours to travel down south the border to buy one at the closest US best buy.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I think it's funny how much the Apple website evolved over time. Look at that picture from archive.org. Isn't it kinda crazy? Imagine Apple would market the 15" MacBook Air as the Big Help for Small Biz. Or Apple having ads and sweepstakes on their website xd. (Edit: This picture is from 1997 btw)

image.png.f9762b96fbb09695a47745c7ea1d9b81.png

23 minutes ago, tomatensaftliebhaber027 said:

Do you mean the "Mehrwertsteuer"? Or am I just confused?

"Einfuhrsteuer" https://www.zoll.de/DE/Unternehmen/Warenverkehr/Einfuhr-aus-einem-Nicht-EU-Staat/einfuhr-aus-einem-nicht-eu-staat_node.html

AMD 7950x3d | Sapphire 7800XT Nitro | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance 5600Mhz CL36 1R | MSI B650-P Pro Wifi | Custom Loop

9 minutes ago, tomatensaftliebhaber027 said:

I think it's funny how much the Apple website evolved over time. Look at that picture from archive.org. Isn't it kinda crazy? Imagine Apple would market the 15" MacBook Air as the Big Help for Small Biz. Or Apple having ads and sweepstakes on their website xd. (Edit: This picture is from 1997 btw)

image.png.f9762b96fbb09695a47745c7ea1d9b81.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JavaScript

Now you know what changed... all the paral
lax stuff etc is basically JS like GSAP.js an animation tool for websites.