Virtual Machine of NEWER OS

shoutingsteve

I am still kicking ass and taking names with windows 7, but after the trouble I had with windows real-time protection and false positives on my windows 10 work laptop, I want to learn how to use windows 11 OS before installing it.

Is it possible to install a virtual machine of windows 11 onto my windows 7 computer?  And if so, i'd rather take your recommendations than google's on what method to use to do so.

It must be true, I read it on the internet...

Considering that your machine still uses Windows 7, I think that it doesn't support Windows 11 officially, so you'll need some VM manager that can report different CPU to guest OS. I don't remember, but VirtualBox might be able to do that. And some cmd hacks to disable TPM requirement. Google-fu to the rescue there.

Purify your Windows 10/11, don't give Microsoft anything that you don't want to share.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZwVs9zrM493rjD42E2Pf0YcOkaW92ZUo

Tips for folding on laptop:

Lazy man wants upgrades from the sky.

https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/Spakes

15 minutes ago, shoutingsteve said:

Is it possible to install a virtual machine of windows 11 onto my windows 7 computer? 

Yes.

16 minutes ago, shoutingsteve said:

And if so, i'd rather take your recommendations than google's on what method to use to do so.

Download VMWare Workstation Player.

Download the Windows 11 ISO.

Follow the instructions to install it. You may need to enable the encrypted VM function or else Windows 11 will complain about a lack of TPM.

oracle virtualbox is my place to go. i dont recall if i had to neuter TPM requirement manually or if virtualbox did that for me.

Well, it looks like VMWare doesn't support windows 7 and Virtual box needs MS visual c++ 2019, which I've already installed but the virtual box installer can't seem to find.

It must be true, I read it on the internet...