Requiem Avenging Angel FREE on GOG September 8th

Paul Rudd

Requiem Avenging Angel is FREE right now on GOG. 85% Very Positive reviews on Steam... Link.

01requiemavenging.thumb.jpg.e3ec6795746b0085b004f5b8982631ea.jpg

You have until September 11th, 2023 to claim and keep this game forever.

This is a 24 year old story driven first person shooter game developed by Cyclone Studios, based in San Mateo, California. You may have heard of some of their first games such as BattleSport, Captain Quazar and their Uprising titles. Requiem Avenging Angel met modest critical acclaim and poor sales, mostly because of Half-Life releasing not long before it and a lot of hype from another game called Kingpin Life of Crime. Which had also amassed some media controversy over its graphic depiction of violence and swearing.

In the game, without the use of conventional weapons you must use angelic powers for defense. These work similarly to the Force powers of Star Wars Jedi Knight Dark Forces II. It also has a bullet time feature, slowing down time to allow you to dodge bullets and kill multiple enemies. It was the first videogame ever to feature such a mechanic and is actually in the Guinness book of world records for it.

I played the shit out of this game when I was around 9y old. 

I'll definitely pick this up once I get home. 

Such a great game.