Do I need to Upgrade my setup?

Go to solution Solved by Pumba217,

For adobe programs 16gb of ram is basically a minimum since they're so ram hungry, and hyper threading really is a must. as for gaming a 760 will do you great!
and also do you have your adobe programs installed on your ssd as well as they're cache features set to your ssd? By doing so your playback and startup times will increase greatly!
hope this helped :)

hmm.. so I play some video games(BF4, CSGO, LOL) + video edditing + After effects

Trouble I find is the render time for Premie Pro is too long ,and PC tend to freeze a bit while rendering

windows 8

CPU: i5-2500k 3.3HGz quad core

Motherboard: Asus 98z68-M Pro

RAM: 8 GB Kingston DDr3 1600MHz

Hard Drive : 1TB Seagail Green Drive + Samsung SSD 840 PRO series 128 GB

Graphic Card: GTX 560 Ti 1GB

Get a 760 or 770 ~ your render times will improve and you will be able to game better.

If you feel like your machine is too slow, then you should upgrade.

We can't judge whether you should  upgrade.

Currently, your rig does look a little underpowered for video editing and/or gaming.

An upgrade to an i7 and maybe more memory would give improvements in video editing, and a new graphics card would improve your performance in games.

It's up to you at the end of the day :)

GTX 780/R9 290.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

For adobe programs 16gb of ram is basically a minimum since they're so ram hungry, and hyper threading really is a must. as for gaming a 760 will do you great!
and also do you have your adobe programs installed on your ssd as well as they're cache features set to your ssd? By doing so your playback and startup times will increase greatly!
hope this helped :)

CPU: i7 4770k  Motherboard: MSI Z87-G43 SSD: ADATA 250GB PNY 120gb HDD:2xSeagate 2TB (One is an external HDD) GPU: RTX 2070 Super RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 PSU:Corsair CX-M600w Case: NZXT Phantom 410

Upgrade our GPU and give your CPU a good over clock; you should be able to get 4.6 - 5 ghz

CPU, RAM and Mobo are still fine. I'd upgrade the GPU to something like r9 270x/280x GTX 760/770

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Upgrade our GPU and give your CPU a good over clock; you should be able to get 4.6 - 5 ghz

5GHz will be quite an overclock with the old i5, with a bunch of luck maybe but i dont know...

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

hmm.. so I play some video games(BF4, CSGO, LOL) + video edditing + After effects

Trouble I find is the render time for Premie Pro is too long ,and PC tend to freeze a bit while rendering

windows 8

i would upgrade that cpu by overclocking the crap out of it. you can get another 50% out of it with a decent air cooler. also your gpu could do with an upgrade.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

5GHz will be quite an overclock with the old i5, with a bunch of luck maybe but i dont know...

sandy bridge i5's are the king for overclocking, it has only went downhill since then for intel cpu in the overclocking department,

Overclocking the crap out of it would certainly help rendering times.

OP many users have based their recommandation on GAMING alone, if you render a lot and want faster rendering time you will need

either a core i7, hyperthreaded xeon, or FX 8 core Chip. (note that with an FX chip single-threaded games like LOL for example will take a major

performance hit, modern multi-threaded games (BF4 for example) : the same)

The easiest and cheapest way for you to really get much better rendering/encoding times would be to sell the CPU online and get a used core i7-2600K

along with a good CPU cooler and overclock it some...

For gaming you need a new GPU this 560ti you have is very slow by todays standard and won't run games properly @1080p 60FPS, you need something more up to date

like a GTX 760, 770 or radeon r9 280, r9 280x...if budget allow get GTX 780 or r9 290 for optimal gaming experience.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

windows 8

If you've got spare cash, then maybe pick up something in the 750ti/760 range, that should really boost rendering/gaming performance. Other than that, its a really solid setup. Other than that, maybe a new CPU, something like a 4670K. Not sure if it uses the same socket, though.

If you've got spare cash, then maybe pick up something in the 750ti/760 range, that should really boost rendering/gaming performance. Other than that, its a really solid setup. Other than that, maybe a new CPU, something like a 4670K. Not sure if it uses the same socket, though.

4670K is not the same socket, 750ti/760 won't boost rendering time a single second, neither would the 4670K be a sgnificant upgrade for rendering even if it would fit the socket, in wich it won't fit anyway.

And for gaming, if you compare the 560ti vs the 750ti you will realise that those GPU are too close in performance to justify the upgrade from one to the other, the GTX 760 that's another story it's almost twice as fast as a 750ti so this is a good upgrade.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

sandy bridge i5's are the king for overclocking, it has only went downhill since then for intel cpu in the overclocking department,

OP many users have based their recommandation on GAMING alone, if you render a lot and want faster rendering time you will need

either a core i7, hyperthreaded xeon, or FX 8 core Chip. (note that with an FX chip single-threaded games like LOL for example will take a major

The easiest and cheapest way for you to really get much better rendering/encoding times would be to sell the CPU online and get a used core i7-2600K

For gaming you need a new GPU this 560ti you have is very slow by todays standard and won't run games properly @1080p 60FPS, you need something more up to date

like a GTX 760, 770 or radeon r9 280, r9 280x...if budget allow get GTX 780 or r9 290 for optimal gaming experience.

Did not know a sandy bridge i5 could hit 5ghz, i know they're good but damn. A Xeon is my personal recommendation its awesome, 8 core fx is another cheaper option and come on, you wont get unplayable fps in games like LoL^^ Just dont buy 8150s or something like that, 8320 or 8350

4670K is not the same socket, 750ti/760 won't boost rendering time a single second, neither would the 4670K be a sgnificant upgrade for rendering even if it would fit the socket, in wich it won't fit anyway.

And for gaming, if you compare the 560ti vs the 750ti you will realise that those GPU are too close in performance to justify the upgrade from one to the other, the GTX 760 that's another story it's almost twice as fast as a 750ti so this is a good upgrade.

A 760 will reduce rendering times from his current pc, but it wont be faster than an 8 threaded xeon or i7, about the same.

CPU:If your CPU has a decent cooler (not stock one) you can overclock it safely to 4.2-4.5ghz easy. If you have a good water cooler than you can hit 5+ghz. Bare in mind that a few people have hit up to 6ghz with an i5 2500k but those are VERY rare cases. I'm safely running mine at 4.5ghz on a Hyper 212+.

RAM: Adobe gets ram crazy. You can get 2x4gb ram or even 2x8gb kit's. It should help out with the editing software.

GPU: You have a good GPU but jumping to something new would be a huge fps bump in gaming and also video rendering.

Honestly my opinnion is that you should just upgrade your GPU and look into getting more ram. When you have about 40$ spare get a good CPU cooler if you already don't have one and OC, don't buy a whole new CPU and get rid of a perfectly good i5.

This and I second the i7 2600k you should be able to get some cheaper compared to either getting an fx + mobo and the z97 + i7 refresh or something.

I also second the 760, although the r9 280 (x) 290 (x) and 780 (ti) would be very good but their price tag might not be on good terms with your wallet.

side note: after all that try and grab 16gb for whatever reasons you want to make use of it.

Live your life like a dream.

4670K is not the same socket, 750ti/760 won't boost rendering time a single second, neither would the 4670K be a sgnificant upgrade for rendering even if it would fit the socket, in wich it won't fit anyway.And for gaming, if you compare the 560ti vs the 750ti you will realise that those GPU are too close in performance to justify the upgrade from one to the other, the GTX 760 that's another story it's almost twice as fast as a 750ti so this is a good upgrade.

Well, I was thinking more compatibility: the 750ti will have access to most new features, whereas the 560ti has already so missed out on most. And yeah, rendering might not improve, but gaming should. Even with the 750ti, it should support some new stuff.

CPU:If your CPU has a decent cooler (not stock one) you can overclock it safely to 4.2-4.5ghz easy. If you have a good water cooler than you can hit 5+ghz. Bare in mind that a few people have hit up to 6ghz with an i5 2500k but those are VERY rare cases. I'm safely running mine at 4.5ghz on a Hyper 212+.

RAM: Adobe gets ram crazy. You can get 2x4gb ram or even 2x8gb kit's. It should help out with the editing software.

GPU: You have a good GPU but jumping to something new would be a huge fps bump in gaming and also video rendering.

Honestly my opinnion is that you should just upgrade your GPU and look into getting more ram. When you have about 40$ spare get a good CPU cooler if you already don't have one and OC, don't buy a whole new CPU and get rid of a perfectly good i5.

How about upgrading to msi gtx770?

How about upgrading to msi gtx770?

Honestly, in some cases, even double the fps in gaming. It's an awesome upgrade. Can your PSU handle the TDP of a Gtx 770? If it can then go for it. It's the most logical upgrade you can do and it's the one that's going to give you the biggest increase in performance.

Also MSI's Twin Frozr is a great GPU cooling solution. You get MSI Afterburner software, it's great for overclocking, monitoring and even creating your own fan profile.

Your processor seems OK to me I mean a i7 would be faster but I think you biggest bottleneck is your GPU get a 770 or so and it will be way better.

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”

Honestly, in some cases, even double the fps in gaming. It's an awesome upgrade. Can your PSU handle the TDP of a Gtx 770? If it can then go for it. It's the most logical upgrade you can do and it's the one that's going to give you the biggest increase in performance.

Also MSI's Twin Frozr is a great GPU cooling solution. You get MSI Afterburner software, it's great for overclocking, monitoring and even creating your own fan profile.

so my power supply is Corsair CX600 I am not sure if it can handle the TDP?

so my power supply is Corsair CX600 I am not sure if it can handle the TDP?

Yes, it will be capable of handling it. It is minimum recommended 600w and your's a high quality PSU so it will work fine. I'm running a GTX 465 with 200w TDP on a CHIFTEC 550w and it runs great. :)