3d print case ducts

thrasher_565

ya finally some one has done it.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

3 minutes ago, micha_vulpes said:

I did this a while back with PLA to make my 1 Slot GPU into a two slot exhaust path, and to force the intake of the card to only pull from the front of the case.

It helped a few degrees ( maybe like 4) but after a while the exhaust side melted, and after a little longer the intake sides also melted where they touched the card and sagged.

I'd be curious to know how that holds up long term

I bet it would've lasted better if you used ASA. PLA isn't super heat resistant.

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K - OC to 5 GHz All Cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT (Front Mounted AIO)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600

Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (x2)
Video Card: Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB GAMING Twin Edge OC

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x4)
Monitor Main: Asus VG278QR 27.0" 1920x1080 165 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

I did this a while back with PLA to make my 1 Slot GPU into a two slot exhaust path, and to force the intake of the card to only pull from the front of the case.

It helped a few degrees ( maybe like 4) but after a while the exhaust side melted, and after a little longer the intake sides also melted where they touched the card and sagged.

I'd be curious to know how that holds up long term

i would think intake should be fine?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

2 minutes ago, micha_vulpes said:

My work only has a super cheap old printer and it doesn't seem to get hot enough to handle much else other than PLA and the flexible filaments. But yes there are other better materials.

The metal case of the A4000 is part of the thermal mass of cooling and directly connected to the VRM and Vram packages. It gets up to 70C+ even up near the intakes. PLA sitting on it warps and bows.

ya gpu exhaust is no joke. people just dont no how much heat comes out thats why i scream at them to buy better cases or ones with bottom fans... 🤷‍♂️

if people put a strip from the side to the gpu at the top of the fan then the exhaust would not be sucked back in to the gpu... but no one has done it...

I do not buy axial fan cards so that's not really an issue I have. I have had one and wont do it again. Air goes in front of card, air goes out back of case.

oh thows run really hot... what even is the fastest blower card? i no the founders is like a hybrid.

Edited by thrasher_565

15 minutes ago, micha_vulpes said:

4090 Has multiple blower models from Afox, Manli, and a few others.

All workstation GPU's are still blowers.

hmm didn't think a 4090 could keep up. why a blower card thow?

14 minutes ago, micha_vulpes said:

They don't heat up the case.

I tend to only buy workstation cards. They tend to be more power efficient than the consumer cards. I do not play games often. I want something that runs balls to the wall for its entire life without issues.

hmm i like quiet so ill never have a blower card. the asus noctura being the best. but you can do the zip tiy job as well. vary thick thow.

but i water cool so no probably with sound or heat...

last one my dad got was sli 280 i think? thow didn't last long. i think if i remember it had a hybrid block on it not knowing much about vrm cooling... ya a fan blowing on it is not enough... 🤷‍♂️ but later on did the full water block.  that and fure mark didnt play nice...

well i do have a gt 270 and a 6800... and a x800

Edited by thrasher_565

12 minutes ago, micha_vulpes said:

I have never had a blower card anywhere near as loud as the RX580 Nitro Axial card I had. My A4000 is still quieter than the 6600XT Nitro in my partners PC. The 2070 Super Blower from EVGA was also quieter than the RX580 Nitro. And so were the Quadro 4000's I had, So was the Quadro FX 4600 I had.

I am genuinely perplexed as to the modern interpretation that all blower cards are loud, unless everyone on earth other than me had the GTX 480, GTX 690, or HD5790

My PC under full load is quieter than

• leaves rustling outside
  • a whisper level air purifier
  • using my trackball mouse ( about 38dba when rolling it around)

At 24" from the PC at full load running Folding @ Home on CPU and GPU, with the microphone facing it A weighting with the NIOSH App. (its accurate to +/- 2DBA) I am at about 30dba which assuming the worst accuracy we will call it 32-33dba. This is quieter than a library - and getting pretty close to a recording studio.

ya back then blower cards were cheaper and alot of people sli them making the top one vary hot and even louder... so that many people think that all blowers are like that... later on they did fix the sli spacing but sli was basically dead by then. i think the 2080ti was the last quad sli?

the qudros people could not buy them so they basically didn't exists.  althow the 3500 looks interesting... posably a 6800 contender... 🤷‍♂️ i have yet to get one haha one day thow.

Why is he ducting off a fan behind a closed glass panel that gets *shit* for airflow?  there's a reason it doesn't work better than it did. 

A good airflow orientated case and good fans make all the difference. Ducting is so 2001 🙂

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's