Wan show?

DS9Fireblade
Go to solution Solved by DS9Fireblade,

Okey general consensus is there isn't an announcement yet so just wait and see, I agree that WAN MAY NOT be the best way to come back but they also need to still make revenue to pay staff. 

And which ever way they do decide to come back will not please everyone.

Not wanting to cause drama

just a curiosity if anything has been said that I haven't seen if there will be WAN show this week or are the team still in lockdown as it were?

Thanks in advance

I would like a wan show, it is after a week. 

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

Thanks let me know if I said something useful. Cheers!

My guess is the wan show will be the first video/broadcast about this topic. I wouldn't be surprised if it was more of a presentation or roundtable of the major players with what they found and what the plan is. 

If not that it'll be Luke and Linus having a very serious show laying out the plan to resume regular uploads. 

I'm honestly very surprised they waited more than a week considering the revenue they need from the videos they make. 

6 minutes ago, DS9Fireblade said:

I just saw this in events so maybe?

Screenshot_20230825-174616.png

The event scheduled by auto scheduler doesnt mean anything really. 

Why not let them not have one this week and get work done...I know it's an unpopular opinion but there's more important things in this than the WAN show.

14 minutes ago, nbrowser said:

Why not let them not have one this week and get work done...I know it's an unpopular opinion but there's more important things in this than the WAN show.

Whats more important?

13 minutes ago, nbrowser said:

I agree, mostly because they need a more formal format to kick off the reboot of their channel, laying out all the measures they've put in place to alleviate the crunch and workplace issues, and to avoid any future pitfalls. Not sure doing that while Linus is seeing potentially spiky and snarky merch messages would be the wisest decision. It's all still a little too soon.

Then, when the WAN show does come back, they will have some positive stuff to talk about -- how the changes are working out so far, etc.

14 minutes ago, EnglishMike said:

I agree, mostly because they need a more formal format to kick off the reboot of their channel, laying out all the measures they've put in place to alleviate the crunch and workplace issues, and to avoid any future pitfalls. Not sure doing that while Linus is seeing potentially spiky and snarky merch messages would be the wisest decision. It's all still a little too soon.

Then, when the WAN show does come back, they will have some positive stuff to talk about -- how the changes are working out so far, etc.

The longer they wait the more viewers they will lose that will find others thing to do

Okey general consensus is there isn't an announcement yet so just wait and see, I agree that WAN MAY NOT be the best way to come back but they also need to still make revenue to pay staff. 

And which ever way they do decide to come back will not please everyone.

I hope their will be a Wan show, I am looking forward to the update on the new process and I also hope that everyone at LMG are doing Ok with with been going on.

13 minutes ago, Gazo said:

I hope their will be a Wan show, I am looking forward to the update on the new process and I also hope that everyone at LMG are doing Ok with with been going on.

I think linus is busy checking if that 100m offer is still valid lol

27 minutes ago, tech.guru said:

I don't think so, it'll be a slight hick up in the grand scheme of LTT.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, tech.guru said:

If he is reading along here in the forum, I would not be surprised 😅

1 hour ago, tech.guru said:

Let's bear in mind that these kinds of offers are not ones where the buyer simply brings a suitcase of currency and gets the office door keys in return.  The full value of the deal could've ultimately been $100 mil, but it would undoubtedly be structured.  Yes, there would likely be an upfront payment in cash -- enough money that Linus and Yvonne would not have to work for a long time -- but the rest could be some combination of a services contract with Linus and Yvonne (e.g. "You each get $1 million a year in salary for the next 5 years as long as you keep working at LMG to advise management"), equity in the acquiring company, and/or performance-based payouts over the next 5 or 10 years (i.e. they get an escalating number of millions every year LMG hits particular revenue targets).  These are all to make sure that Linus not only doesn't hurt the brand, but actively works to keep it on a positive financial trajectory.

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X • ASUS TUF x570-Plus • Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600 CL16 - 64GB • MSI Radeon RX 6750XT MECH 2X OC w/12GB • bequiet! Pure Base 600 case • Crucial T500 NVMe 1TB (boot / app), P5+ NVMe 500GB (cache / scratch), Seagate Iron Wolf Pro 4TB x2 (RAID 1 for long-term storage), LG WH16NS40 16X Blu-ray/DVD/CD Internal SATA R/W Drive • bequiet! Dark Power 13 1000W • 2x 27" ASUS ProArt PA278QV • bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 5 & bequiet! Silent Wings case fans • Microsoft Sidewinder x4 keyboard • Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse • Logitech S220 w/subwoofer, Sennheiser HD 414 headphones, Audio-Technica ATH-M50xSTS StreamSet headset • Windows 11 (insider builds)

I'm personally dreading the next WAN show, although I guess Linus might actually be banned from 'hot takes' at this point, and the show will be on a 30 second delay to allow for Dan to cut the show if he goes off the rails!

I'm going to take a guess and say it will be the most profitable show ever in terms of merch messages when all the fan boys buy crap they don't need to 'support' LMG.

Merch messages will also be intolerable, and probably unbroadcastable, either because they are bad for LMG or they're LMG fanboys going on about how bad GN are.

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

What would be wise, if they do a few things with whenever the next WAN show airs:

1. Turn off Merch Messages for the next airing of the show.  It's OK to have sponsors and monetize.
  2. Have Linus and the new CEO start the show and make whatever statements need to be made.
  3. Then Luke comes back.
  4. Have a show with just news and discussion and no WAN after dark.
  5. Go back to the standard format with the following week's show.

This avoids further drama from Merch Messages, allows to wrap the story up so to speak and gets everything back on track.  By the following week once things have normalized, I think the Merch Messages will calm down as well.

Personally, I think this is what they should've done last week, but it makes sense for their weekly "main event" (sort of like what TWiT is in Leo Laporte land) show to be the show that restarts everything.  So doing it today after a week plus is also a good way of doing this.

I'm willing to bet that they won't, and they will have to deal with the crap in the Merch Messages.

Every second of delay after this WAN show just points to epic infighting. They announced a week, its been 9 days.

Turning off Merch messages is a really sharp two-edged sword.

If they do, a lot of uncomfortable question won't have any way to reach them. Tactically savvy. However... this could be a huge backlash...

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

4 minutes ago, exsin said:

Every second of delay after this WAN show just points to epic infighting. They announced a week, its been 9 days.

dude... its been a week. calm down.
Let them get things done right. m-f is a week as well

Weekends are not worked on

And once the new procedures are finished at the end of the week, they then have to PRODUCE a video with the new procedures. which takes time. 

17 minutes ago, starsmine said:

dude... its been a week. calm down.
Let them get things done right. m-f is a week as well

Weekends are not worked on

And once the new procedures are finished at the end of the week, they then have to PRODUCE a video with the new procedures. which takes time. 

image.png.d377bef5e9a007562e2fe6216d1c61cb.png