Wan show?

DS9Fireblade
Go to solution Solved by DS9Fireblade,

Okey general consensus is there isn't an announcement yet so just wait and see, I agree that WAN MAY NOT be the best way to come back but they also need to still make revenue to pay staff. 

And which ever way they do decide to come back will not please everyone.

2 hours ago, DS9Fireblade said:

Okey general consensus is there isn't an announcement yet so just wait and see, I agree that WAN MAY NOT be the best way to come back but they also need to still make revenue to pay staff. 

And which ever way they do decide to come back will not please everyone.

I can't recall the specific threshold of time Linus gave but he did at one point state they had funds to completely stop posting content for something like 100 days and still pay all of their staff. I don't recall the context of that quote and obviously don't know how accurate it is... but I think it's safe to assume a company that was receiving $100,000,000 offers likely has the funds to support an outage for a week or two without any issues.

55 minutes ago, mbernste said:

Saturday the 26th?

UTC at a guess 

9 minutes ago, dimforest said:

I can't recall the specific threshold of time Linus gave but he did at one point state they had funds to completely stop posting content for something like 100 days and still pay all of their staff. I don't recall the context of that quote and obviously don't know how accurate it is... but I think it's safe to assume a company that was receiving $100,000,000 offers likely has the funds to support an outage for a week or two without any issues.

Yeah but either way, we need something in which we can at least ration for the week. 

PC SPECS -: RYZEN 5 5600x, PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB, 32GB DDR4 3733MhzNoctua NH-D15

As well as a Dyslexic left-handed Software Engineering Student!

Why mention left handed you may say, you should see how I hold a pen! 

2 hours ago, mbernste said:

What would be wise, if they do a few things with whenever the next WAN show airs:

1. Turn off Merch Messages for the next airing of the show.  It's OK to have sponsors and monetize.
  2. Have Linus and the new CEO start the show and make whatever statements need to be made.
  3. Then Luke comes back.
  4. Have a show with just news and discussion and no WAN after dark.
  5. Go back to the standard format with the following week's show.

This avoids further drama from Merch Messages, allows to wrap the story up so to speak and gets everything back on track.  By the following week once things have normalized, I think the Merch Messages will calm down as well.

Personally, I think this is what they should've done last week, but it makes sense for their weekly "main event" (sort of like what TWiT is in Leo Laporte land) show to be the show that restarts everything.  So doing it today after a week plus is also a good way of doing this.

I'm willing to bet that they won't, and they will have to deal with the crap in the Merch Messages.

If it's going to be this stupid just sell the company and rub into everyones face how much they lost after the chanel becomes some chart reading piece of crap or pseudo reality show with unknown faces.

3 minutes ago, Kresnik-02 said:

If it's going to be this stupid just sell the company and rub into everyones face how much they lost after the chanel becomes some chart reading piece of crap or pseudo reality show with unknown faces.

Tell us how you really feel.

Call me a simple man, but I don't think most people who are asking this question are doing it to cause any drama. 

Last week's communication said there would be no WAN that week and they told us they were taking a one week hiatus. So there isn't any official communication about whether we can expect a show today or not. I can see reasons to do the show and reasons to avoid using WAN as the launchpad to start posting content again but its not really about the execution that is important in my mind.

Doesn't seem crazy to just get a short one line that says WAN show is or isn't on, I dont think they need to write a whole PR statement or anything more than that. 

Just my two cents. 

I think it would be nice to have a WAN Show tonight, but only if Dan found some time over the last week to install one of those 7 second delay setups so Tarren can kill the feed if someone talks out of turn.  I know that probably sounds funny, but that's the way it needs to be right now.

Also, if they have a show, merch messages would need to be heavily moderated and they couldn't reply to anything regarding the ongoing issues if they're not complete yet.

1 minute ago, MikeD8791 said:

I think it would be nice to have a WAN Show tonight, but only if Dan found some time over the last week to install one of those 7 second delay setups so Tarren can kill the feed if someone talks out of turn.  I know that probably sounds funny, but that's the way it needs to be right now.

Also, if they have a show, merch messages would need to be heavily moderated and they couldn't reply to anything regarding the ongoing issues if they're not complete yet.

Think you're right on that, there is definitely some strategy and planning they will have to implement and its not easy to change processes like that so I can see why they might not be ready but I use the WAN show to play video games and shut off my brain so to me...

I just want to hear WAN or NAW.

1 hour ago, Corey Clak said:

Yeah but either way, we need something in which we can at least ration for the week. 

I mean, there are 14 years of videos on the main channel. I think we have plenty to keep us entertained for a couple of weeks while they get their house sorted. 

Wans Confirmed. Discord Mod Said, in VC! 

PC SPECS -: RYZEN 5 5600x, PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB, 32GB DDR4 3733MhzNoctua NH-D15

As well as a Dyslexic left-handed Software Engineering Student!

Why mention left handed you may say, you should see how I hold a pen! 

The level of spam with that whole Linus/AI song thing the other week on YT was just stupid not that they really care as YT just gets ignored but after everything that has happened it's proably going to be even more unbearable on next Wan show

Whoa, they're actually going to have WAN Show tonight?

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

Are they going to stream from their pajamas?

Most of use in est will be in bed or asleep soon

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, tech.guru said:

Are they going to stream from their pajamas?

Most of use in est will be in bed or asleep soon

I highly doubt this is the latest WAN Show has ever been.

(Unless you count not doing one last week as "7 days late".)

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

6 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

I highly doubt this is the latest WAN Show has ever been.

(Unless you count not doing one last week as "7 days late".)

Technically LTX is probably the latest WAN has ever been. It was an entire day late. It started Saturday night instead of Saturday morning.

10 minutes ago, Drazil100 said:

image.png.a5e86df3c685f20ea30a0ac86734893d.png

I'm glad I've been accidently staying up till 1 or 2 the last few nights. Going to be hard to turn this one off, but I won't be mad if it's long enough to have some extra morning WAN too lol. Thanks for the update. Do you get access to that by being a floatplane subscriber?

Is it live yet?

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3