Linus keeping mice in his garage?

B.radley

In a recent Wan show Linus admitted to catching and keeping wild mice, he admitted it was against the law and he knows it is, but either way said that if he wants to keep mice he will keep mice showing no respect for the law and the wildlife that lives near him, he admitted it was great entertainment for his cats.  I don't think it is right to catch and keep wild animals, if he really wants pets why not go to the pet store.  Just another reckless comment and a sign of him doing whatever he wants regardless?

I have not seen this mentioned anywhere else, so posting as a new topic.

lol oh well everybody is human. i don't care about wild rats and mice... if you sneak into peoples home and eat their food and leave your droppings everywhere... you better believe you will eventually turn into a cat toy too

OMFG! Free the wild mice NOW!

This font is amazing.

The only mice I’ve heard are in his garage are the type with a USB/PS2 plug

Field mice/voles are everywhere.
When we had outdoor cats they'd turn up dead on our doorstep ever other day.

Also the law is often unbelievably dumb. Who cares.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

-> Moved to Off Topic

Can you provide timestamp? I'm about month behind with WAN.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

15 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

-> Moved to Off Topic

Can you provide timestamp? I'm about month behind with WAN.

Timestamp at 2:53:30

This is last week WAN show before the streak broke 😞

Linus talking about catching at his garage

I won't spoil more details, enjoy the WAN show

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

And Laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 for mobility

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

7 minutes ago, ImWilly said:

Timestamp at 2:53:30

This is last week WAN show before the streak broke 😞

Linus talking about catching at his garage

I won't spoil more details, enjoy the WAN show

Aaand this is why I asked. Linus does say he caught 3 live mice. He does say he kept them for the cats to watch. BUT unlike OP claims, keeping wild mice is not illegal. It might be, but not by the quoted part. The law Linus cites only talks about buying and selling, not catching inside apartment.

Now, what he is doing might still be illegal and at least unethical. Keeping mice for cats yo watch could be seen as animal abuse (prey being constantly stressed about predator). If he keeps them for longer time and not catering to their natural needs is also abusing them. Same would be buying alive animals for this reason. Any predator that gets natural meat gets it already dead.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I was very confused reading this post, and after watching the WAN show clip, I'm not really any less confused. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Hiya, Linus states that it is illegal to buy them, but then also uses an example of a Robin to say you can not keep them also?  

image.thumb.png.c6bd4954364e36b850c1b91dd83f3e91.png

9 minutes ago, B.radley said:

Hiya, Linus states that it is illegal to buy them, but then also uses an example of a Robin to say you can not keep them also?  

image.thumb.png.c6bd4954364e36b850c1b91dd83f3e91.png

The law is generally intended for bigger animals. Thought, we don't know if he releases them after a day. Then it wouldn't be that different from kids catching grasshoppers or frogs. But if you are worried, feel free to report him to animal control.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv