PSA for pre-ordered Merchandise that was not available

dacider

This is an FYI for those whose pre-ordered items were not available for pickup. None of my items were available for pick up at the con, which was frustrating in and of itself, but what's worse is that when I reached out for the status of my items, I was told that there is no record of what was picked up or not. I assumed they would have just reached out to everyone who had items missing soon after the show to give us updates on our orders. Instead I had to reach out for an update and was then asked what items were missing in response. I asked if that meant they had no idea what items were missing from everyone's order and the response was "I can confirm that no such record exists today." I was also told at the show that a tote bag would be sent with my items when I asked if I could at least have that since none of my items were available but am now being told only if there are any left.

So for everyone who had missing items, please make sure you contact them to get the issue resolved. Pretty disappointed with this whole fiasco.

When you say pre-ordered merch, do you mean stuff from LTTstore?

How the hell do they have no idea who picked up what???

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

1 hour ago, Ezzy-525 said:

When you say pre-ordered merch, do you mean stuff from LTTstore?

How the hell do they have no idea who picked up what???

Yes, you can pre-order items to be picked up at the show and save on shipping. It wasn't through LTT store proper but another link through the LTX site. There were also some exclusive items being sold.

After arriving at the show, I waited about 30 mins in line only to find out that NONE of my items were ready for pick-up. They put my name down on a list, which already many names on it. I guess the list didn't lead to anything since they had no idea what items were missing or if I even got any items when I emailed

What a shit show. "Trust me bro" no thanks.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I'm amazed they didn't have a list/database/etc of everyone's orders accessible ahead of time. Tracking who has what physical merchandise is kind of important...

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

It feels like LMG has been a teetering house of cards for a while...nothing seems as professional as you'd hope.

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

22 hours ago, Ezzy-525 said:

It feels like LMG has been a teetering house of cards for a while...nothing seems as professional as you'd hope.

That's the unfortunate reality of all large companies nowadays, I had a similar issue with SharkNinja customer service the other day trying to get a replacement battery.

They'll figure it out eventually.

This seems to be, overall, a messaging problem. Most customers who encountered issues with their pre-orders were provided with as much merchandise as we had on-hand, and told to contact customer service to receive the rest. That has officially been the process the entire time; we even added a unique subject header for it in our contact form.

Obviously in OP's case, they were either told/experienced something different (which is entirely possible as, due to the hectic environment of LTX and thus the difficulty of spreading information amongst our staff and volunteers) or for whatever reason had a different expectation, and it's easy to see why that would be disappointing. For that I do apologize.

As for exactly why we've chosen to handle these cases in this way, that is because:

1. While we do have records of what orders were picked up vs. not, we do not have records of what orders were parted out at the con vs. not. Why is that? Because the software we were using at the con didn't support such recordkeeping.

2. A variety of other organizational factors that I'm not at liberty to discuss here.

Obviously the best solution here would've been if the issues surrounding pre-orders had never happened, and preventing that in the future is going to be the focus of our efforts. LTX2023 was very successful in a lot of ways, but it also was clear where we had not succeeded and we're already at work to ensure those mistakes aren't repeated, to the best of our ability.

Customer Service Supervisor; lttstore.com

Need help with an lttstore order? Contact us or check out our FAQ here.

Trust me bro

On 8/21/2023 at 9:42 AM, Adam Pilolla said:

This seems to be, overall, a messaging problem. Most customers who encountered issues with their pre-orders were provided with as much merchandise as we had on-hand, and told to contact customer service to receive the rest. That has officially been the process the entire time; we even added a unique subject header for it in our contact form.

Obviously in OP's case, they were either told/experienced something different (which is entirely possible as, due to the hectic environment of LTX and thus the difficulty of spreading information amongst our staff and volunteers) or for whatever reason had a different expectation, and it's easy to see why that would be disappointing. For that I do apologize.

As for exactly why we've chosen to handle these cases in this way, that is because:

1. While we do have records of what orders were picked up vs. not, we do not have records of what orders were parted out at the con vs. not. Why is that? Because the software we were using at the con didn't support such recordkeeping.

2. A variety of other organizational factors that I'm not at liberty to discuss here.

Obviously the best solution here would've been if the issues surrounding pre-orders had never happened, and preventing that in the future is going to be the focus of our efforts. LTX2023 was very successful in a lot of ways, but it also was clear where we had not succeeded and we're already at work to ensure those mistakes aren't repeated, to the best of our ability.

Yes, I can understand that there were communication problems and I was possibly told something different ("we don't have your items, it will be mailed to you free of charge....we will mail you tote bag), but I do believe there is a flaw in your "official process". I don't believe it's unreasonable to expect that you will be reaching out to all people who did not receive their items, instead of waiting for them to contact you. As you have said, you DO have a record of everyone that was missing orders, just not what items they ultimately received on site.

Your policy of having the customer reach out when this seems to be a widespread problem is just opening the doors for failure, ie. a customer not being told to contact you and that their items will just ship. Maybe I'm the only one this happened to but maybe there are still people out there waiting for their items, hence my PSA to have people contact you if they weren't aware. But again, this wouldn't have happened if you were pro-active and reached out to everyone by default.

1 minute ago, dacider said:

Yes, I can understand that there were communication problems and I was possibly told something different ("we don't have your items, it will be mailed to you free of charge....we will mail you tote bag), but I do believe there is a flaw in your "official process". I don't believe it's unreasonable to expect that you will be reaching out to all people who did not receive their items, instead of waiting for them to contact you. As you have said, you DO have a record of everyone that was missing orders, just not what items they ultimately received on site.

Your policy of having the customer reach out when this seems to be a widespread problem is just opening the doors for failure, ie. a customer not being told to contact you and that their items will just ship. Maybe I'm the only one this happened to but maybe there are still people out there waiting for their items, hence my PSA to have people contact you if they weren't aware. But again, this wouldn't have happened if you were pro-active and reached out to everyone by default.

Totally agree; and we'll do our best to have better solutions prepared if there is a next time.

Customer Service Supervisor; lttstore.com

Need help with an lttstore order? Contact us or check out our FAQ here.

Trust me bro

yet

still

not

goods

which were payed for

It's a triple level of scr3w up...

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

On 8/22/2023 at 11:26 AM, mMontana said:

yet

still

not

goods

which were payed for

It's a triple level of scr3w up...

Probably because they canceled the order without you knowing. I thought this whole ordeal was over, but I was wrong. I noticed that I never got a shipment notification for the new order that was created (08/17/23) and went to check on it and saw that it was canceled on the same day it was created. I emailed again asking what happened and if I could please just get the items that I paid for. A few hours later, a new order was created and has now been shipped. Radio silence from @Adam Pilolla on what happened...no explanation, nothing.

Please check to see if your new order actually shipped!