What Happens Post-Investigation???

Fire_Burns_22

FIRST... This is not a post to support or reject Madison's claims...If you're here to do that go back to the thread for that -https://linustechtips.com/topic/1526538-madison-reveals-experiences-working-at-lmg/

My question to the group at-large is this...

What happens if Madison's claims are unsubstantiated after the investigation?
What happens if Madison's claims are deemed substantiated, and of course, whoever would be the assailant, should be gone, immediately; but what happens to the community at large?

How do we move forward after all of this is settled.

Thanks for the feedback

Is this kind of spectualtion helpful or serve any kind of point. 

Does it serve anymore purpose than:

I might make myself a coffee tomorrow morning, I might not and what happens to the coffee grounds if I choose either path?

Just now, ScoggsUK said:

Is this kind of spectualtion helpful or serve any kind of point. 

Does it serve anymore purpose than:

I might make myself a coffee tomorrow morning, I might not and what happens to the coffee grounds if I choose either path?

I'm just trying to create a constructive dialogue.

The other threads just keep bouncing between support and disdain. Neither help anything, and eventually it will all be past. I suspect there's a decent amount that will never forgive just based on the allegations, but there's also the group that will support LMG regardless. I'm looking for opinions from those in the more realistic middle ground.

If Madison is proved correct: LTT will have come up with an agreement with her and presumably have to pay her a chunk of money. If there was no proof was found: LTT can sue her for defamation or decide to settle down for a NDA for her. Either way I hope she has got her lawyers involved, corporate lawyers are like piranhas.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Look, in this case there's no winners.

If the allegations are baseless, then we've all been lied to.

If the allegations are true, we've all been blind to it.

In either scenario, the person who did the wrong thing needs to fess up and get better.

9 minutes ago, Fire_Burns_22 said:

FIRST... This is not a post to support or reject Madison's claims...If you're here to do that go back to the thread for that -https://linustechtips.com/topic/1526538-madison-reveals-experiences-working-at-lmg/

My question to the group at-large is this...

What happens if Madison's claims are deemed substantiated, and of course, whoever would be the assailant, should be gone, immediately; but what happens to the community at large?

Thanks for the feedback

1. Chat war still continues.

2. Chat war still continues.

3. ???  Me, I will continue my life as usual. In fact I am continuing my life as usual right now.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Doesnt matter what the result is -

At the macro level:

1. a whole group of people will demand to second guess, reinvestigate, deny the findings regardless of what they say. 
2. a whole group of people will be screaming I told you so and my demand for X was denied and I demand instant justice (but also considered justice but definitely instant cause hypocrisy). 

At the more granular level:

3. If someone does get fired for awful behaviour and that behaviour is stated then:

3a. People will demand that Linus never work in front of camera again because he let it happen (even if he knew nothing about it he enabled it on purpose). 
3b. People will demand that Linus never work in front of camera again because he was told about it in a very vague way and he didnt grasp the unsaid parts. 
3c. If Linus let it happen we can all just go home and never come back I suppose. 

4. Madison will be monstered because either its not proven and therefore she is a liar (not proven just means a lack of evidence but that wont stop people) or will be monstered because it did happen and certain parts of this community will blame her for letting it happen and or as well as not doing anything about it. 

5. If it is not proven then:

5a. Every employee who leaves will be hounded on their social media to know why they are leaving (if proven, the same will happen).

5b. People will want to see every line of every HR doc in LMG cause they think they own the company and are determined to prove that even though it wasn't proven this time, they really want someone else to suffer it so they can shout told you so. 

Yes. I am a cynical person but reading all the comments here in the last few days, I dont think I can be blamed for that. 

4 minutes ago, Fire_Burns_22 said:

that's up to the entity that the claims were made against.. presumably LMG would decide to do exactly nothing, both to let the mess die out, and to protect the person who made the claims from public backlash.

7 minutes ago, Fire_Burns_22 said:

but what happens to the community at large?

nothing at all. within all of the BS going on, this is something that is actually, seriously, none of our business. it should stay between the people affected, and be sorted out among the people affected. making it a huge public drama is not good for the victim either. (even if only for the people who continue to support the bad actor, and pester the victims. see any "metoo" scandal for reference.)

all we *should* see is that the issue was handled, and if any person at fault was a public-facing figure, they might go away silently.

past that, i'm gonna support the narrative that this really does not need any further debate, because of what i outlined above.

If anyone thinks this investigation is going to comment on Madison's or any individual person's experience at LMG, they don't understand what these third party investigators do.

I strongly suspect this investigation is solely going to be into the current policies, procedures and training at LMG.

Here's what I suspect the results will be:   

- The investigators will find serious problems with LMG's policies, procedures and training regarding harassment and will have numerous recommendations on how to improve

- Linus will release a (non-monetized) video apologizing with a promise to do better (and a promotion for the new LTT screwdriver)

- Linus will also attempt to deflect and blame things on company growth or his intense drive or changes to the company or other things to make it "not really his fault"

- The community will largely forget about the issue and move on.   The more wretched segment will vilify Madison as some sort of she-devil.  

- Terren will implement the recommendations and LMG staff will see a reduction in awful behaviour

- Certain LMG staff will be pushed out.   Their departure will appear consensual, but won't be.

The forums (other than the wretched segment of the community mentioned above) will move on.  

These investigators are not the police and CSI is only a TV show.   They have very limited ability to investigate individual complaints from two years ago. 

Expecting this to absolve or condemn LMG in respect to Madison's claims is silly.

18 minutes ago, manikyath said:

that's up to the entity that the claims were made against.. presumably LMG would decide to do exactly nothing, both to let the mess die out, and to protect the person who made the claims from public backlash.

Plus it makes them appears magnanimous.
But of course some people will still rage & think they are letting liars goes scot free.

The backlash will still be there done by the pitchforked mobs, eventhough LMG decides to let bygones be bygones.

nothing at all. within all of the BS going on, this is something that is actually, seriously, none of our business. it should stay between the people affected, and be sorted out among the people affected. making it a huge public drama is not good for the victim either. (even if only for the people who continue to support the bad actor, and pester the victims. see any "metoo" scandal for reference.)

all we *should* see is that the issue was handled, and if any person at fault was a public-facing figure, they might go away silently.

past that, i'm gonna support the narrative that this really does not need any further debate, because of what i outlined above.

I agree.
If I am to put them into levels, this one is way more high level issue than the Billet Labs & GN/HUB thing, so much so that the result can be quite life ruining for each party.
Plus, it's pretty pointless to keep debating & arguing about something that is still pretty much floating in limbo and needs proper investigations.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

3 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

But of course some people will still rage & think they are letting liars goes scot free.

The backlash will still be there done by the pitchforked mobs, eventhough LMG decides to let bygones be bygones.

those people exist both ways, which is why it's best all of this is not in public view.

If they find nothing, most of us will be happy it’s been settled but some will never believe it and cry coverup.

if they find something… well, it depends how far this thing goes. If it was just one or two employees then it’s survivable. We didn’t know this was going on etc. but we’ve got safeguards being put in place to catch it in future.

If the investigation finds a wider culture at LMG of sexual harassment etc, then there’s real trouble. However, it looks like a shocking amount of the fanbase will still blindly deny it or pretend it never happened, so I’d imagine a lot of people will lose their jobs as the company downsizes and makes cheaper content to a smaller audience, but wouldn’t end completely.

Thread locked. 

For topics related to the recent LMG controversies, please use an existing thread rather than starting a new thread. New threads discussing these issues may be merged, locked or removed without warning.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450