Kindle Paperwhite 2023 actual screen height and width excluding bezel

TingleWingle

Hello, I’m looking to buy a kindle Paperwhite and was wondering the size of the screen excluding the bezels is, i know diagonally it’s 6.8 inches which is 17cm but that alone cannot help me find the other sides. I tried to use Pythagoras theorem to find the other sides but the measurements given online are for the bezel included, which for me to do deduct bezel size would give me wrong measurements. Any help would be appreciated. 

They normally are good at listing the actual screen size, my newest paperwhite is the previous generation listed with a 6 inch screen and it is just slightly less than 6 inches.

P1010226.JPG.fe5796d46dc28a265422c8d42f5261bc.JPG

So if they are advertising 6.8 it's probably 6.6 or 6.7 inches actual reading area.

Forgot to add the aspect ratio: it's been 4:3 forever so I would think it's the same on the 11th gen models.

Amazon says the screen size is 17.27 cm (6.8 in). I would expect that size to not include the bezels, since it specifically refers to the screen.

I found another vendor that says the device itself is 124.5 mm x 174.1 mm. That means its full diagonal should be 21.4 cm.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

4 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Amazon says the screen size is 17.27 cm (6.8 in). I would expect that size to not include the bezels, since it specifically refers to the screen.

I found another vendor that says the device itself is 124.5 mm x 174.1 mm. That means its full diagonal should be 21.4 cm.

Yes but I need height and length of the actual screen so I have an idea how big the reading area is, I don’t need the diagonal 

8 minutes ago, MartyS said:

They normally are good at listing the actual screen size, my newest paperwhite is the previous generation listed with a 6 inch screen and it is just slightly less than 6 inches.

P1010226.JPG.fe5796d46dc28a265422c8d42f5261bc.JPG

So if they are advertising 6.8 it's probably 6.6 or 6.7 inches actual reading area.

Forgot to add the aspect ratio: it's been 4:3 forever so I would think it's the same on the 11th gen models.

I could use the aspect ratio alongside with Pythagoras formula to find the actual sides, thank you so much 

FYI: for the 6 inch screen the height x width is 12 x 9 cm.

10 minutes ago, TingleWingle said:

Yes but I need height and length of the actual screen so I have an idea how big the reading area is, I don’t need the diagonal

It supposedly has 1448 x 1072 pixels, which would be an aspect ratio of roughly 8 / 5.923.

That should come out to roughly 14 cm by 10.3 cm?

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

8 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

It supposedly has 1448 x 1072 pixels, which would be an aspect ratio of roughly 8 / 5.923.

That should come out to roughly 14 cm by 10.3 cm?

Ye that’s what I got 

Please, simple rounding and simplification:

8/6 = 4/3

😉