Ipod nano repair help

Hopes11

Hello, I want to ask a 2 part question. If anyone can help, I got an iPod nano 7th gen from eBay, and I thought It needed a new battery but it did power on but none the tuch would not work the sleep wake would not work as well as the volume up or down. So my question is can the ribbon cable that is in the red be removed and repalce if yes how. Now for the 2nd part the one in yellow the back cable brokeoff the top part of the tab and I am unable to remove it from the Connect to on the board as it's stuck in there is there any way to remove it. The the yellow has So much water on it that it looked corroded. Thay when I wend to pull it up it just Ripped off with it out the Connect to bean removed. I have already posted this on ifixit as well.

Screenshot_20230817_112628_Gallery.jpg

Did you buy this as defective?

Because this thing is basically cooked.

The touch layer on that screen is probably corroded to hell and back, all buttons are corroded, there is massive water and structural impact damage.

This will cost you more than a working nano 7th gen.

57 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Did you buy this as defective?

Because this thing is basically cooked.

The touch layer on that screen is probably corroded to hell and back, all buttons are corroded, there is massive water and structural impact damage.

This will cost you more than a working nano 7th gen.

Sure did from eBay for 10

7 hours ago, Hopes11 said:

Sure did from eBay for 10

Yeah Id say keep this for parts. As this is basically cooked and the only way to know if its the board, screen, buttons,... is to either try and see if a multimeter gives any results or try spare parts.

So just getting all the parts would cost heaps more than just another as these aren't really that expensive

I mean there is literally a TON of rust even in there. This thing sat in water and filthy water at that for a while

You can try the isopropyl alcohol rinse and soft scrub on connectors but I doubt it will do anything for a nugget this fucked

60$ for a perfectly workin 16gb seems fine to me.