What do we do now?

LinusTech
10 minutes ago, Pepik said:

How do you know what is LMG doing now? What if half of the staff walked away, Linus is in rehab and the left runs around in panic not knowing what to do, while the new CEO stands in the middle petrified, looking to the ceiling?

Can you specify, how is Steve guilty of this situation? Do you really think that that 50% disapproval rate of the video is caused just by people under Steves evil spell?

Yea, how is Steve at fault here for pointing out errors and issues that LMG has. this is just weird to me. 

1 hour ago, William Payne said:

I do mildly wonder how much of a problem well known youtubers have had with stalker type situations. Take LMG for example. Not exactly a secret of where they are, I wonder how many people who aren't so innocently visiting just show up. 

i would say LMG is long out of "i am a youtuber"  and more into a Media company that they own a streaming company. so yea. i would say to lump them together with and actual creator. they are or where a tech buzzfeed because they need to have a video a day for all of the channels.  at first LMG was fun for me but over the last year there was no quality to speak of so i did not watch that much. i liked more macadress, and car videos so yea. i mean they killed 1 year of growth in a week so yea. 

33 minutes ago, TyrSynrr said:

made an account just to be on page 69.... nice!

I want to be on page 69 aswell

Page 69... nice

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x  | Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Elite B550 V2 | RAM: 2x16GB 3200MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X Trio | PSU: Corsair RM850x | Case: Fractal North Charcoal (Tempered Glass Side Panel) | Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 | M.2: ADATA SX6000 1TB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Monitor: Samsung LS34 Ultrawide 

9 hours ago, zuglug77777 said:

Now you take a job that requires a certain ability ...say fireman.

Then claim that the job description(picking up people, swinging axe) needs to be changed because that is ABLEISM....not everyone can do those physical feats....but everyone should be allowed to have the job.  

Is this one of those comments where you don't know the right answer so you just spewed out totally incorrect info so the internet will give you the right answer?  

4 hours ago, William Payne said:

I do mildly wonder how much of a problem well known youtubers have had with stalker type situations. Take LMG for example. Not exactly a secret of where they are, I wonder how many people who aren't so innocently visiting just show up. 

Pretty sure that Linus video with that call Kris person forced her to relocate due to stalking after her location was discovered.  

Well it is 100% Linus fault. 

In the end only good thing is this forum.  Every time when I seek help I gеt correct information by users in this forum 😉

Yeah page 69 let’s go!!!

It’s been a week, I’m really missing LMG this week. I don’t care if they’re perfect at everything they do, I’m almost always entertained and that’s what I come back for. Can we move past the BS and just have some fun again?

29 minutes ago, T34p075 said:

... Can we move past the BS and just have some fun again?

The train needs to be fixed first before it can move again.

The problems may be far more serious than you can imagine, BS may not be  a right expression to describe them.

5 hours ago, Pepik said:

How do you know what is LMG doing now? What if half of the staff walked away, Linus is in rehab and the left runs around in panic not knowing what to do, while the new CEO stands in the middle petrified, looking to the ceiling?

Can you specify, how is Steve guilty of this situation? Do you really think that that 50% disapproval rate of the video is caused just by people under Steves evil spell?

Fair enough, that could have happened. Maybe the lab got hit by a meteorite too. You never know.

I'm not taking any blame away from LMG, as Steve did point out a lot of proovable errors. Yes, Linus and others gave poor reviews without reviewing the product propperly. Yes, there have been a few graphs with errors, sometimes quite obvious ones. But then he goes on to use those errors to make up other allegations.

For an example, and as I said before, Steve accuses LMG of not fact checking and error correcting any of their videos. He states that nearly all of their more recent videos have grave errors. That's a pretty big accusation. If for the past few years LMG has produced erroneous content on purpose on every video at 25 videos a day, they've made thousands, if not tens of thousands of error filled videos in the past few years. That's a huge accusation! And even if his wording doesn't exactly say it that way, that's what a lot of people understand it to be.

And some of the ways that LMG has obviously error corrected their videos, LMG didn't do it Steve's way so LMG must be doing some conspiracy or something.

The TechTechPotato video does a very good job at showing Steve's errors.

I'm not against Steve nor LMG nor Linus nor Dr. Ian Cutress (TechTechPotato). They all have made honest mistakes. I have no reason to doubt their intentions. If we doubt Linus' intentions, then why don't we doubt Steve's a well?

Mr Sebastian make blur a lot of section on his house enhancements.

Part of being famous.

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

3 minutes ago, htimsenyawed said:

This is the truth. No one is obligated to have their dream job, or any job, just because they wish for it. If you can’t cook and burn water, maybe change your dream from being the next Gordon Ramsay. 

People stick with jobs for different reasons. Yes, sometimes it's the wrong thing to do. There could be a much better job out there, and all you have to do is look around and apply for them. However, when you feel overworked and underpaid that can make it hard for you to have the time to look for another job. Some of us can't afford to stop working to look for a job.

Around the 2008 economic crash I remember finding a good job to be difficult to say the least. There were jobs I was doing that I was literally getting paid less than minimum wage. But we had to eat so I had to work. I remember trying extremely hard to find another job, and it seemed that every job opening I went to apply to, by the time I got there there, already had some 50 people that had applied for the job ahead of me. I remember getting my only speeding ticket in my life, and it costing me all the money the wife and I had allotted to food for the entire month (about $160). At the same time we couldn't afford our rent and got out of there and moved in with my brother temporarily. And this was without having any debt! I can't imagine what people do who are in thousands or tens of thousands of dollars in debt!

Between not finding work, getting paid way too little, having to move, and being affected by things as little as a speeding ticket, I couldn't just say "I don't like my job, I'm going to quit and find another." I'm not sure if Madison's situation was similar, but you never know why people do things without being in their shoes.

On 8/16/2023 at 12:56 PM, LinusTech said:

I support you no matter what, because just take one step back and look at the world and imagine if ltt never existed, then how could someone like me understood anything about computers, I learned most of the things I know from your videos, I learned how to assemble a pc, how to choose parts, what do I have to do in different situations, the amount of effect you and your channel have had on my life at least is enough to feel I ow you that much to show my support in hard times and stand by your side, this incident just showed how corrupt the channels in this community are, it was like everyone were waiting to start surfing on this wave to say look we are here too we can judge you ...  I trust you that much to be sure you not gonna criticize something for money, so if you do so you should have a good damn reason for it, maybe you don't want to share for any reason but you have a reason for it and i trust you linus that much to accept your judgement on something just because of your experience on computers, you saw so much more techs than me, you built so so many more builds that me, then you have so much more experience than me, so your judgement on something even if you don't provide any reason for it is superior to what i or someone else thinks on that matter i just challenge someone comes forward and say he or she saw more techs than you and have more experience on dealing with different builds and techs

great respect for you and your team

cincerely

Dr. A. F. rad

Feeling so strange to wander over to the LTT channel on my work breaks and not see anything new...the good side of all these videos over the years is that we have an impressive backlog of LTT to hold us over until the channel returns, likely better than ever. Despite all the internet-drama, LTT's future looks bright to me.

Incidentally, I bought a large desk pad during the Lime sale (thank you for that sale!) and I recently brought it to a board game meetup that I run. As soon as people saw the LTT box, they started asking about the latest GN drama. You know a YouTube channel has made it big when they've crossed the internet/IRL divide!

1 hour ago, htimsenyawed said:

I’m very familiar with your situation. I live in one of the poorest counties in the Appalachian mountain range. I’ve never made more than $15 per hour, and I’ve often had to budget down on food for the electric bill. My point still stands, I’m not talking about X or Y person, but in general about people - no one is entitled to their dream job. Dreams take work, a lot of it, and sometimes you can do everything right and still end up the loser in the situation. That’s just the way life works. Well, unless you’re a senator’s son. 

I fully agree. Of course no one is entitled to a dream job.

What I don't understand is how that applies to this thread unless Madison said that working at LMG was her dream job and that's why she stayed there for so long. If that's the case, then I get you.

My point was there are reasons people stick with terrible jobs other than thinking it's their dream job. I have no idea why Madison stayed at LMG for so long if it was, as according to her, such a terrible job.

3 hours ago, Issac Zachary said:

If we doubt Linus' intentions, then why don't we doubt Steve's a well?

Its not about linus v steve . Its about the willingness to ignore proper testing because something is in someones eyes a waste of money . NOw it maybe a waste of money at $700 for it for many here . There are people who would pay that for the few degrees extra cooling and the aesthetics of a pure copper liquid cooled system . That was not a reason and should never have been a reason not to test the billet labs cooler properly.

Everyone in the tech seen makes mistakes . Steve is no exception . However the mistakes are been extremely frequent and there is no excuse for that . Not to mention Linus doesnt tend to call out companies as much lately when they are wrong . In Fact he tends to be very apologetic about it going " they will fix that dont worry about it " . Not good when a company puts out statements voiding warranties like AUSUS did . 

All the above combined with the huge reach LMG has overall is more egregious than you think . People have bought things on a recommendation from videos . While they maybe partially to blames , LMG have garnered trust from the community . When benchmarks and product information are wrong you lead people to change their minds about a product for better or for worse . THis can be to the detriment of consumer and the manufacturer .

I am not saying STEVE is 100% in the right about what he done and said . He was just as emotional since LMG staff made public statements about his company . THat said i do believe he was justified . 

As for the whole maddison thing . Lets not get caught up in the job and why she stayed there . That's irrelevant . Lets not get caught up in the allegations either . JUmping to conclusions about anything here is pointless . We more than an allegation to prove guilt or innocence . 

I see a lot of people asking when LMG will be posting videos again . THe short is we dont know . THe maddison claims could have complicated things further . Reams of papaer to go through , trying to establish who she was working with and then interviews of all the employees at the time . COuld be today could be friday could to the middle of next week . YOur guress is as good as mine . 

3 minutes ago, cornholio509 said:

Its not about linus v steve . Its about the willingness to ignore proper testing because something is in someones eyes a waste of money .

I know it's not about Linus vs Steve, and that's exactly what I was getting at. Each is an individual that does their own thing, good or bad, with their own pros and cons.

Yes, I get the idea of willingness to ignore proper testing. I'm not saying Linus did the right thing. But does that make 100% of everything that LMG has done in the past few years as complete and utter trash? Because that was basically what Steve seemed to imply. Yes, LMG can always improove. Fixing the waterblock review would be a great start IMO. I would very much prefer they do better at their published test numbers on their graphs.

Has Steve's LMG callout videos changed the way I see LMG's reviews and recomendations now? Yes it has. But is there anything there that I can say is so bad that if LMG continued to publish the kind of content they have been, that I will not watch or benefit from any of their videos, and that if I do that I must be supporting a biased corporation that has zero care for the little guys in tech. I think not. I have no reason to believe that Linus is evil or that the errors made at LMG are more than just simple honest mistakes. Steve feels LMG is unethical. I think they're an ok tech review company that could do better.

I mean, if you take all their videos, especially their recent ones, what percentage can you actually say are trash to you? That are of no benefit to you? To me I find a large percentage to be fun and educational. I even enjoyed the waterblock video although I would change a few things in it if I were in charge.

35 minutes ago, Jorgenv said:

Will they be back today? It's been 7 days.

They weren't expecting to have to deal with Madison going public or leak of internal recordings confirming it. So one week was only to deal with GN allegation and damage control over Linus' response on forums here. 

Madison's allegation ins themselves were pretty bad, but the additional sex joke innuendos in the excuse video managed to not only add fuel to the fire, but made a number of long-term LTT supporters and Linus fans to pull out their pitchforks.

At this point they have to first address this, or they will have all their videos downvoted into oblivion and no one left willing to sponsor their videos in the future.

And that probably will need more time and something more drastic than a single week moratorium. Probably something like Linus going on an executive leave and Luke taking over the CVO role in the interim for at least a couple of months.

7 minutes ago, Andrei Chiffa said:

And that probably will need more time and something more drastic than a single week moratorium.

I don't understand how or why an internal HR investigation would hinder their ability to produce videos. 

7 minutes ago, Andrei Chiffa said:

Probably something like Linus going on an executive leave and Luke taking over the CVO role in the interim for at least a couple of months.

lmao stop it. No one is accusing Linus of anything directly. The worst thing Linus has been accused of re:Madison is mismanagement of an HR situation. There is absolutely no reason to suspect he will need to step away for any length of time.

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

14 minutes ago, Skipple said:

No one is accusing Linus of anything directly. The worst thing Linus has been accused of re:Madison is mismanagement of an HR situation. There is absolutely no reason to suspect he will need to step away for any length of time.

Linus has now a negative aura around him, see all the comments pouring down under their What do we do now video and also under this video:

BTW I do not think that the fact that a Youtube star does not want to talk to all common men is a huge tragedy, but unfortunately it does not work well for him at this moment.

I myself also would not want to talk to all men or women, common or uncommon. I am not very sociable. I cannot help it. Does Linus have to be sociable? Is it an obligation in his position?

8 minutes ago, Pepik said:

Linus has now a negative aura around him

The solution to this is to get out there and get the core fanbase back, not sulk away in the shadows. 

8 minutes ago, Pepik said:

BTW I do not think that the fact that a Youtube star does not want to talk to all common men is a huge tragedy, but unfortunately it does not work well for him at this moment.

I myself also would not want to talk to all men or women, common or uncommon. I am not very sociable. I cannot help it. Does Linus have to be sociable? Is it an obligation in his position?

I genuinely have no idea what you are trying to say here. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.