What do we do now?

LinusTech
9 minutes ago, Owsleygarcia95 said:

He's probably in there doing that right now 🤣 

He may be even performing a frequency analysis on them, and so what?!

I see no reason for any negative sentiments against Steve, he just published a well grounded critique. The fallout we all see now means that it was justified.

4 minutes ago, Pepik said:

He may be even performing a frequency analysis on them, and so what?!

I see no reason for any negative sentiments against Steve, he just published a well grounded critique. The fallout we all see now means that it was justified.

😆...I just think there's another way he could have gone about it. The criticisms were mostly valid. But it was an obvious hit piece on a competitor. And at the end of the day I don't care about a few errors on graphs. Personally when I'm spending 100+ dollars on any PC part, I'm doing more research than one video from any creator. I'm watching every video I can find on said component and several hours of reading comparing my options. 

The internet LOVES drama. It will take anything it can get and turn it into a massive controversy.

1 hour ago, Pepik said:

No code of conduct can help with empoyee keeping their "damage" secret. Complaining 2 years later is somewhat pointless.

According to the employee who reported the misconduct, the manager acting as HR basically told them to work the problem out with their aggressor by themselves. This was allegedly while the issue was happening; they only spoke publicly about it two years later.

They should have gotten a better response regardless, but if there was a "real company" HR representative and a written code of conduct at the time, the company would have had no excuses for giving them that useless non-answer instead of dealing with the situation by reprimanding the perpetrator. If that account is accurate, this was handled extremely poorly by LMG.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

14 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

According to the employee who reported the misconduct, the manager acting as HR basically told them to work the problem out with their aggressor by themselves.

Oh,  that would be really bad

As I already wrote, everything points to serious deficiencies in HR.

I do not believe that the company can be run as a family with serious mistakes swept under the rug.

It's Tuesday and still no vid...😕

If it can mean anything to anybody at any time, it means nothing.

2 hours ago, zuglug77777 said:

deny, delay, distract.

We already had the denial phase.

We are now in the delay phase. (no responses, simply hope that it blows over in a week or ignoring it and going radio silent.)

Can't wait to see the distraction phase of response. 

In regards to what? LTTs handling of the maddison drama? This is not something they can just openly talk about.

Whoever is the last one , turn off the lights ??? dont wanna watch last vid , title is too depressing...

so some spoilers would be nice whats happening ? what happend ? did some shit hit the fan ? no vid for a week...

50 minutes ago, samuell.sk said:

Whoever is the last one , turn off the lights ??? dont wanna watch last vid , title is too depressing...

so some spoilers would be nice whats happening ? what happend ? did some shit hit the fan ? no vid for a week...

GN posted a video pointing errors on testing, videos, some questionable decisions, and claims LTT made and they decided to stop all production (they said a week?) To address all their process and whatnot. A point on Steve's video was the rush and self-imposed schedules with a lot of videos, meaning an absurdly workload for all the staff, that resulted on Madison claims and allegations of her time working on LTT

The Madison allegations don't deserve belief or denial, they deserve a straightforward independent investigation. She made a lot of claims with absolutely zero proof, so investigation is warranted

And thats it ? Kids these days need to only complain on whatever crap they want and are in the center of attention...

Back in my days, you wanted to be construction worker on a skyscrapper ? you could ! but dont complain about heights... Either do or get fired.
The time i m living now is fucked up. If you cant handle it ,dont do it.... but NOOO , you go the high pressure / uncomfortable work space and PROBLEM is EVERYONE else ? YOUR GENERATION is FUCKED. All the z ,milis , whatever you call yourself.

Has anyone seen the TechTechPotato video?

There are several good points in Dr. Ian Cutress' video.

I'd say my own points are:

1. Don't be quick to judge. Nobody is perfect. If you want a perfect review, go buy all the products and review them yourself. I agree with Dr. Ian Cutress (TechTechPotato) and do think that a lot of what Steeve said is actually very subjective. His facts are indeed true, but he mixes those facts with his own opinion and feelings and uses that as reason to accuse LMG and Linus' of having motives, abilities and morals that cannot be proven with said opinions and feelings. Can LMG survive on fewer, but better quality videos? I don't know, maybe not! Is LMG not fixing their own videos? We see the errors they missed, but what about all the ones we didn't? Is LMG making unfair ties with companies like Framework, Asus and Noctua? I think this is getting into conspiracy theory territory.
  2. I would say that from most important to fix to least would be the following:
    1. Trying hard to bring to justice any and all who were involved in sexual misconduct with Madison and anyone else and taking steps to prevent any such conduct in the future.
    2. Make ammends with Billet Labs for auctioning off their cooler.
    3. Re-shooting or editing the Billet labs video.
    4. Re-shooting or editing the Pwnage Mouse video.
    5. Fixing and preventing errors in videos.
  3. I don't see all of point 2 needing to be fixed. LMG videos are overall good videos. If Linus and his team work hard at #1 and #2, I'd be fine with that and will watch their videos. If they can do more, good, but nobody is perfect.
  4. I can't see a possible customer of Billet Labs as being turned away by the bad review. Billet Labs gains publicity from the video and someone who is researching what their computer needs will see that the cooler was obviously used with the wrong GPU and will likely do further research. I for one do not just go by what every recommendation LMG, or Gamer's Nexus, or Jay's Two Cents makes. I get ideas from them, then I do my own research for my computer builds. If Billet Labs has a return policy of some sort, I could even try it if I were looking for such a niche product with the comfort of knowing I could send it back if it ends up not working like Linus feels it wouldn't. And if it works, then I'm good to go. What is there to lose?
  5. I do feel sorry for Madison. Without being there, I assume that what she says is true. Part of not being quick to judge can also mean not being quick to dismiss accusations. I try to sympathize with such ones, even if I have to sympathize with both sides. The sexual misconduct was wrong and needs to be addressed as best possible.
  6. I do have questions about her other accusations about being forced to work more than she could handle. Why did she stay so long? Were there any laws or codes of conduct that were broken (besides the sexual harrasment)? Is this a case of just being the wrong person for the wrong job? Yes, I heard that she was replaced by a team, but so have many other positions, so there are still a lot of questions that would be best for an expert to look into. The point is that I sympathize with both Madison and LMG as a whole over this situation. I do feel that things could have been handled better, but there is no perfect job either. I don't see this as meaning LMG is a terrible company and needs to be burnt to the ground.

I look forward to the next LMG video!

They posted the video last week on the 16th. It's been a week. Would be nice if they'd put out an update on where things stand (at least I've not seen anything, not on Youtube or twitter for an update). I tend to think their issues will take more than a week to fix, BUT at the same time they can't stand still forever. If they do an update, people will want to hear about Madison. But that's also another can of worms they're probably not ready to open just yet.

I imagine if they get rolling again, we might see a video mid to late this week.

You guys know there is a whole world outside of linus tech tips right? enjoy the sunshine for a while. Maybe watch some other channels, some other videos, explore your interests. 

On 8/21/2023 at 8:47 PM, Articate said:

I hope people here see that this type of an idea is extremely hurtful to further truth in the world. ImorallySourcedElectrons here claims that you can't be okay with allegations affecting innocent people, as if you can't be upset by the allegations because that causes harm. You have to be quiet until all the facts are out. It's not okay that you are upset that this might have happened, you can't be upset before you know it happened. This is not how it works. This is why I've expressed the importance of LTTs actions in light of the accusations, and saying that LTTs inactions are in themselves harmful. It's the fact that this forum seems okay to excuse that, while still arguing these things that makes it seem like these arguments arise out of a want to support LTT, not to try and get to the bottom of anything. That's where this is wrong. Either everyone needs to act and say all they can to limit damage to only relevant individuals, or LTT and Madison are both allowed to say things that might cause harm to others. My argument is that LTT with their inaction of a comment on the case are causing harm to the people that Imorally is concerned about over.

Do you think we magically came up with these rules in, I don't know, our legal systems all over the world without any reason? It's because folks are idiots and side with whoever they like the most. This is why you wait until the facts are out and handle it quietly until there's a clear view on what happened. Word versus word is meaningless, and if you react like you could very well be wrong, and your actions could cause irreparable damage to people, or worse you'll be used as an unguided weapon for nefarious objectives. Say an LTT employee gets caught up in a firestorm of personal harassment over this? Their partner leaves them as a result, takes the kids, house gets sold, etc. And then it turns out that the person making the accusations told a lie. Congrats, you just destroyed someone's life for absolutely no reason based on incorrect information. That's why I'm telling you to shut up and wait.

So congrats for displaying the fact that you're quite immature and have never seen the personal aftermath of such idiotic behaviour such as your own. I've gotten to witness it a couple of times from the side-lines already and it's just nasty, especially if the accusations turn out to be false or over-stated in the end.

Read this, then delete before posting

The news cycle has past,   lets goo, no one really cares... it was just something to be angry at.   LETS GOOO LMG!!!!!!!!!!! 

2 minutes ago, QBerto said:

page 69 tho

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Seems like a perfect time for the return

44 minutes ago, zuglug77777 said:

Now you take a job that requires a certain ability ...say fireman.

Then claim that the job description(picking up people, swinging axe) needs to be changed because that is ABLEISM....not everyone can do those physical feats....but everyone should be allowed to have the job.  

If you literally can't perform the job, you don't have the right to have the job. Hell, you don't have the right to have any job. Unless you make the job yourself.

If it can mean anything to anybody at any time, it means nothing.

7 hours ago, Issac Zachary said:

Has anyone seen the TechTechPotato video? ...

I'd say my own points are:

... Don't be quick to judge. Nobody is perfect. If you want a perfect review, go buy all the products and review them yourself. I agree with Dr. Ian Cutress (TechTechPotato) and do think that a lot of what Steeve said is actually very subjective. His facts are indeed true, but he mixes those facts with his own opinion and feelings ...

"Mixing facts with opinions and feelings" is necessary to be able to put out any video, if you tried to be 100% correct and factual a tried to weigh every word as in a scientific article (and also have every single word backed up by verifiable data), nobody would enjoy watching that video and also, you may not even be able to make any video at all, despite the problems the video intended to tackle are real and need to be discussed. 

They may not make any videos for longer than one week. I think there may be a lot going on at the moment, they may have found that they have a lot more to figure out and correct than they expected.

LMG could have been be like a train moving in a breakneck speed run on overheated steam and crystal meth, with a lot of problems unfixed and the train holding together just by a pressure of the wind, and when it slowed down, everything fell apart in the same time.

All I have learned from all this is that people have a far too unhealthy connection with how close they feel to their favourite Youtubers. These people don't know you guys from a hole in the ground yet people worship the ground they walk on. 

1 hour ago, Pepik said:

"Mixing facts with opinions and feelings" is necessary to be able to put out any video, if you tried to be 100% correct and factual a tried to weigh every word as in a scientific article (and also have every single word backed up by verifiable data), nobody would enjoy watching that video and also, you may not even be able to make any video at all, despite the problems the video intended to tackle are real and need to be discussed. 

They may not make any videos for longer than one week. I think there may be a lot going on at the moment, they may have found that they have a lot more to figure out and correct than they expected.

LMG could have been be like a train moving in a breakneck speed run on overheated steam and crystal meth, with a lot of problems unfixed and the train holding together just by a pressure of the wind, and when it slowed down, everything fell apart in the same time.

Mixing opinions and feelings with facts is fine... It's the using those opinions and feelings to insinuate things without actual proof as if the facts presented make the opinions true that can be misleading.

If you believe everything Steve said then LGM doesn't ever check for errors, makes horrible mistakes in nearly every video, and is totally biased. Now prove that, please.

LGM is trying to fix things. There are a lot of reasons that they are in the situation they are in. Some is their fault, but a some is also Steve's. When half your viewers are lead to believe things about you and your channel that aren't true, that's a problem.

1 hour ago, William Payne said:

All I have learned from all this is that people have a far too unhealthy connection with how close they feel to their favourite Youtubers. These people don't know you guys from a hole in the ground yet people worship the ground they walk on. 

Exactly. That's media in general and why we end up calling them idols, stars, etc. At the end of the day they are normal people just like us. Just because they are famous doesn't mean they are gods and goddesses.

They make mistakes just like us. The difference is everything they do is under the public eye. As a janitor, if I say I don't like the glass cleaner we had gotten from the local hardware store and forgot to put toilet paper in one of the bathroom stalls, no one would probably notice or care even if they did notice. If I were a Youtuber and said I didn't like a certain product, and then that product gets auctioned when it shouldn't without me knowing what was going on, the world would come to my home with pitchforks and ropes to tie me up and burn me alive as they search my property and interogate all my relatives to find out what other horrible acts of evil I have done.

4 minutes ago, Issac Zachary said:

Exactly. That's media in general and why we end up calling them idols, stars, etc. At the end of the day they are normal people just like us. Just because they are famous doesn't mean they are gods and goddesses.

They make mistakes just like us. The difference is everything they do is under the public eye. As a janitor, if I say I don't like the glass cleaner we had gotten from the local hardware store and forgot to put toilet paper in one of the bathroom stalls, no one would probably notice or care even if they did notice. If I were a Youtuber and said I didn't like a certain product, and then that product gets auctioned when it shouldn't without me knowing what was going on, the world would come to my home with pitchforks and ropes to tie me up and burn me alive as they search my property and interogate all my relatives to find out what other horrible acts of evil I have done.

I do mildly wonder how much of a problem well known youtubers have had with stalker type situations. Take LMG for example. Not exactly a secret of where they are, I wonder how many people who aren't so innocently visiting just show up. 

57 minutes ago, Issac Zachary said:

LMG is trying to fix things. There are a lot of reasons that they are in the situation they are in. Some is their fault, but a some is also Steve's. When half your viewers are lead to believe things about you and your channel that aren't true, that's a problem.

How do you know what is LMG doing now? What if half of the staff walked away, Linus is in rehab and the left runs around in panic not knowing what to do, while the new CEO stands in the middle petrified, looking to the ceiling?

Can you specify, how is Steve guilty of this situation? Do you really think that that 50% disapproval rate of the video is caused just by people under Steves evil spell?