What do we do now?

LinusTech

Apology Sitting GIF by South Park - Find & Share on GIPHY

Main Rig: Ryzen 7 1700, 12 GB, RX 580 8 GB  Second Rig: FX-8150, 16 GB, R9 290 4 GB 

Third Rig: FX-6100, 16 GB, GTX 780 Ti 3 GB  Twin HP Compaq Elite 8200 Towers: i7 2600 (x2), 16 GB (x2), HD 5450 1 GB (x2)

Just now, TheFlyingSquirrel said:

Now that LMG has taken action.

Can all the trolls, immature kids and fake fans/community members take their hate and toxicity out of our forum.  You dont have to leave, just move forward.

they are still leeching on the madison thing now

4 minutes ago, Aiken Drum said:

This was so close to being a good response, and then Linus showed up and STILL acted defensive and tried to put positive spin on it.

They should NOT have had him in this video if he wasn't going to be truly contrite. He took less than 30 seconds to go back to defensive mode, talking about how hard it is to be him and trying to point out all of the good things he thought he did.

No. NO!

Just fucking NO.

When you apologize, you talk about what you did wrong and how it'll be fixed going forward. You don't try to minimize it, you don't point out how much it sucks for you, you just DON'T.

This is not what humility looks like. This is what trying and failing to suppress your pride and hurt feelings looks like.

Disagree. He had to be there. Calm down and like he did, stop reacting on the spot with your emotions

2 minutes ago, Aiken Drum said:

This was so close to being a good response, and then Linus showed up and STILL acted defensive and tried to put positive spin on it.

They should NOT have had him in this video if he wasn't going to be truly contrite. He took less than 30 seconds to go back to defensive mode, talking about how hard it is to be him and trying to point out all of the good things he thought he did.

No. NO!

Just fucking NO.

When you apologize, you talk about what you did wrong and how it'll be fixed going forward. You don't try to minimize it, you don't point out how much it sucks for you, you just DON'T.

to be fair there was people straight up accusing him of trying to make a profit off selling the cooler block which is like to someone who doesn't know anything is bad but like anyone who has followed him recently would know that he has more than enough money than to risk making a shady $800 profit of a cooler block

Dang was he on the verge of (crocodile) tears here?

IMG_4066.thumb.jpeg.f2dda2c35d7f41d62e80bdbb7bdfa310.jpeg

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

Yup, I've seen the video.
My first impressions are:

• It looks too much artificial, full of nothing.
  • It clearly tries to soften Linus blame by including everyone which people are presumably less angry at.
  • Luke was great, including the Trust Me Bro and the ad-block fiascos in it's statement really shows how honest he is.

I didn't see the new screwdriver plug that was mentioned by some people here. Was it removed or?
Also, never paywall this kind of video. What a shitty thing to do.

This font is amazing.

3 minutes ago, Kravatie1 said:

The video was probably scheduled to be released. What madison said had nothing to do with youtube, its more legal crap that

Also, it's 4 am there. So that video was filmed earlier on that day, before the Madison stuff. Want them to rerecord at 2-3 am.....

PC SPECS -: RYZEN 5 5600x, PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB, 32GB DDR4 3733MhzNoctua NH-D15

As well as a Dyslexic left-handed Software Engineering Student!

Why mention left handed you may say, you should see how I hold a pen! 

1 hour ago, returnofblank said:

I'm watching the video and they put a sponsor joke in it. It was just a bait and switch, where they did the sponsor segway but didn't do an actual sponsor, instead just going "jk jk we not doing that".

Still though, what the fuck?

thats all u got out of the video?  really? still trying to find stuff to be outraged

My sense is that the company has grown very quickly, and the testing lab is still relatively new. I know they said they were going to create automated test runs, so it may be that there's a bug in one of / some of those testing scripts that needs to be addressed. If the processes are updated to put more eyes on the results and sanity check the #s to ensure that they seem to be inline with the tested hardware, that will help to address the major issues related to accuracy of results. This coupled with re-testing when required and possibly slowing the production schedule to some degree to allow for all additional work to be done seems like the logical path. We'll see how this goes, but my sense is they've taken this to heart and are going to strive to be more proactive and accurate. The bottom line is that everyone wants quantity AND quality, but it may be that quantity should take something of a back seat...

My two pennies

1 hour ago, joaopt said:

they are all reading a script, this was clearly a PR firm job

Apologies can come from a script. Most of them were addressing how they would change their respective processes anyways which would make sense a script was used.

1 minute ago, Silveraga said:

Yeah the madisson thing was solved a few months ago . 

Evident by the fact she just made a long thread about how it affected her... Clearly resolved!

Get that D out of your R and realise LMG doesn't care about this community.

8 minutes ago, Aiken Drum said:

No. NO!

Just fucking NO.

I'm not surprised he tried to spin it into a positive response, or that he keeps saying it sucks for him, Linus seems to have a problem separating himself from the company, I think he needs a break and needs to let the new CEO do their job while letting other very talented people at LMG produce videos.

Also seeing people here say that LInus still did LTT store plugs and monetized the video seems really tone deaf and inappropriate as this should be a serious video.

Just now, Kravatie1 said:

like we don't even know if its true or not but everyone is assuming its automatically true

It’s just more likely than not 

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

So no response at all to the whole Madison situation huh?

It really makes all the comments in the video where they talk about "keeping employees happy and well fed" ring hollow.

I just HOPE it's because they didn't know about it before publishing the video, but if they published this video knowing fair well about Madison's tweet - I mean there'd be no words for that.

Please address this - and for all LTT fans (I am/was one of you!), please do not just take this video as proof and drop it. Not until they address her experiences at work.

Edit:

And on that note it's also tone deaf to start plugging your new screwdriver colors in this video jesus christ guys.

1 minute ago, RoseLuck462 said:

Dang was he on the verge of (crocodile) tears here?

IMG_4066.thumb.jpeg.f2dda2c35d7f41d62e80bdbb7bdfa310.jpeg

Are you for real? Ffs, people suck. The man is feeling the weight of almost destroying his legacy by doing emotional responses and you say he's shedding crocodile tears?

Saw the video upload and immediately came here, I've started to notice more Cloudflare captchas and longer verification before I can even use the site. What's going on?

1 minute ago, TheSaiyan said:

This was heartbreaking to read...

Just like the billet labs, we don't have the full story and i'm pretty sure some parts are exagerrated. It's madison we're talking about, she is like that.

13 minutes ago, Woddell said:

Billet 'specifically requested' GN not to release. No where does it say LMG/LTT couldn't.

LMG did not ask permission for sell. Neither to disclose the monetary value. The story keep being the same...

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

Good video, and a solid response to the given criticism by the entire team. Each owning up to their responsibility in the issues that were presented. I believe it. In terms of the Madison allegations, I'm not going to say anything until more than a he/she/they said situation presents itself.

Godspeed LTT.

Made an early reply that I'd like to redact after watching the LMG video response.

LMG should improve itself with the sole intention of crushing Gamers Nexus. Do the job so well that they can't compete anymore. Then buy them. It's what they deserve. At least, that's what I'd do to the bastards that made my wife that uncomfortable.

Member 4250

Just now, ramp said:

So no response at all to the whole Madison situation huh?

It really makes all the comments in the video where they talk about "keeping employees happy and well fed" ring hollow.

I just HOPE it's because they didn't know about it before publishing the video, but if they published this video knowing fair well about Madison's tweet - I mean there'd be no words for that.

Please address this - and for all LTT fans (I am/was one of you!), please do not just take this video as proof and drop it. Not until they address her experiences at work.

like multiple people have said before, it was too early for them/video would of needed to be re-done, its probably more for legal people