Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

11 minutes ago, Someona said:

Why are you quoting me and not the guy who said that inappropriate sex joke is sexual harassment if a coworker doesn't like it?

I think your breaking down because I don't even understand what you are saying.

Stop pretending you don't know the difference between a "deez nuts" video made for social media in a company that makes those kinds of jokes in videos all the time and someone asking you in a not-for-air office setting how you like to fuck, asking you to twerk for them or suggesting interpersonal conflict is "just sexual tension".

If you're gonna play Internet Alan Dershowitz you're gonna need to try a bit harder than "but but but she said deez nuts in a video!"

13 minutes ago, Mertrodome said:

If you're gonna play Internet Alan Dershowitz you're gonna need to try a bit harder than "but but but she said deez nuts in a video!"

Except no,

Context is "Dance for me" joke made to Linus and posters here made the point on how it was sexual harassment as well if anyone didn't like the joke,

and how it's evidence that "Sexual harassment" was a regular thing in the office.

But those people didn't know that Madison as well has told sex jokes to Linus at the workplace, so they've implicitly made her a potential sexual harasses by trying so hard to paint the company as bad.

And now that I've pointed it out the hypocrisy of course you go """try a bit harder than "but but but she said deez nuts in a video!" """

Now it is magically okay to tell sex jokes at the workplace since Madison was the one to tell them,

It just further proves the hypocrisy and agenda of the posters here,

2 minutes ago, Someona said:

Except no,

Context is "Dance for me" joke made to Linus and posters here made the point on how it was sexual harassment as well if anyone didn't like the joke,

and how it's evidence that "Sexual harassment" was a regular thing in the office.

But those people didn't know that Madison as well has told sex jokes to Linus at the workplace, so they've implicitly made her a potential sexual harasses by trying so hard to paint the company as bad.

And now that I've pointed it out the hypocrisy of course you go """try a bit harder than "but but but she said deez nuts in a video!" """

Now it is magically okay to tell sex jokes at the workplace since Madison was the one to tell them,

Which is why the part about POWER imbalances matters.  It is possible for a superior to harass a subordinate, or for equals to harass eachother.  However, a subordinate cannot harass a superior (in general).  

Mere jokes are not the issue here.  The issue is that hands were laid on, and sexual things that were not jokes at all were said.   Asking someone how they like to do it is not a joke. Neither is putting hands on them. 

2 minutes ago, Someona said:

There are definitely agendas going on here. In every direction.   Some who want the victim to be an angel and others who think the victim was the devil.  

20 minutes ago, Someona said:

But those people didn't know that Madison as well has told sex jokes to Linus at the workplace, so they've implicitly made her a potential sexual harasses by trying so hard to paint the company as bad

In a scripted video vs an all hands HR meeting.

one of these things is not like the other thing…

I can punch someone in a boxing ring, no problem.

I punch the same person in the car park and that’s very different.

The joke is telling in a few ways all subtly different.

If it was a running joke, it talks about the culture and is the most favourable reading of it.  I work in a blue collar industry I’ve heard a lot worse.  But generally the workers aren’t that stupid any more because it’s been drilled into them.  Do not make stupid jokes in front of the people who job is to protect the company from your stupid jokes.

If it was a joke that people knew that was made about the person the meeting was about that’s a whole new level of problems.  Aka it was a “joke” to ask maddie to dance on tables for them and it’s top kek to reference that. Aka this is Corp bs and we all know what the real deal is, wink.

The fact that the employee felt comfortable to make said joke and no mangers shut that down right there tells everyone else in that room that that behaviour is ok and acceptable.

20 minutes ago, Uttamattamakin said:

Which is why the part about POWER imbalances matters.  It is possible for a superior to harass a subordinate, or for equals to harass eachother.  However, a subordinate cannot harass a superior (in general).  

Mere jokes are not the issue here.  The issue is that hands were laid on, and sexual things that were not jokes at all were said.   Asking someone how they like to do it is not a joke. Neither is putting hands on them. 

There are definitely agendas going on here. In every direction.   Some who want the victim to be an angel and others who think the victim was the devil.  

This. I said sexual jokes can be harassment and absolutely are in my workplace. my employer set that culture and staff know thats unacceptable behavior.

In ltt, management appears to engage in this behavior they make it appear permissible to others and sets the workplace culture for all the employees.

as i said before but twisted by others madison is not alleging sexual jokes but touching, bullying, and sexual harassment. 

The reality is linus is the head of the company he can easy set the tone for everyone. 

If you believe that tiktok was sexual harassment its only tolerated because management has set the workplace culture where thats tolerated.

Linus and his management team sets the workplace culture.

They wont like the findings of the investigator they bring in. I think will point to toxic workplace culture inside the company.

I doubt we will see the full results.

19 minutes ago, Uttamattamakin said:

Some who want the victim to be an angel and others who think the victim was the devil.  

Or there isn't a victim at all, way of you to assume things without evidence, possible agenda as well?

19 minutes ago, S_g said:

In a scripted video vs an all hands HR meeting.

The fact that the employee felt comfortable to make said joke and no mangers shut that down right there tells everyone else in that room that that behaviour is ok and acceptable.

There isn't evidence that was scripted video. She told sex jokes in the setting up video "long boiiii" and similar, she did them for the official TikTok as well.

I mean of course people would be comfortable telling the "Dance for me" joke, when Madison who told sex jokes wasn't reported to the authorities.

5 minutes ago, tech.guru said:

This. I said sexual jokes can be harassment and absolutely are in my workplace. my employer set that culture and staff know thats unacceptable behavior.

as i said before but twisted by others madison is not alleging sexual jokes but touching, bullying, and sexual harassment. 

"Madison is not alleging sexual jokes, but sexual harassment."

But you were adamant that sexual jokes were harassment if anyone at the workplace didn't like them not two comments ago.

So by your own standards Madison is alleging sexual harassment, but we also have evidence of her possibly committing sexual harassment.

Why is everyone taking her versions of events at facts and not the story of someone who has an axe to grind?

1)The first part of her tweets she seems upset she had a lot of work to do and it was called ""dogshit" I was called "incompetent". (What is it was?)

2)"Put on my big girl pants" (Whats wrong with that? If I had a dime for every time I hear this in a week I would never have to work again)

3) Being scared you might be fired if you don't do your job is part of adulting.

4)Why do people feel they are entitled to know what happened after they take a complaint to their managers or HR? How does she know if those allegation where investigated? They may of been and if it was he said she said and no one backs up her claims it could look bad on her.

5) Payed sick day (I doubt LMG is the only place that offers you sick days but discourages you from using them. I know many places if you miss more then 2 days of work in a 6mo time you are subjected to a write up. Yes if you are sick stay home know I personally have a high standard on when to call out and that goes back to my time in the military where you have to be sick enough to have to see a doctor be you can miss work.)

Maybe I'm a boomer but none of that sounded like a toxic work environment. To me it sounds like a high pace close nit work environment where she may of not of been a good fit.

24 minutes ago, Someona said:

Or there isn't a victim at all, way of you to assume things without evidence, possible agenda as well?

There isn't evidence that was scripted video. She told sex jokes in the setting up video "long boiiii" and similar, she did them for the official TikTok as well.

I mean of course people would be comfortable telling the "Dance for me" joke, when Madison who told sex jokes wasn't reported to the authorities.

"Madison is not alleging sexual jokes, but sexual harassment."

But you were adamant that sexual jokes were harassment if anyone at the workplace didn't like them not two comments ago.

So by your own standards Madison is alleging sexual harassment, but we also have evidence of her possibly committing sexual harassment.

Yes she may have so? Even if you were to believe what you said, its actually worse for a company to have toxic culture where potential sexual harassment was common place and permitted without any conquences.

sexual jokes can be harassment. Its not a discussion.

she may have made a joke and offended (or not) someone that doesnt change anything about her experience and doesnt permit the bullying, touching, or other things she alleged to have experienced by others.

What is even your argument? Are you seriously arguing its okay to abuse and harrass an employee because they made a sexual joke?

I doubt the script says make a sexual innuendo about your boss, that's all her.

Also you bet she's seen the LTT videos before working there, she knew she wasn't going to an uptight corporate culture. That's where she went, because she thought it would be fun, because the videos are fun.

1 hour ago, Someona said:

Except no,

I never said that what James said to Linuns was sexual harassment either, or that it was evidence of anything really. I've not even mentioned that anywhere in this entire thread.

The point you seem to be failing to grasp is that it doesn't matter if she made a stupid joke for social media since that was her job. Do you think if it was considered inappropriate they'd have let her post it on their official channels? But even if she made those kinds of jokes offline as well, nobody gets a free pass to harass someone in the ways she described.

If what she says happened is true, then she doesn't somehow "deserve it" more because she said "deez nuts" to Linus for a work TikTok post. If what she says happened isn't true, then it still doesn't matter that she made that video anyway. You're trying to "prove" something that doesn't matter at all, regardless of the truth of the situation.

39 minutes ago, NavyEmt said:

Why is everyone taking her versions of events at facts and not the story of someone who has an axe to grind?

1)The first part of her tweets she seems upset she had a lot of work to do and it was called ""dogshit" I was called "incompetent". (What is it was?)

2)"Put on my big girl pants" (Whats wrong with that? If I had a dime for every time I hear this in a week I would never have to work again)

3) Being scared you might be fired if you don't do your job is part of adulting.

4)Why do people feel they are entitled to know what happened after they take a complaint to their managers or HR? How does she know if those allegation where investigated? They may of been and if it was he said she said and no one backs up her claims it could look bad on her.

5) Payed sick day (I doubt LMG is the only place that offers you sick days but discourages you from using them. I know many places if you miss more then 2 days of work in a 6mo time you are subjected to a write up. Yes if you are sick stay home know I personally have a high standard on when to call out and that goes back to my time in the military where you have to be sick enough to have to see a doctor be you can miss work.)

Maybe I'm a boomer but none of that sounded like a toxic work environment. To me it sounds like a high pace close nit work environment where she may of not of been a good fit.

You don't think it is problematic being called r*tarded and f*ggot in workplace?

1 minute ago, Matti8888 said:

You don't think it is problematic being called r*tarded and f*ggot in workplace?

Who is to say IF that accuracy happened?

3 minutes ago, castlev said:

I doubt the script says make a sexual innuendo about your boss, that's all her.

Have you ever seen an LTT video? They make that joke, and others similar to it, all the time. Heck there was a thread here the other day talking about how they have innuendo in just about every video these days. It's extremely on-brand for there to be some stupid LTT "deez nuts" joke that gets put on social. You think if it had been deemed inappropriate for their brand they'd have just left the post up? Or allowed her to post it in the first place?

So maybe it's all on her. Maybe it was "go get Linus with a deez nuts or something" by her boss. Maybe it was literally 100% scripted. Who really knows. It literally doesn't matter.

11 minutes ago, NavyEmt said:

Who is to say IF that accuracy happened?

True, but you seemed to imply the claims Madison has made are not a big deal in a high pace close knit work environment. If you didn't mean to imply that, I misunderstood.

26 minutes ago, Mertrodome said:

Have you ever seen an LTT video? They make that joke, and others similar to it, all the time.

That's what I'm saying, they joke like that all the time and I don't think that part is scripted, unless they are acting their reactions when they laugh about it. That's her being her.

6 minutes ago, Matti8888 said:

True, but you seemed to imply the claims Madison has made are not a big deal in a high pace close knit work environment. If you didn't mean to imply that, I misunderstood.

I'm just skeptical of those claims, again I go to this could also be an isolated incident that has already been dealt with by LMG.

37 minutes ago, NavyEmt said:

I'm just skeptical of those claims, again I go to this could also be an isolated incident that has already been dealt with by LMG.

True. It is also possible the accusations are true and the persons that were harassing her are still employed by Linus Media Group and have suffered no repercussions for their actions. We simply don't know at the moment and it might be we will never know.

1 minute ago, Matti8888 said:

True. It is also possible the accusations are true and the persons that were harassing her are still employed by Linus Media Group and have suffered no repercussions for their actions. We simply don't know at the moment and it might be we will never know.

Define "repercussions" There may of been a punishment we do not know about nor Madison.

3 hours ago, Matti8888 said:

Literally no. I hear that every other day at my work. Younger / smaller companies don't have to be censored, generally speaking. But once they start growing past 50ish, that's when problems start to arise. For a multitude of reasons. Regulations, requiring HR, people like you. 

6 minutes ago, Uzrathixius said:

Literally no. I hear that every other day at my work. Younger / smaller companies don't have to be censored, generally speaking. But once they start growing past 50ish, that's when problems start to arise. For a multitude of reasons. Regulations, requiring HR, people like you. 

Well, I think you should call everyone that and see how long it takes for you to be beaten blue.

It is NOT okay to call others slurs or plain insult their work for no reason. You may be okay with it, but the majority don't.

35 minutes ago, AHPanda said:

Well, I think you should call everyone that and see how long it takes for you to be beaten blue.

It is NOT okay to call others slurs or plain insult their work for no reason. You may be okay with it, but the majority don't.

No no, it's obviously okay if there are 50ish or less employees. Obviously!

1 hour ago, Uzrathixius said:

Your workplace sounds pretty toxic ngl

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

7 minutes ago, Basti0815 said:

Evidence?

Nobody seems to care.

Well you seem to care enough to create a fresh account, I to reclaim mine after years of inactivity and many others too.