Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

7 minutes ago, Madpaatch said:

I'm just curious how this Madison situation will develop and wondering if the one week pause isn't by any chance related (sponsors pulling out remembering #MeToo avalanche?)

While the video didn't release until after the allegations were made, they most certainly wrote and recorded it before that point, so I doubt the two are related.

The allegations may of course have played into other decisions, such as whether to do a WAN Show this week.

But I'm pretty sure the week off from production was already planned before anything to do with Madison was revealed.

9 minutes ago, Madpaatch said:

I'm just curious how this Madison situation will develop and wondering if the one week pause isn't by any chance related (sponsors pulling out remembering #MeToo avalanche?)

More bad behavior will come to light. This is only the tip of the iceberg. It could be the end for Linus.

8 minutes ago, Madpaatch said:

Legal matters tend to take months or years to be settled.  Short term it's going to be "We've hired and outside firm to investigate and our legal counsel is handling this matter, we have no further comment.  Now lets move on to those new HEDT threadripper CPU's!"  ... sometimes months to a year later after various legal processes play out we'll really know what's up. 

Really wonder how much attention this topic would have received if a man reported the same experiences.

Personally i think not even 10% , but who knows.

Either way hopefully justice gets met after a fair investigation, since both work harassment and baseless public slandering have no place in a civilized society.

For strange that may seem... IMVHO no man would admit that. Men do not cry, solve from themselves problems, they carry on... And could take a lot of years to admit issues.

James from Hacksmith industries took... a lot of time to say "help me", look into issues and start coping with. Different kind of problem/trauma, so not exactly comparing. But in some countries... men endure. No other.

So I hope that in any country, soon, anyone could ask for help, without risk of retailation.

But we are humanity, so it won't happen.

(not implying anything about allegations made by Madison...)

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

Just now, mMontana said:

For strange that may seem... IMVHO no man would admit that. Men do not cry, solve from themselves problems, they carry on... And could take a lot of years to admit issues.

James from Hacksmith industries took... a lot of time to say "help me", look into issues and start coping with. Different kind of problem/trauma, so not exactly comparing. But in some countries... men endure. No other.

So I hope that in any country, soon, anyone could ask for help, without risk of retailation.

But we are humanity, so it won't happen.

(not implying anything about allegations made by Madison...)

See also the experiences of people like Brendan Fraser and Terry Crews. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

James was a "close enough" environment that I remember, other "public facing" persons admitted issues and they asked for help.

And this... helps people for ask help.

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

38 minutes ago, illuanonx said:

More bad behavior will come to light. This is only the tip of the iceberg. It could be the end for Linus.

"Could be" lol. Word of mouth is stronger than people think. It's the end.

CPU: 7900X

GPU: 7900XTX

RAM: 32 GBs DDR5

Another ex LTT employee helps substantiate some of madisons details

Taran Van Hemert a Canadian YouTuber, formerly the main editor of Linus Tech Tips and all of their subsidiary channels such as Channel Super Fun, TechQuickie, TechLinked, etc. He officially left LTT on May 4th, 2022; after being in the company (Linus Media Group) since the channel creation in 2011

4 minutes ago, tech.guru said:

Another ex LTT employee helps substantiate some of madisons details

Taran

"substantiate" I don't think that word means what you think it means

10 minutes ago, tech.guru said:

Given one of the incidents, she claimed her pc was slow and needed more RAM and she suffered harassment for upgrading without approval. it absolutely gives credence to some of the events she describes.

I would say it does partially help substantiate some of her claims.

Don't be a blind fanboy.

It's hard to believe that a company like LTT would deny RAM. An employee with a tech background and 10 seconds to spare, could validate her claim with Task Manager. Considering she could barely build a PC, I wouldn't take her word for it about what the problem was, and RAM probably wasn't it. So, she decided to do what she wanted and upgraded the RAM because she thought she knew best.

5 minutes ago, castlev said:

It's hard to believe that a company like LTT would deny RAM. It would take ANY employee that's been in the videos 5 minutes to validate her claim about the lack of RAM being the issue. Task Manager would tell you right away. Considering she could barely build a PC, I wouldn't take her word for it about what the problem was, and RAM probably wasn't it. So, she decided to do what she wanted and upgraded the RAM because she thought she knew best.

Read the comment. Another LTT staff member (who was the main editor at the time) was helping her find out why her pc was slow and suggested she needed more ram.

He tweeted this out.

So please stop and look at the evidence.

Things are coming out to at least partly support her story.

5 minutes ago, castlev said:

It's hard to believe that a company like LTT would deny RAM.

We’ve seen how good the inventory management is with billet labs.

The more sinister read on it is they deliberately gave the new hire a garbage PC as a form of hazing or setting them up to fail.

I’ve seen similar in other workplaces where people will be given “functional” tools but not the “good stuff” and then get compared in probation to existing staff as a way to easily fire someone if they have to.

3 minutes ago, castlev said:

Considering she could barely build a PC, I wouldn't take her word for it about what the problem was, and RAM probably wasn't it.

Taran told her she needed more RAM. So even if that wasn't the root cause, you can hardly blame her for believing it when a very experienced, long-term senior staff member told her that was the case.

Just now, tech.guru said:

Read the comment. Another LTR staff member (who was the main editor at the time) was helping her find out why her pc was slow and suggested she needed more ram.

He tweeted this out.

So please stop and look at the evidence.

An editor? I'm sure they have an IT helpdesk, the proper support channel for that. You don't listen to an editor and go off and do your own thing and raid the tech supply closet.

12 minutes ago, castlev said:

It's hard to believe that a company like LTT would deny RAM. It would take ANY employee with a tech background 10 seconds to validate her claim about the lack of RAM being the issue. Task Manager would tell you right away. Considering she could barely build a PC, I wouldn't take her word for it about what the problem was, and RAM probably wasn't it. So, she decided to do what she wanted and upgraded the RAM because she thought she knew best.

There is a difference between lacking PC building experience and knowing you need more RAM lmao.

2 minutes ago, castlev said:

An editor? I'm sure they have an IT helpdesk, the proper support channel for that. You don't listen to an editor and go off and do your own thing and raid the tech supply closet.

Thats not important. Im not looking to argue the validity of if her PC needs more RAM.

Its the situation, is more believable given we know some of the details have been corroborated by a third party.

1 minute ago, castlev said:

"I needed more RAM installed in my PC for months because I was expected to edit RED footage. It took 5 months and a writer being kind enough to do it for me when the numerous requests I sent in were ignored or put off"

Sounds like she did request it through proper channels and eventually, after months of waiting, someone else just installed it for her.

7 minutes ago, castlev said:

An editor? I'm sure they have an IT helpdesk, the proper support channel for that.

Lol No apparently.  From the apology video apparently there isn’t even proper documentation of the hardware that keeps the company running.

This is LMG we are taking about who has rapidly grown from a bunch of very tech savvy people who would have scoffed at the idea of needing a IT help desk to the 120 it is now.  

"I needed more RAM installed in my PC for months because I was expected to edit RED footage. It took 5 months and a writer being kind enough to do it for me when the numerous requests I sent in were ignored or put off"

which makes it sound deliberate hazing, or incomptant by either not training new starters the proper procedures/manager not doing there job.

"cool it lights up on top" - that's what she got from looking at the specs for the RAM on the front of the box. (11:44, should be auto marked)

6 minutes ago, tech.guru said:

Who said that 100% of her story was false? It was 60 tweet story with 200 things claimed,

We have 0 evidence for the controversial things she claimed.

No one doubts that she was required to tweet 3 times a day.

But that doesn't mean because that part of the story is true, every other part is. And he didn't collaborate any of the controversial claims of the story.

9 minutes ago, S_g said:

Lol No apparently.  From the apology video apparently there isn’t even proper documentation of the hardware that keeps the company running.

This is LMG we are taking about who has rapidly grown from a bunch of very tech savvy people who would have scoffed at the idea of needing a IT help desk to the 120 it is now.  

which makes it sound deliberate hazing, or incomptant by either not training new starters the proper procedures/manager not doing there job.

Unless everybody is in on a conspiracy to ruin her life, a helpdesk manager would lambaste their IT employee if a RAM upgrade ticket opened by her was still open after 2 weeks, let alone 5 months. Are you kidding me?

1 minute ago, Someona said:

Who said that 100% of her story was false? It was 60 tweet story with 200 things claimed,

We have 0 evidence for the controversial things she claimed.

No one doubts that she was required to tweet 3 times a day.

But that doesn't mean because that part of the story is true, every other part is. And he didn't collaborate any of the controversial claims of the story.

He mentioned she told him of some of the abuse at the time she quit.

unfortunately, abuse in the workplace like this is rarely witnessed first hand. Verbal statements are sometimes very difficult to subsitaiate.

All im saying, her story is getting more believable as others are willing to say they heard about the alleged abuse at the time and some of the details line up.