Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

6 minutes ago, Emperor Anime said:

I made my argument really clear. Broader society doesn't operate by the standards of criminal law. lol. There is no obligation for anyone outside of a criminal trial to apply the standards of "beyond a reasonable doubt".

My point with OJ Simpson is that he was found not guilty, meaning his guilt wasn't proved beyond a reasonable doubt according to his jury, but in the court of public opinion he was guilty and stayed guilty and was subject to all kinds of civil proceedings. The rest of the world doesn't need to abide by that standard, is the point. Nor do they.

Still don't get how does this apply here?

Her allegations can be criminal and if it was me or a member of my family I would insist on it. And again, the law recognises that and allows it. The rest of the world? What does that have to do with anything?

21 minutes ago, buttpoop said:

Okay, let's talk about what that looks like.

She goes to the police with no physical evidence. The police will not charge them. Nothing happens. 

Then what?

Edit:

What will the police do? Google what happens if an assault occurs with no evidence.

You mean like Jussie Smollie?

Also I listened to your advice

image.png.42cf5a84a9a4d9afdf979568fa09bcbc.png

26 minutes ago, Electricity Taster said:

On paper, yes. But we've "known" Linus for years. He's always been a decent person and I think what has happened is just a matter of boundaries slowly being pushed and him not noticing.

I'm going to make some predictions based on wise experience. This is not what I want to happen, but what I believe will happen assuming no more fires break out:

-The Madison allegations will be investigated and the people responsible will be fired. Yvonne will be the one to explain this on camera.
-LMG will offer to buy out Billet.
-The WAN show becomes separate from LTT/Floatplane. The LMG CEO will write a weekly newsletter that gets posted on the forums and read on the WAN show.
-New procedures will be designed to enable blind testing at the LTT labs.
-The turd-shaped, brown Noctua screwdriver gets cancelled.
-A new video gets uploaded to Linus Cat Tips in exactly 9 days.
-The storm will blow over in under a month (back to school amnesia). LTT store revenue will drop 33% during this period and then return to normal.
-In the coming years, LMG will hire 40% more women (this is what Hollywood did after #MeToo).

Hmmm. 

I think this is a nice game to play. 

What will happen after this is over?

34 minutes ago, Electricity Taster said:

On paper, yes. But we've "known" Linus for years. He's always been a decent person and I think what has happened is just a matter of boundaries slowly being pushed and him not noticing.

I'm going to make some predictions based on wise experience. This is not what I want to happen, but what I believe will happen assuming no more fires break out:

-The Madison allegations will be investigated and the people responsible will be fired. Yvonne will be the one to explain this on camera.
-LMG will offer to buy out Billet.
-The WAN show becomes separate from LTT/Floatplane. The LMG CEO will write a weekly newsletter that gets posted on the forums and read on the WAN show.
-New procedures will be designed to enable blind testing at the LTT labs.
-The turd-shaped, brown Noctua screwdriver gets cancelled.
-A new video gets uploaded to Linus Cat Tips in exactly 9 days.
-The storm will blow over in under a month (back to school amnesia). LTT store revenue will drop 33% during this period and then return to normal.
-In the coming years, LMG will hire 40% more women (this is what Hollywood did after #MeToo).

Interesting.   

Here's what I believe will happen:

- The Madison allegations will be investigated.   The third party investigators will find serious problems with LTT's policies, procedures and training around harassment and have numerous recommendations on how to improve.    Nothing will be said about Madison's specific complaints.

- Linus will release a (non-monetized) video apologizing and promising to do better (and promoting the new LTT screwdriver)

- Linus will also attempt to deflect and blame things on company growth or his intense drive or changes to the company or other things to make it "not really his fault"

- The community will largely forget about the issue and move on

- Terren will implement the recommendations and LTT staff will see a marked reduction in awful behaviour

- Certain LTT staff will be pushed out.   The departure will appear consensual, but it won't be.

- Gender ratios at LMG will improve drastically

Sorry, I'm old and jaded.   I don't trust any corporation to self-investigate.   I strongly suspect this third party will be required by contract to keep their findings secret.   Even if/when they find support for Madison's claims, I suspect it will be up to LTT whether it is disclosed it or not.   I'm guessing "not".

Also, just to be clear...few of us "know" Linus at all.  We "know" a character he plays on YouTube.  

Unless you know him personally/professionally, you have no way of judging whether he is a decent person or not. 

9 minutes ago, Mutex01 said:

Unless you know him personally/professionally, you have no way of judging whether he is a decent person or not. 

True. He may be worse than he seems, he may be better than he seems.

1 hour ago, spartaman64 said:

If Xqc isn't talking out of his a** then the new CEO and Yvonne need to just put Linus in a room with no internet and some flowers to water. And keep him there until further notice... Jesus Christ Linus. You are looking for advice there?? I really am loosing any hope for you. I really hope this is just BS.

It's a reflection of people's values.

Companies suck, they exist to make their officers rich.  The more successful you are, the better you must have been at exploiting people.

So LMG is as bad as you'd expect a North American company to be, and has the sexual harassment and somewhat more blatant abuse problems you get at small companies run by non-professional techies.

So much for the fantasy!

Unionize the continent so that that workers have some power to counteract the greed and power trips of their bosses and so that their working conditions can be improved.

That's the solution.  And don't expect people to have bucked the trend and miraculously have better values than their neighbors.  Linus is a pretty thoughtful guy, but it turned out that his values when it came to his employees weren't any better than average.  It's really not a surprise.

28 minutes ago, Reclus said:

If Xqc isn't talking out of his a** then the new CEO and Yvonne need to just put Linus in a room with no internet and some flowers to water. And keep him there until further notice... Jesus Christ Linus. You are looking for advice there?? I really am loosing any hope for you. I really hope this is just BS.

xQc is a very unreliable narrator.

This is a guy who does not admit fault, constantly deflects criticism, and people keep watching him. Then again, the impression I've been given multiple times is that people mostly hate-watch xQc. It's a twitch culture thing where either you watch someone because you love them, and throw money at them, or you watch them because they "suck" and you're actually waiting for an opportunity to embarrass them further by taking the tantrum clips to reddit.

Either way THAT is a nothingburger. It's only news because xQc is that kind of bad friend.

2 minutes ago, Kisai said:

xQc is a very unreliable narrator.

This is a guy who does not admit fault, constantly deflects criticism, and people keep watching him. Then again, the impression I've been given multiple times is that people mostly hate-watch xQc. It's a twitch culture thing where either you watch someone because you love them, and throw money at them, or you watch them because they "suck" and you're actually waiting for an opportunity to embarrass them further by taking the tantrum clips to reddit.

Either way THAT is a nothingburger. It's only news because xQc is that kind of bad friend.

Could you summarize xQc so that I don't have to watch his damn stream?

14 minutes ago, JoshuaScholar said:

It's a reflection of people's values.

Companies suck, they exist to make their officers rich.  The more successful you are, the better you must have been at exploiting people.

So LMG is as bad as you'd expect a North American company to be, and has the sexual harassment and somewhat more blatant abuse problems you get at small companies run by non-professional techies.

So much for the fantasy!

Unionize the continent so that that workers have some power to counteract the greed and power trips of their bosses and so that their working conditions can be improved.

That's the solution.  And don't expect people to have bucked the trend and miraculously have better values than their neighbors.  Linus is a pretty thoughtful guy, but it turned out that his values when it came to his employees weren't any better than average.  It's really not a surprise.

The problem is unions are greedy pigs. Once they get the environment and conditions settled they have nothing else to contribute so they start reaching for greedy things like even more pay, more time off, more this more that, just to justify their continued existence. 

Unions are not always the solution. 

6 minutes ago, JoshuaScholar said:

Could you summarize xQc so that I don't have to watch his damn stream?

Low-rent edgelord that screeches a lot and has a legion of fans who think he's some kind of whimsical god like Kefka.

Just now, Ferkner said:

The problem is unions are greedy pigs. Once they get the environment and conditions settled they have nothing else to contribute so they start reaching for greedy things like even more pay, more time off, more this more that, just to justify their continued existence. 

Yes, they make the rich people who don't do the work SUFFER too much by making the lives of the actual workers TOO GOOD.  Oh no!  You're right, we should stop wanting to improve conditions of the lives of the vast majority!

After all, the last thing we should want is for the majority of people to experience having time and money!

3 minutes ago, Ferkner said:

The funniest part about the 'THEY SHOULD UNIONIZE' calls is... unions don't just happen overnight. It takes a long time for a union to fully form, be mandated, be legally recognized, and function. Like 18 month turnaround, unless they can join SAG or the writer's guild or something.

2 minutes ago, schwarzerrogen said:

Low-rent edgelord that screeches a lot and has a legion of fans who think he's some kind of whimsical god like Kefka.

Haha, I was going to say in my limited time seeing a stream of his it reminded me of the adult personification of screeching lobby kids. 

4 minutes ago, schwarzerrogen said:

The funniest part about the 'THEY SHOULD UNIONIZE' calls is... unions don't just happen overnight. It takes a long time for a union to fully form, be mandated, be legally recognized, and function. Like 18 month turnaround, unless they can join SAG or the writer's guild or something.

Uh, why is that funny?

Things taking time has never been funny to me!

Just now, JoshuaScholar said:

Uh, why is that funny?

Things taking time has never been funny to me!

Funny in the way that some people think that will just magically fix everything in a short timeframe. Some people don't realize unions are typically slow AF to move when forming. Even long running unions are typically slow; only the Baseball Players union seems to move fast and for the true benefit of their memebership. If you want to read on a truly effective union that does real work, read on the MLBPA and Marvin Miller. MM managed to sell complex economic and collective bargaining and action to professional athletes in the 60s. The MLBPA is a shining example of a union being passionate about it's membership and their wellbeing  and the wellbeing of memebers not yet protected (future memebers).

1 minute ago, schwarzerrogen said:

Funny in the way that some people think that will just magically fix everything in a short timeframe. Some people don't realize unions are typically slow AF to move when forming. Even long running unions are typically slow; only the Baseball Players union seems to move fast and for the true benefit of their memebership. If you want to read on a truly effective union that does real work, read on the MLBPA and Marvin Miller. MM managed to sell complex economic and collective bargaining and action to professional athletes in the 60s. The MLBPA is a shining example of a union being passionate about it's membership and their wellbeing  and the wellbeing of memebers not yet protected (future memebers).

I never thought that once.

What I DO think is that nothing else can possibly work.

You're not as good at mind reading as you think you are.

Just now, JoshuaScholar said:

I never thought that once.

What I DO think is that nothing else can possibly work.

You're not as good at mind reading as you think you are.

I never implied you thought that. Nor do I want people to think I am anti-union; I am very pro-union. It's just I've seen a lot of people calling for unionization, and I would imagine a large number of those people are not in unions or have truly dealt with unions. Unionizing is not a simple or easy process. And there are examples were unionization has made situations worse.

Unions are a form of democracy.

So they're horrible, up close. People are power hungry, they're liars, they're unpleasant.

But the further away from democracy you are, either in government or at work, the worse you're being exploited.

"Democracy is the worst system, except for all of the others that have been tried."

People who expect a rose garden don't live in reality!

1 hour ago, Ferkner said:

Union also not the best dealing with worker misconducts as most of the one doing it would be the member of the union and can be a high level one if the person is a senior employee.

The issue here is between LMG employee harass another employee and not between Linus vs employee.

No one has spoken about Collins's last tweet, an ex former LTT worker.

This goes two ways, LTT statement of investigating. They already knew if Collin knew too? 

Edit: also, him saying "It takes balls to post that" makes me think that he knows going against LTT, a corporation, will end up in losing, even if it's about bad stuff or touching someone inappropriately

Screenshot_20230817-223921_Twitter.png

Thing is going downhill, remember Collin helped her as he could

20230817_225535.thumb.jpg.5a3502078294ccd0eed1023ae9f49094.jpg

I loved LTT, I feel uncomfortable now watching the vids with everyone, even the fun vids with Madison... I was hoping things were gonna change and be fixed, now it's worse...

I'm gonna wait for the investigation and look at what was found

On 8/16/2023 at 3:30 AM, mMontana said:

I know nothing about Madison and LMG labour relation. 

I cannot say if what Madison writes on twitter is true or not, timing is anyway... odd. And I'm asking myself why this was not reported to authorities in due time, if unlegal or vessatory.

I feel uncomfortable that something like that is discussed here, into a space of the other party of this supposed quarrel.

Collin added his grain of sand, it seems real 

2 hours ago, Ferkner said:

Absolutely garbage.  As this incident suggests.

My bias here is strong (as a union rep) but havaing a second person in the room would have solved at least some of problems and there would have been a paper trail stored offsite with a 3rd party of the conversations that happened.

Being a witness to a discussion between a employee and a manager is not a comfortable thing to do but having a 3rd person in the room that knows the laws removes alot of the emotion out of it and forces managers to calm down and be rational and respectful.

Forcing an employee to be exposed to explicit material (only fans) in the workplace after they have made a complaint is what will be the smoking gun.  

That’s pretty cut and dry failures of management and text book sexual harassment in most jurisdictions.

2 hours ago, Ferkner said:

You'd be so surprised that me, working at Walmart, in a union, has gotten to a livable wage and bonuses that were deserved by hard work

Unions work! Greedy corps don't want them because they don't want people to live, but my god, don't say unions are greedy pigs and not a solution, ever. That's hard coming from a Walmart employee where the brand has the worse treat of people, we unionized, and a lot has gotten better the last year.

Imagine if LTT workers were unionized before Madison, this stuff wouldn't have happen, they may have spoken up since they had backup in that fictional scenario. A third power between managers/CEO and employers, is always better than 1 to 1, it leaves the workers protected if there's witness as S_g stated above