Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

17 minutes ago, wreakinghavoc said:

didn't sound like that to me, only thing bad about it was James' attempt at a joke. 

Not really.
The timing tells a lot but also Linus starts the meeting stating the motivation for it are some "rumors".
After that, we tries to pull the "we are a family" (not directly tho) which is typically used to keep things in house (why?).
He strongly incentivizes everyone to solve your problems directly with the person that have caused them (not good if we are talking about sexual harassment but also bad if power dynamics apply). Motivation? Well, I'm no expert but I believe anyone can see why this is perfect for a company because leaves no paper trails. Your second option is talk to him or Yvonne, huh.
Finally, almost nobody knew about the anonymous form?
I honestly don't believe that it was just another meeting. Some people have expressed the same opinion way better than I'm able to do so you can also try to search for their posts but yeah, 124 pages.

This font is amazing.

12 minutes ago, yoc said:

Calm down, mate.
We both agree that she did the right thing by coming out with her testimony, then.
We probably both agree that Colin also did the right thing by backing up her claims.

Yeah, I am glad these came out. I kinda think these should have come out earlier. Not alongside this Steve Garbage. But I do understand opportunities and fear. 

I also think she should get some money or something out of this. 

1 minute ago, Chairman Boofy said:

I don't give a single solitary shit about the standards of a "court of law" when it comes to allegations of sexual harassment. Sexual harassment/assault are extremely difficult to prove by those standards, so I am inclined to, you know, actually believe women especially when there's been countless recent examples of serious allegations that were brought up in a similar way that later turned out to be true.

I personally see this as a poor action to take. I understand that it can be difficult to prove, but that doesn't then mean it's OK to throw out all reason and logic and believe an accusation instantly. You act as if there hasn't been cases where allegations turned out false.

I have never understood this mentality of, let's throw innocent people under the bus just in case they are not innocent. And even if they turn out to be innocent, it's all fine even though we destroyed their life, livelihood, and probably caused extreme levels of stress to the point of anxiety and illness... but it's all good. We didn't do anything wrong.

Just now, Mutex01 said:

Apologies, I misunderstood your comment.  The thread is moving fast again and I'm not catching everything.

Yes, accusing her of lying or dismissing her claims outright is incredibly stupid and downright harmful at this point.  

Except no one accused her of lying in this thread recently. The burden of proof is upon her to substantiate things which she hasn't done. 

Being a reactionary SJW blindly attacking others doesn't help anyone either. 

1 minute ago, Silvy said:

I personally see this as a poor action to take. I understand that it can be difficult to prove, but that doesn't then mean it's OK to throw out all reason and logic and believe an accusation instantly. You act as if there hasn't been cases where allegations turned out false.

I have never understood this mentality of, let's throw innocent people under the bus just in case they are not innocent. And even if they turn out to be innocent, it's all fine even though we destroyed their life, livelihood, and probably caused extreme levels of stress to the point of anxiety and illness... but it's all good. We didn't do anything wrong.

The topic of "false reports" when it comes to sexual assault allegations has been studied extensively, and it has been demonstrated that false allegations are rare and dramatically overestimated: https://www.brown.edu/campus-life/health/services/promotion/sexual-assault-dating-violence/myths-about-sexual-assault-reports

As we've learned from recent years with high-profile allegations, they typically turn out to be true in some way far more than they turn out to be false.

And lol at the hyperbole about "throwing people under the bus". No one has had their life destroyed over this yet you drama queen. 

13 minutes ago, Chairman Boofy said:

I don't give a single solitary shit about the standards of a "court of law" when it comes to allegations of sexual harassment. Sexual harassment/assault are extremely difficult to prove by those standards, so I am inclined to, you know, actually believe women especially when there's been countless recent examples of serious allegations that were brought up in a similar way that later turned out to be true.

Look sir/maam, we are all with Madison on this. I truly believe, she should get some money or something out of this. She has my and our total support.

In case that doesn't work, there is always only light bulbs or fans or something

33 minutes ago, Majestic12 said:

LMG is NEVER going to sue her, NEVER. Even if they discover internally she massively exaggerated accusations out of spite they still wouldn't. The backlash would be insane because no-one would trust the results of their investigation and the court case would drag on for years and speculations would cause massive damage to LMG's reputation (which it already has but not to this magnitude).

Madison does have her reputation to lose for what that's worth. After having left LMG she would likely have faded in obscurity and you might say she posted this "testimony" because she wished to come back into the limelight and this is one of the opinions you see floating around as to why she did it regardless of whether her accusations are true or not. It's more likely she felt wronged by LMG and also felt it wasn't right that they acted as if they were this cool friendly company when she had experienced a darker side and wanted to expose it as a kind of retribution for what she had gone through. The Gamer Nexus "hit piece" opened the door to do this and she took her chance.

Are you saying Colin is liying?

9 minutes ago, TeraSeraph said:

Except no one accused her of lying in this thread recently. The burden of proof is upon her to substantiate things which she hasn't done. 

Being a reactionary SJW blindly attacking others doesn't help anyone either. 

You've been accusing her of lying by saying she has no proof, thus implying you feel its safe to dismiss her outright. If you don't get that, you're just dense.

Like what "proof" do you want her to provide when she say she was touched inappropriately? A photo of someone's hand on her ass? Some of you people are egregiously gross lol

But yeah, the last part of that comment totally confirms the "hates women" part lmao

2 minutes ago, Chairman Boofy said:

You've been accusing her of lying by saying she has no proof, thus implying you feel its safe to dismiss her outright. If you don't get that, you're just dense.

But yeah, the last part of that comment totally confirms the "hates women" part lmao

It's been ten years and we've still got people banging on about fucking "SJWs" on the Internet, Jesus Christ I thought they'd all have grown up by now

36 minutes ago, Majestic12 said:

LMG is NEVER going to sue her, NEVER. Even if they discover internally she massively exaggerated accusations out of spite they still wouldn't. The backlash would be insane because no-one would trust the results of their investigation and the court case would drag on for years and speculations would cause massive damage to LMG's reputation (which it already has but not to this magnitude).

Madison does have her reputation to lose for what that's worth. After having left LMG she would likely have faded in obscurity and you might say she posted this "testimony" because she wished to come back into the limelight and this is one of the opinions you see floating around as to why she did it regardless of whether her accusations are true or not. It's more likely she felt wronged by LMG and also felt it wasn't right that they acted as if they were this cool friendly company when she had experienced a darker side and wanted to expose it as a kind of retribution for what she had gone through. The Gamer Nexus "hit piece" opened the door to do this and she took her chance.

Well agreed. Maddie claimed that her twitch fanbase is kinda gone(?). Also she complained, she didn't get much airtime on Youtube at LMG. So OnlyTubeLight now? Maybe, IDK. she needs to get money out of this fiasco, i dont care where it comes from, LMG, GN or OnlyAirConditioning. She deserves it

16 minutes ago, Chairman Boofy said:

I bet any money you will cry to the heavens about the court of law if it will be you on the chopping block unfairly accused.. What a childish take.

Countless examples of serious allegations that turned true?

What about countless examples of the ones that turned to be absolute made up lie?

Go to bed child it is past your bed time.

6 hours ago, Agall said:

It's not judging people by a military standard buddy, its merely a counter for your accusation of, "I don't think you understand how broad the term "mental health" is vast, and by the way"

"There is a massive chance that you or someone close to you either have an undiagnosed mental health issue or will have it during your lifetime." I know several, including immediate family members who experienced some of the worst sides that a military career can provide. People have various levels of stress conditioning; some people can be crippled by an abnormally higher amount of stress relative to baseline brought on by a series of trivial problems and others that can flourish in the same scenario. 

Some people let political differences get to their head and causes them to act irrationally, sometimes it's just a particular person's presence that'll do it. Her referencing the fact that she's a woman as a modifier for how we're supposed to perceive the situation and in her reply to Linus' response of "but, I don't know what I expect from someone who would mock others for not knowing who they were" gives me the suspicion that there's some politics involved. Linus' response simply referencing the entirely legal legitimate avenue for her to use versus blasting it all on Twitter.

I don't think anyone should be trusted simply on their word, having self-proclaimed mental health problems and political messaging makes me less likely to trust the source. Especially with serious allegations which should be investigated either way. 

People however will simply draw a premature conclusion which I believe is driven by their politics and/or past experiences. I for one will wait till anything official happens to draw a conclusion, until then, the burden of proof is on the accuser. 

You mentioned, "…someone confessing 'mental health issues' should have any of their statements viewed with a grain of salt." By saying this, you're insinuating that individuals with mental health challenges—a vast and varied group—shouldn't be believed at face value. Given that you have loved ones who deal with mental health issues, do you similarly doubt their credibility? While you might trust them because they are close to you, does this mean others who aren't familiar with them should not believe or at least take into account their allegations?

So far, her account has been backed up by both past and present employees. No one has come forward to refute her claims, and the leaked meeting adds further weight to her story. While we can't be sure about every detail, we can ignore what she is saying. Rather than imposing impractical standards of some kind or proof, like expecting her to have pursued legal action or recorded her every interaction at work, consider that her allegations are serious and shouldn't be ignored. Don't be a simp. 

About politics driving her, I am more suspicious that it is driving you to look this way instead of her. You just don't want to sound so blatant it here, but signals are clear in your messages. 

11 minutes ago, Silvy said:

You can believe a person and still want an investigation to prove they're right. Truth comes out in the end, or at least, the culture in LMG can only get better.

1 minute ago, Reclus said:

What about countless examples of the ones that turned to be absolute made up lie?

Nice argument senator, got a source to back it up?

1 minute ago, Chairman Boofy said:

The topic of "false reports" when it comes to sexual assault allegations has been studied extensively, and it has been demonstrated that false allegations are rare and dramatically overestimated: https://www.brown.edu/campus-life/health/services/promotion/sexual-assault-dating-violence/myths-about-sexual-assault-reports

As we've learned from recent years with high-profile allegations, they typically turn out to be true in some way far more than they turn out to be false.

And lol at the hyperbole about "throwing people under the bus". No one has had their life destroyed over this yet you drama queen. 

Even if it was 1% I would still think it's wrong. I would never instantly ignore the idea of evidence and instantly believe an accusation just because there is a strong chance of it being true. What about the small chance? You are just going to ignore that? Screw them? That's your answer? If there is any chance of them being innocent, I think it's the right thing to do to at least due our due diligence to make sure rather than just throwing them under the bus.

Just now, Reclus said:

I bet any money you will cry to the heavens about the court of law if it will be you on the chopping block unfairly accused.. What a childish take.

Countless examples of serious allegations that turned true?

Go to bed child it is past your bed time.

There aren't "countless" examples of sexual assault allegations that have been an absolute "made up lie" and posted earlier that's a well researched subject that shows false allegations are rare. 

Sounds like you're the unread child here lmao.

12 minutes ago, yoc said:

Not really.
The timing tells a lot but also Linus starts the meeting stating the motivation for it are some "rumors".
After that, we tries to pull the "we are a family" (not directly tho) which is typically used to keep things in house (why?).
He strongly incentivizes everyone to solve your problems directly with the person that have caused them (not good if we are talking about sexual harassment but also bad if power dynamics apply). Motivation? Well, I'm no expert but I believe anyone can see why this is perfect for a company because leaves no paper trails. Your second option is talk to him or Yvonne, huh.
Finally, almost nobody knew about the anonymous form?
I honestly don't believe that it was just another meeting. Some people have expressed the same opinion way better than I'm able to do so you can also try to search for their posts but yeah, 124 pages.

You have never worked in a corporate environment. And don't even pretend that you did. This was the most typical HR meeting I have done hundreds of times. That includes jokes made by staff during it, absolutely bored that they have to listen to a problem that does not concern them.

Kids... Kids everywhere...

4 minutes ago, LumpyCrumpet said:

It's been ten years and we've still got people banging on about fucking "SJWs" on the Internet, Jesus Christ I thought they'd all have grown up by now

It's beyond embarrassing that grown ass mfers are still posting like their back in 2014 lmao

Just now, Sho2048 said:

You can believe a person and still want an investigation to prove they're right. Truth comes out in the end, or at least, the culture in LMG can only get better.

I agree with you. I didn't say it shouldn't be investigated. In fact, I think it would be silly not to. I am just saying, the investigation should come first before just instantly throwing insults, joining in on a hate mob, cheering for the downfall of someone. Let's first check to see what we can learn about the situation. Find evidence, talk with people who work there, and see if there is anyone who has witnessed these things. This is the correct way to go about it. And if anyone is at fault, let's find out.

4 minutes ago, hmfaysal said:

Well agreed. Maddie claimed that her twitch fanbase is kinda gone(?). Also she complained, she didn't get much airtime on Youtube at LMG. So OnlyTubeLight now? Maybe, IDK. she needs to get money out of this fiasco, i dont care where it comes from, LMG, GN or OnlyAirConditioning. She deserves it

You are seriously going off topic with your shenanigans. Are you trying to derail this topic? Spam is not the way.

This font is amazing.

34 minutes ago, Chairman Boofy said:

This is a cowardly copout. By asserting that "there's no proof!!!!111", you are intrinsically implying that she's lying unless shown otherwise. At least own your own beliefs lol.

You owe me 500 dollars.

If you claim that "there's no proof!!!!111", you are intrinsically implying that I am lying. 

Pay me 500 dollars, right now. 

Just now, Real_Smoky said:

You owe me 500 dollars.

If you claim that "there's no proof!!!!111", you are intrinsically implying that I am lying. 

Pay me 500 dollars, right now. 

Sure, what's your cashapp bruh?

5 minutes ago, Chairman Boofy said:

Like what "proof" do you want her to provide when she say she was touched inappropriately? A photo of someone's hand on her ass? Some of you people are egregiously gross lol

To be fair, they never said "she has no proof", they said "The burden of proof is upon her to substantiate things"

People have the right to withhold judgement upon LTT when they don't have enough information about what happened..  

That does not preclude supporting Madison in what was obviously a traumatic experience for her.

Sharpening pitchforks is not the only way to support someone.

3 minutes ago, Chairman Boofy said:

There aren't "countless" examples of sexual assault allegations that have been an absolute "made up lie" and posted earlier that's a well researched subject that shows false allegations are rare. 

Sounds like you're the unread child here lmao.

I will not be getting into an argument with a child. Go read a book before drinking your milk and going to bed. School starts early tomorrow and you really need it.

Some of the things she said remind me of this person while she may have believed it was toxic or to much work for 1 person doesn’t make it so… or maybe it was my point is this person above is crying about how bad starbucks is and having to work a 8 hour day short staffed ngl is a funny video but in this person mind it’s hell on earth. Their truth doesn’t make it the truth or maybe it’s all true a lmg is a toxic misogynistic environment where the culture of groping people is acceptable and they treat their staff like shit who knows. What I do know is this few months from now people will forget and stop caring there are so many examples of this, so those who want lmg cancelled better act fast because time is running out.

You're in deep fuckin' shit boys.  Hope you brought life jackets.

AMD 3900XT | ROG STRIX B550-E Gaming | Corsair RGB Pro 3600MHZ CL18

WD_Black SN850 1TB | WD_Black SN770 2TB | Noctua NH12-U |

ROG STRIX RTX 3080 12GB | Corsair HX1200 80+Platinum | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Asus Predator X34 (3440x1440) | 2x AOC Q32V3S/WS (2560x1440) |  Asus ROG Strix ROGSCABBARD Eva Edition deskmat |