Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

4 minutes ago, AcidBurn98 said:

You seem to lack reading skills. Nothing he said contradicts Madison. He said that he was aware of her complaints when she worked there and ultimatly stepped in as a support net and helper her get a new job after the fallout. I wonder why he would of helped her if this was all bogus made up lies. The only people that contradict themselves are you incels. You first ask for proof, then when her co workers from that time defend her suddenly you dont want proof.

Lol

Ahh there always people like you who want to yell loud and ignore whats been said.

What he saying happened and what she saying happened don't match together which anyone can see.

Are either lying maybe or are they just getting facts wrong because it was two years ago possibly.

This is why you have a investigation to find out the truth.

So how about we let the adult men and woman doing so get along with their job and avoid jumping on the vigilante band wagon for either side.

Oh and if you bothered to read you know Dub show a clear bias which has not helped matters.

If she truly is a victim of this then his tweeting is mostly certainly not helping matters at all.

All i said facts aren't add up with whats she said which is troubling along with not a single other female coming forward.

None of this precludes it from having happened as its been two years and people can mis-remeber but they are red flags which are certainly going to be investigated.

But clearly none of this matters to you and its guilty tell proven innocent.

Where have wee seen this before?

Either way i am done playing with you it a utterly pointless effort.

18 hours ago, Dave4u said:

Absolutely, and the resulting investigations now needs to happen with the same level of respect and privacy as would be afforded any private company and it's staff, irrrespective of industry. To not may infact be detrimental to any positive outcome. 

If they choose at the end of the process to publish findings, so be it it, until that point we should wait to pass public opinion. 

For sure, agreed. I think it would be good for the community and therefore themselves if they did publish the findings from their 3rd party investigator, however. I'm not as concerned about their own internal findings.

I'm not sure that he's not corroborating Madison's allegations as some of you have said... The more I read the tweets the more I feel he is (and was, when it happened) actually on "her side" (hate to put it this way).
image.png.8212eecf84e082c1ab2d3d191e4dd75f.png

This font is amazing.

3 minutes ago, Magnus33 said:

Lol

Ahh there always people like you who want to yell loud and ignore whats been said.

What he saying happened and what she saying happened don't match together which anyone can see.

Are either lying maybe or are they just getting facts wrong because it was two years ago possibly.

So how about we let the adult men and woman doing so get along with their job and avoid jumping on the vigilante band wagon for either side.

Oh and if you bothered to read you know Dub show a clear bias which has not helped matters.

If she truly is a victim of this then his tweeting is mostly certainly not helping matters at all.

All i said facts aren't add up with whats she said which is troubling along with not a single other female coming forward.

None of this precludes it from having happened as its been two years and people can mis-remeber but they are red flags which are certainly going to be investigated.

Does your phone/computer not have autocorrect because damn....  Not making a strong case for yourself my friend.

EDIT:  I guess autocorrect wouldn't correct bad grammar.  Man I hate being that guy.  

1 minute ago, Magnus33 said:

Lol

What exactly do you think doesn't add up? Seems all he's even said is that her allegations match up with what he's heard, that he mentioned it verbally to someone, that he helped her find her new role, and that he agrees that there would be obvious backlash from parts of the community.

Maybe he said something else that I've missed, in which case please enlighten me, but nothing from what I've seen seems to contradict anything from her thread.

Anyone reading this thread that might be depressed because the Boys Club is circle jerking and hating on women. Just remember that men like this are lonely tech bros that have never felt the touch of a woman besides there mother. They are dinosaurs of a dying era lashing out at the world because women have rights and don't need to be there love slaves. Many of these same alpha male types that permeate this thread, were the same that were offended and hurt by the barbie movie. My tech classes at my college that are full of women ready to make a change in the tech industry gives much hope for the future.

24 minutes ago, Magnus33 said:

Ouch. If she is really a victim that's not going to help her or him in the slightest.  Awkward is a understatement !!

Colin is saying he's not surprised that LTT fans are attacking Madison and calling her a liar. It's pretty obvious that he gives credence to at least some of what she's alleged because he says she told him the same things at the time.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Colin is saying he's not surprised that LTT fans are attacking Madison and calling her a liar. It's pretty obvious that he gives credence to at least some of what she's alleged because he says she told him the same things at the time.

Right.  I just dont think random people on twitter needling him for info helps her case at all.  But, he came forward so I'm sure he was expecting some backlash.  Good for him for backing her up.  Lets see if anyone else will come forward.

10 minutes ago, Uttamattamakin said:

You can't re write history after a certain point here.  You know things you wrote still exist right? 

Screenshot_20230817_122534.thumb.png.3a392f1fed75d3d3a60bb67a7e6ed43d.png

You also said it in a very dismissive way. 

Screenshot_20230817_122344.thumb.png.7e654c37bb04b600e1d171f9e4d5b233.png

ALSO ALL CAPS IS NOT GREAT SINCE IT CAN READ LIKE SHOUTING.   

You didn't realize that a message board stores messages.  I don't need to pile on any more. 

This feels so disengenous. Yes, pre-digital computers, computers were literally women.

Post-digital computers. Men just took over everything but secretarial work that used computers.

No one is rewriting history, history shows trends changed.  since the early-mid 70s the women in the field got pushed out and the field became incredibly gender imbalanced in the other direction (towards men)

The people that are throwing shade at Madison's allegations with zero knowledge or involvement with her alleged experience are part of the problem.

The allegations are serious. It's not your job to play internet lawyer. It's also not your job to defend LTT in this situation.

Blind loyalty for a situation like this is toxic. You're not going to get an internet badge for sticking up for a company that allegedly treated a human-being less than human.

This thread is disappointing. Our cohesive message should be:

• We hope the allegations are not true.
  • If the allegations are true, they should be taken seriously.
  • If the allegations are true, involved parties must be held accountable.

Potato Revamp

CPU: AMD 5900x || GPU: nVidia RTX 3080 || RAM: 32gb Trident Z Neo CL16 || Case: Fractal Torrent Compact || CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 || PSU: Corsair RM850 Gold || Storage: ADATA SX8200 Pro (1TB), 2x Samsung Evo 870 (2TB)

18 minutes ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

And for the record, Im not a kid.  I'm a grown ass man that works in, wait for it......the tech field.... 🙂

Here is your quote:

1 hour ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

Some fields will tend to be more gender unbalanced than others.  Tech has always leaned more towards the male side.  It all depends on the situation.

Here is the question in the face of various articles and posts made since you've said it:

"Has tech always leaned more towards the male side?"

I imagine that the reason people are repeatedly bringing it up is because you are acting as though you had said "In recent history, there are more men than women in tech" when you didn't and seem to be allergic to simply admitting you were mistaken.

2 minutes ago, AcidBurn98 said:

Anyone reading this thread that might be depressed because the Boys Club is circle jerking and hating on women. Just remember that men like this are lonely tech bros that have never felt the touch of a woman besides there mother.

...and then only on the day they were born. 

2 minutes ago, AcidBurn98 said:

They are dinosaurs of a dying era lashing out at the world because women have rights and don't need to be there love slaves. Many of these same alpha male types that permeate this thread, were the same that were offended and hurt by the barbie movie. My tech classes at my college that are full of women ready to make a change in the tech industry gives much hope for the future.

Lets hope to so called "Leaky pipe" excuse fails now.  

I think that the ability to work anywhere, from anywhere, will help everyone involved in tech.  In principle there are very few jobs in tech that really truly require working from the office.  This way if the "office" is not great for whatever reason anyone, male or female, man, woman, or any other gender can just work from where ever allows them to produce the best product possible for their company. 

1 minute ago, kewtz said:

The people that are throwing shade at Madison's allegations with zero knowledge or involvement with her alleged experience are part of the problem.

The allegations are serious. It's not your job to play internet lawyer. It's also not your job to defend LTT in this situation.

Blind loyalty for a situation like this is toxic. You're not going to get an internet badge for sticking up for a company that allegedly treated a human-being less than human.

This thread is disappointing. Our cohesive message should be:

• We hope the allegations are not true.
  • If the allegations are true, they should be taken seriously.
  • If the allegations are true, involved parties must be held accountable.

I am sorry sir, this is the internet... where reasonable takes, and any kind of logical or objective reasoning is unallowed.

Please pick a side, and vigorously defend it, without regard to any information or the impacts it will have on any real life human beings!

10 minutes ago, yoc said:

Nobody will do nothing to him, lmao, this is the LTT forum not the Italian Mafia forum or some shit like that. Don't be ridiculous.
I agree with him, this community can be very toxic and is currently being toxic specially towards Madison (doing stuff like victim blaming and so on...).
If any of you, big guys, want to make me disappear or whatever feel free to PM me and will send you my current location.

He correct if colourful in his description lol.

All forums can have toxic elements and there are groups on both sides blaming both sides which is wrong.

Rather then stepping back and look at the facts and  waiting for the investigation.

Madison should not be blamed and Lmg shouldn't be found guilty before proven innocent but this is lost on some.

We had perfect examples with Weinstein where some jumped to his defence then he turned out to be a monster and Depp who turned out to be a victim but was vilified before the trial.

Dub ended up making matters worse though by showing a clear bias which just clouds the whole thing.

If Madison telling the truth he just made things harder with his tweeting.

This is always a problem when you go personal rather then stick to the facts as you see them.

All we can do is wait for more facts and see how the investigation goes.

1 minute ago, buttpoop said:

I imagine that the reason people are repeatedly bringing it up is because you are acting as though you had said "In recent history, there are more men than women in tech" when you didn't and seem to be allergic to simply admitting you were mistaken instead of saying everyone else is misunderstanding you.

But we arent talking about history.  We are discussing what is going on HERE and NOW.  I figured that was a given.

3 minutes ago, kewtz said:

You don't have to have knowledge or involvement to notice a pattern.

She live streams. On those live streams she is a professional victim, blowing every perceived slight out of proportion. 

She is one of those people who will take offense to ANYTHING even the most innocuous of comments. 

Nobody here wants her to have been assaulted... but the more level headed are saying you should not be condemning Linus or anyone else without proof. And another ex-employee and her current boyfriend saying "Yeah she said that" are not exactly great evidence.

3 minutes ago, starsmine said:

No one is rewriting history, history shows trends changed.  since the early-mid 70s the women in the field got pushed out and the field became incredibly gender imbalanced in the other direction (towards men)

I wasn't talking about capital H History of the world there.  I was talking about the little h hisotry of what he wrote on this message board lol. 

3 minutes ago, starsmine said:

This feels so disengenous. Yes, pre-digital computers, computers were literally women.

Post-digital computers. Men just took over everything but secretarial work that used computers.

The "history" Channel article that I linked multiple times says otherwise.  

https://www.history.com/news/coding-used-to-be-a-womans-job-so-it-was-paid-less-and-undervalued

Screenshot_20230817_125114.thumb.png.440b3b51363dc1f72954cc0472d0e01d.png

The point is sexist stereotypes that are rampant in the world are what made that happen.  

There is nothing "natural" about the state of affairs where any tech company is mostly one race and one gender IF it is over a certain size.  Even in the most conservative of US states companies of the size of LMG are expected to be more diverse than LMG is. 

5 minutes ago, Uttamattamakin said:

There is nothing "natural" about the state of affairs where any tech company is mostly one race and one gender IF it is over a certain size.  Even in the most conservative of US states companies of the size of LMG are expected to be more diverse than LMG is. 

Or they are just hiring the best candidates based on their skills and not basing it on gender or race, just what they bring to the table for the company?

The company I work for is literally 6 women and 2 men.  We were all hired based on skills, not gender.

14 minutes ago, yoc said:

I'm not sure that he's not corroborating Madison's allegations as some of you have said... The more I read the tweets the more I feel he is (and was, when it happened) actually on "her side" (hate to put it this way).
image.png.8212eecf84e082c1ab2d3d191e4dd75f.png

He maybe but he really should stop tweeting as its not helping matters with his personal comments. If he wants to help he needs to get in touch with the investigator as his personal comments are clouding the issue and going to make it more difficult if she a victim here.

In-fact both should stop tweeting at this point and contact the investigators.

I seen real victims destroy their own case but a ill though out tweet and non victims do the same.

This is why lawyers tell thier clients to stay the hell of social media.

4 minutes ago, Uttamattamakin said:

I wasn't talking about capital H History of the world there.  I was talking about the little h hisotry of what he wrote on this message board lol. 

The "history" Channel article that I linked multiple times says otherwise.  

https://www.history.com/news/coding-used-to-be-a-womans-job-so-it-was-paid-less-and-undervalued

Screenshot_20230817_125114.thumb.png.440b3b51363dc1f72954cc0472d0e01d.png

The point is sexist stereotypes that are rampant in the world are what made that happen.  

No, there is nothing natural about it, I did not realize that was the argument. Any field being hyper-gender dominant means there are issues not being fully addressed for multitudes of reasons.

4 minutes ago, Cosmic Emotion said:

So , Colin had brought up some of the issues with Madison verbally. Very interesting developments indeed. UwU

not really?
It was already known that people knew about the issues. 

25 minutes ago, Magnus33 said:

He correct if colourful in his description lol.

All forums can have toxic elements and there are groups on both sides blaming both sides which is wrong.

Rather then stepping back and look at the facts and  waiting for the investigation.

Madison should not be blamed and Lmg shouldn't be found guilty before proven innocent but this is lost on some.

We had perfect examples with Weinstein where some jumped to his defence then he turned out to be a monster and Depp who turned out to be a victim but was vilified before the trial.

Dub ended up making matters worse though by showing a clear bias which just clouds the whole thing.

If Madison telling the truth he just made things harder with his tweeting.

This is always a problem when you go personal rather then stick to the facts as you see them.

All we can do is wait for more facts and see how the investigation goes.

What? That has nothing to do what I've said.
Madison should absolutely come out with her story. Glad she did so it can be investigated and make everyone involved in that shitshow accountable.
Dub should have shown his support when it happened (which seems like he did) and now. Now is important because 1) she must be through a lot in this moment (not only but also because of guys like you) and 2) because it makes more difficult sweep this under the rug.
I do agree that we should let the investigation proceed but victim blaming, dismissing her as a lier, and a lot of other shit that I've seen in this forum and all over the internet is not how you do it.

This font is amazing.

Just now, HesCalledTheStig said:

But we arent talking about history.  We are discussing what is going on HERE and NOW.  I figured that was a given.

Look, this ultimately doesn't matter, but if we were talking about the here and now, there were a million ways to word your original sentence that said that.

You weren't being sarcastic. You weren't being allegorical. There is no rhetorical device being used to make it obvious to everyone that we should have read the phrase "always" as "recent".

It seems so obvious to me why people were calling you out. They said so in their own words as clearly as I did. It's also seems obvious why this might be a touchy subject. Yet, you aren't really interested in saying "Oh, sorry, I was wrong about that." even now when you admit that your sentence clearly stated something different than what you were intending. 

1 minute ago, starsmine said:

not really?
It was already known that people knew about the issues. 

Yeah I know, I'm just having fun at this point. UwU

CPU: 7900X

GPU: 7900XTX

RAM: 32 GBs DDR5

1 minute ago, buttpoop said:

Look, this ultimately doesn't matter, but if we were talking about the here and now, there were a million ways to word your original sentence that said that.

You weren't being sarcastic. You weren't being allegorical. There is no rhetorical device being used to make it obvious to everyone that we should have read the phrase "always" as "recent".

It seems so obvious to me why people were calling you out. They said so in their own words as clearly as I did. It's also seems obvious why this might be a touchy subject. Yet, you aren't really interested in saying "Oh, sorry, I was wrong about that." even now when you admit that your sentence clearly stated something different than what you were intending. 

Might want to read back a bit.  I did say I worded it wrong a LONG time ago....